Dutch Man Arrested For Drugs and Money Laundering in Pattaya

Rimmer

Also he had bought lands

How do the Dutch get the right to buy land but other foreigners can't.

How do the Dutch get the right to buy land but other foreigners can't ? ? Foreigners can't buy land, but Thai spouses can. The article states "...Mrs.Mingkwan Kaenin his 35 year old wife..." Australians are not being prejudiced. smile.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As usual the story is very convoluted . Misinformation obtained thru a Thai interpreter. I don't see what crime he committed in Thailand. And his crime in the Netherlands is only an assertion at this point. The Thai authorities sure didn't waste any time grabbing his assets though.

"At this point he came to Thailand where he is accused of Money Laundering offences under the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 1999. It is suspected he opened a company and allegedly laundering 5-600 Million Baht per year"

Was I the only one to read that?

• Like 1

He will then be sent back to his home country as a transnational criminal after he has been prosecuted here in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

​What exactly is the crime he has committed here in Thailand? If there is a legitimate paper trail for the investments made here from legitimate business he owns elsewhere, prosecution here in Thailand and the confiscating of his assets amounts to theft. Firstly Thailand is in no position to prosecute anyone here who has not committed any crime in Thailand. Furthermore who is going to be the beneficiary of the assets seized here? Me thinks a good lawyer here in the land of !!!!!!!!! will never allow this to enter a court room.

Also he had bought lands

*sarcasm*

Because we are related to the Master Race the Germans but smarter we get special privileges that descendants of the Brits don't get. *sarcasm*

Of course the Dutch cant buy land I wish it was so. The land is in the name of his wife of course.

Descendants of the Brits!!!! Who would that be then, Brits? Because we are related to the Master Race, the Germans!!!! So tell me who are the Brits descended from? Do the words Germanic Tribes ring any bells with you at all?

Also he had bought lands

You can buy land as much as you want, if you can pay the price.

But, you cannot register these land plots in YOUR name. wink.png

I notice that they didn't actually find any drugs but the word of his own embassy is enough to go on to arrest him and seize all his ornaments, gold ornaments and property.

It's going to be a 'sitcky situation' if he requests consular assistance...

ka-ching!

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Sword? Whaddaya mean? the only swords I can see here are not his...just because he had a pistol doesn't necessarily mean he was marching about the place pointing it at people and taking their stuff...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Remember until just recently( and I think they are allowing it again) Canabbis in Coffee shops in the Netherlands was legal.

it still is.....and Always was... only not to foreigners anymore. thats where the illegal trade steps in

Edited by myluckythai

I know this guy fairly well,

Nice friendly chap, he told me years ago that he has some coffee shops in Netherlands and that they are legal.
This case stinks, he has not committed a crime in Thailand how dare they take all his assets, ok maybe he owes some tax or something, but if he was really getting 500 mil per year, dont you think that after all these years living over here his estate in Thailand would be valued more than 50mil baht??
I feel bad for him and his wife looks like their life as they knew it has been shut down! reminds me of the WOLFGANG story, they did the same to him, took everything he had.

In holland they are after him for taxfraud.and possesion of illegal amounts of Ganja. and money laundering... In Thailand for money laundering. that's the connection. he is from my hometown and yes he is a friendly dude..but still

Edited by myluckythai

Wow. He has lost considerable amount of money there ! Even if the houses were rented there's the vehicles and the all the trappings of wealth.

Some of the story doesn't ring true however. There's something not quite right about it. Anyone.

The houses were not rented.

Hi,

News given by people close to this man.. He is not in jail but in an hotel and very well treated.. What is said in the paper is largely false, not such a big amount of money found. His brother in Netherlands has apparently no problems etc..

He has some issues in Holland, but should be released today 'maybe waiting for an extradition procedure unless he decides to show up in Netherlands, I don't know) .. Let's see what happens before making more comments about things we don't know

One thing that always surprises me in Thailand is the way everything comes in the papers' front page when arresting a foreigner.. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything here

Have a nice week

"According to Thai law, the couple will be tried and punished here before being extradited to the Netherlands."

And what did they do here in Thailand, that constitutes a crime ? Invest - buy houses and cars - had money in the bank ?

Seems unlikely they can be tried and punished here, for crimes done in Holland.

So if anything, they should extradite him back home like yesterday.

Oh and what's the crime of the Thai lady, marrying a seemingly rich "businessman" ?

Are you for real? Does the article not say it is under investigation? In Thailand the police have 90 days to investigate a crime. Maybe you missed the part about the Dutch Embassy working with the DEA here? Or you might have missed the part about "they found guns and bullets etc etc etc.

They are not being tried in Thailand for crimes they committed in Holland. They are being investigated and tried for crimes they committed IN Thailand.

The crime of the Thai lady is the same as his crime. Also did you mean; anti-businessman? He is not or ever was a "Businessman". He is a Criminal who got caught.