Bomb attack in Yala kills at least two and injures many others

Lite Beer

After reading many replies... I wonder how many actually know what is happening in south Thailand...
or have ever even been here.. (yes here as I am actually in south Thailand now... though a less hit area like Betong was...)

When ...??? When.....??? will the Thais do something to stop this ....?? It is ridiculous at this point ! And the reports of dead and or wounded people almost daily is now like a Soap Opera that everybody is watching... I'm surprised that there is no betting schemes going on as to how many people will be blown up ....let's say tomorrow or the day after ....This is so insane !!

I pray for peace in South Thailand

I can not believe this is cause by Israel the Zionist of the Rothchild's

What is the reason for this terrible killing?

The sad truth is no one is really sure what is the reasons for the mindless murders....
with the many different terrorist groups, none who have ever claimed responsibility for any specific attacks, let alone announce their demands...
many have attributed it of course to Islamic groups trying to gain their independence from Thai Buddhist reign...
but no individual or group has ever explicitly said so... (as far as I am aware anyway)

The local Muslims claim this area as theirs, "The Sultanate of Patani", but long time before they showed up in this area it was the Buddhist Srivijayan Empire (8th to 12th centuries) The Thai government should not listen to this narrow minded group of people, if they can't live together with other people that are not Muslims, than they should give them a one-way ticket to Iran and tell them that they are not welcome back, a soft approach here will never work.

yes and that worked out so well with the Israelis and Palestine
most of the Thai muslims actually despise these extremists as much as their Buddhist neighbours...
as they are just as much affected by death and the killings....

"Because the insurgents have no claim on Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok, which were not part of the Malay sultanate placed under Thai control more than 100 years ago. If you are going to comment, I urge you to read up on the deep South and its troubles a bit. It may not make sense to you otherwise. The anti-government people there have been doing it for 60 years and they have rhyme and reason for what they do, no matter what you may think about it".

Wandasloan, since when do terrorists only bomb places on which they have a claim? Did the IRA have any claims on the UK mainland? Who was claiming the discotheques in Bali? Did Al Queda have a claim to the World Trade Center. I think it is you that needs to do more reading so you might understand terrorist tactics.

thank God these extremeists are not yet as organised
the day they start attacking the capital as mindlessly as they have been in the south,

I can imagine the body counts doubling and tripling....
though unfortunately I do remember last year some news about bombs being found in Bangkok... can't remember if they were attached to the south extremists...

The sad truth is there is no easy or clear way to deal with these extremists...
As it is, the army is spread pretty thin over the wide regions,

and those responsible usually wait to lull them into a false sense of monotony before striking...
and the strikes have been getting bigger and bolder.....
If only there was a peaceful solution....

As I remember a poster mentioning in a previous post about Malaysian leaders trying to have a closed door meeting with the leaders of the extremists group, that it was a futile attempt...
why?
First of all, no one is even sure how many groups there are...

Secondly, none of the leaders are stupid enough to attend these meetings... as this would give up their anonymity and identify themselves to anyone who was interested in eliminating them.... so they send one of their leaders instead (not even sure if it would have been their second in charge)/
Thirdly, to have any discussion, there needs to be demands that can be negotiated... it is still not clear if there is any common demand even if any was ever made clear...

And to those who believe in taking a more firm and violent approach in apprehending these extremists... there are still many obstacles to even this approach...
first is identifying who are these extremists... and we are not even talking about the leaders...
those lower foot soldiers who end up doing these bombings... are not always even known to their families as extremists...
then take into consideration the wide area these three provinces, would any party have enough man power to police these areas?
and what strategy could actually work in attacking this problem?... focusing on the main cities obviously is not enough....
how does any one get into all the interiors where many are rumoured to be hiding... and even then they are rumoured to be mobile....

Anyway that is my few thought and ponderings on this situation...

I am sure there are many out there who are obviously better than I and more equipped to handle the situation...
but from my point of view there is yet to be any workable solution

October 25 will most probably be the next reminder for the current government.

There is no government. There is martial law and the country ruled by the Military, that is not a government or a leadership that has been accepted by the international community.

A government is defined as "the governing body of a nation, state, or community". I believe a military junta qualifies. Whether it has been accepted by the international community is irrelevant. Like it or not it is governing the country.

...not to forget, that the military government out-qualified the former government, by starting to clean up the mess, which was left by them.

In fact, tune in to General Prayuth's Friday night updates on what is happening in Thailand under the NCPO. On True Channel 119, I think. Now comes with English subtitles for us falangs. Interesting learning about many things happening in LOS of which I was previously unaware - economic stuff like the state of agricultural industries; International relations; The South (!); Rooting out corruption (good luck with that one!)

I would happily vote for him to take over my country if he was a pollie. Pity for Thailand he isn't, and says he will return to the military once all is relatively stable, and a major adjustment of checks and balances havs occurred. I do now understand why my Thai friends from differing political positions unanimously approve of him.

Edited by CBR250

October 25 will most probably be the next reminder for the current government.

There is no government. There is martial law and the country ruled by the Military, that is not a government or a leadership that has been accepted by the international community.

A government is defined as "the governing body of a nation, state, or community". I believe a military junta qualifies. Whether it has been accepted by the international community is irrelevant. Like it or not it is governing the country.

"Like it or not it is governing the country."

This suggests a choice which doesn't exist. You cannot express your dislike of it, therefore to all intents and purposes you can only like it. Please don't lose sight of the wood for the trees.

Edited by 15Peter20

In fact, tune in to General Prayuth's Friday night updates on what is happening in Thailand under the NCPO. On True Channel 119, I think. Now comes with English subtitles for us falangs. Interesting learning about many things happening in LOS of which I was previously unaware - economic stuff like the state of agricultural industries; International relations; The South (!); Rooting out corruption (good luck with that one!)

I would happily vote for him to take over my country if he was a pollie. Pity for Thailand he isn't, and says he will return to the military once all is relatively stable, and a major adjustment of checks and balances havs occurred. I do now understand why my Thai friends from differing political positions unanimously approve of him.

The Australian P.M Tony Abbott is an idiot but I still wouldn't like to see martial law and the Military running the show as it is not the role of the Australian Army. The Queen of England will dismiss the Australian government and appoint an interim P.M as she did with Gough Whitlam.

The Australian P.M Tony Abbott is an idiot but I still wouldn't like to see martial law and the Military running the show as it is not the role of the Australian Army. The Queen of England will dismiss the Australian government and appoint an interim P.M as she did with Gough Whitlam.

"I would happily vote for him to take over my country if he was a pollie". Not really advocating martial law.

And Oz does have its own admirable Generals - Sir Peter Cosgrove can't have much less than 90% support for his role as G-G.