The Guide to Happy Expat Life in Thailand

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good, actually. I can't say I disagree with any of those....although the married guys may not agree with number 1.

I don't agree with number 1 infull. I would say: If you are married don't stay within 5 hours drive from the family. Fortunately my wife loves her family but don't allow any meddling in our affairs, they visit a few days in the year and then go back home. They never ask for money and respect our belongings. To be honest I think they are @#$% scared of me and I am okay with that.

• Like 1

Generally agree, but not #2. I let others drive. Less cost, less aggravation, and I still have most of my hair. Also good to be far from her family (and old friends)... trying to rework old adage "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer sweeties family farther?

• Like 2

I drive a Merc I say if it rocks your boat go for it and my partners father lives 6 hours away and has not been to see us in 10 years we visit him so easy to jump in the Merc and wizz off when I say so.

In 10 + years never had a driving problem. My hobby is my 3 dogs and 7 cats and the fish in the Klong right out side our new house.

Each to your own and I do not care what people might say or speak when I get out of the Merc.

Pretty good, actually. I can't say I disagree with any of those....although the married guys may not agree with number 1.

I don't agree with number 1, I live with my wife and her two adult kids, her family come in the house from time to time, and my food is never touched, there's never any alcohol as no one drinks, I always eat Farang food and the family only eat Thai food, so my food is always separate, although I do remember a Farang who was always complaining that when his wifes brothers come to his house they always go into his fridge and eat his food and drink his beer.