Could this crazy idea actually work?

I'll give you a quick back story:

Have a double entry visa with one entry left to use by 5th September.

Only have 2 blank pages on passport, so decided to go to Cambodia on 5th Aug.

From there I would get 6-12 month extension (multiple entry) on my last passport page.

I also have a few half-pages in my passport.

Anyway, I thought I could potentially do this:

Fly to PP on 5th Aug as planned.

Apply for multiple entry visa and it should be ready by 8/9th (3 days)

Try to get back into Thailand overland Popeit border crossing before 12th Aug

If it worked I would activate the second entry in my Thai visa, but if I got turned away at the border I'd still have a multiple entry visa to get back into Cambodia.

Does this sound like it would work, or should I just bite the bullet and ride it out in Cambodia for 3 months while waiting on new passport?

If I thought if this sooner I could have went there earlier which is unfortunate.

What kind of multiple entry do you think you can get in PP Cambodia? They don't do any that I know of.

If you could get one using your tourist visa to enter would give you nothing extra. A multiple entry non immigrant visa has a one year validity that starts on the date of issue.

I have seen nothing that would indicate you will have any problem using the 2nd entry of your tourist visa as long as it is before the enter before date on the visa sticker.

If you got a e-visa for Cambodia you would only have an entry stamp instead of a full page sticker. See: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh

You can get an 'ordinary' visa for Cambodia which would take up one page.

You can extend it in the country for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. The 6 and 12 month ext are multiple entry.

Those would take up my blank pages, but I'd still have my Thai visa plus lots of half pages left.

Edited by finy

Okay that sounds good, will I'll get the multiple entry visa anyway just as insurance so I'm not stuck without anywhere to apply for my passport.

Just another quick question if you don't mind.

I will need to prove my address when applying from Thailand, but don't know how to do this.

Would I be able to get my landlord to give me something to take to immigration for proof of address?

Then would I need to get this translated into English?

Cheers

And I have 2 years worth of border jumps, 1 day overstay fines, and tourist visas so the multiple entry Cambodian visa is a must as a fail safe.

Definitely go for that then. I have one of those too since I regularly travel into/out of Cambodia, sometimes just for a night. I too thought of it as a failsafe when i got it after my departure when my job ended.

Some reports suggest it might take a bit longer than 2-3 days to get this extension now but if you offer some extra money for "fast processing" you should be able to get it back within a shorter period of time. Otherwise you could always hang out for a little while during which the extension is processed, I'm sure that's not such a bad thing.

• Like 1

If you apply for the evisa for Cambodia, and fly in, they clip a little bit of paper in your passport and once you leave you still have the page..

Also the Cambodian visas are stuck in with a very weak or brittle glue.. I have a whole bunch which have unstuck and I just keep folded on my passport.. An immigration office might not want to reuse those pages, as there's a hint of glue coloration but your average desk guy at a border run would probably see fit to do so IMO. If the sticker isn't next to it it's very subtle it was previously used page.

I am down to 4 full clean pages and a few halfs and was looking at my own in the same mindset recently the few Cambodian stickers I have still stuck in looked like they would take very little encouragement to free up a few more. I probably have 10 or so stickers some totally unstuck and the rest just hanging in because it stays closed.