Can I Extend My 30 Day Visa On Arrival

I have been staying in Thailnd for the last 6 months and normally travel enough to be out before the end of my 30 day VISA. (is this a tourist VISA on arrival??)

If i dont want to travel can i extend?? my( VISA on arrival) , if so how?? I have a British passport and will in the next couple of months set a company up here, will the extension affect this??

Hope to hear soon or i have to travel again on the 18th!!!

is there a max number of times i will get a 30 days VISA on arrival before immigration decide i cant come into Thailand? Will this affect me when i apply for an non immigrant VISA, or apply to have my company registered here and apply for my work permit?? Any other information would be great to hear....

is there a max number of times i will get a 30 days VISA on arrival before immigration decide i cant come into Thailand? Will this affect me when i apply for an non immigrant VISA, or apply to have my company registered here and apply for my work permit?? Any other information would be great to hear....

You don't have a "30 day Visa on arrival" You don't have a visa at all. You have a 30 day entry permit based on the visa waiver program that Thailand has for selected countries.

There is not max number of entries on visa waiver that I know of. It is up to the Immigration Officer when entering. I have never heard of anyone being refused because of too many 30 day entry stamps.

Should not affect your future Non-Imm visa or work permit, but you never know. You cannot get a Non-Imm B visa or work permit if you have entered Thailand on a 30 day entry stamp. You must get the Non-Imm B outside Thailand.

TH

I was trying to extend a 30 day visa/entry permit and found some regulation somewhere that the extensions can only be purchased for 60 day visas! 30 day visas are non-extendable. There is a Thai Govt. website that somewhere that states this.

I didn't test this by going to Immigration, I just headed for the border.

I was trying to extend a 30 day visa/entry permit and found some regulation somewhere that the extensions can only be purchased for 60 day visas! 30 day visas are non-extendable.
Long ago it took intervention of your Embassy to get a visa free entry extended but they now extend for 10 days on a regular basis.

I was trying to extend a 30 day visa/entry permit and found some regulation somewhere that the extensions can only be purchased for 60 day visas! 30 day visas are non-extendable. There is a Thai Govt. website that somewhere that states this.

I didn't test this by going to Immigration, I just headed for the border.

A 60 day Tourist Visa is extendable by up to 30 days. Cost 1900 baht.

A 30 day entry permit is extendable by up to 10 days. Cost 1900 baht.

They are normally extended by 10 and 30 days respectively, but the immigration officer could reduce or refuse any extension if it suited him.

thanks for your information, looks like the 10 day extension would be good for me this time, DR P, do you know where i go for this, do i go to the airport or to the main immigration office in Sathorn? Thanks again for all the replies....