A Photographer or Studio in Pattaya?

konying

Hello everyone.

DO not know if this is correct forum, if not please move to where ever it fits

I am trying to find or does anyone know a photographer or stuido in Pattaya that charges reasonable rates and are not bad at their job?

When i say reasonable price, some 4 years ago i paid 2000 baht for 20 pics(job was done by Thai)

Today , had a foreigner quote me 8000 baht for the same 20 pics.

Do not know about going rates for photography, but 8000 baht for 2 hours work sounds a bit too much.

I do not really want to use Thai photographer again, because he was a pain to work with and pics while good, not the best.

So anyone with knowledge or experience, please advise or direct in the right direction

Thank you

This guy is amazing and one of the nicest people you will meet. Professional photographer. Many of his pics show up in various media pages. Speaks English. And German I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/chainamonk

Attached is a pic he took of us during Songkran and was on the front page of one of the local magazines.

post-5869-0-05628300-1406340471_thumb.jp

What kind of pictures you need ? And do you need a real studio ?

Real estate, photo's of rooms.

Why would you need a professional to do this? Websites and re magazines do not require high resolution photos and the most basic of dslr cameras with a wide angle lens can easily produce what you need. Also, you are in control of the situation and can direct, "get that junk off the kitchen counter", etc.

I do not really want to use Thai photographer again, because he was a pain to work with

Because ONE Thai photographer that you used four years ago was (according to you) a pain to work with (a feeling he may have shared regarding you), that means you've written off everyone who does photography and is Thai?

Wow. And you're a foreigner in Thailand dealing in (i.e. making money) selling Thai real estate. I don't know which is worse, your bigotry or the fact you apparently can't fathom the whole concept of prejudice where you generalize one supposed bad experience in order to dismiss everyone of Thai nationality holding a camera.

• Like 1

Why would you need a professional to do this? Websites and re magazines do not require high resolution photos and the most basic of dslr cameras with a wide angle lens can easily produce what you need. Also, you are in control of the situation and can direct, "get that junk off the kitchen counter", etc.

Why would you need a professional to do this?

Because this is what i wantwai.gif

I do not really want to use Thai photographer again, because he was a pain to work with

Because ONE Thai photographer that you used four years ago was (according to you) a pain to work with (a feeling he may have shared regarding you), that means you've written off everyone who does photography and is Thai?

Wow. And you're a foreigner in Thailand dealing in (i.e. making money) selling Thai real estate. I don't know which is worse, your bigotry or the fact you apparently can't fathom the whole concept of prejudice where you generalize one supposed bad experience in order to dismiss everyone of Thai nationality holding a camera.

I did not ask for an opinion for my choices,

I asked if anyone knew one.

Do you?

I am also looking for a photographer in pattaya and i need a small no frills studio or shoot spot: i need a business desk, nice looking business jacket medium size (farang size) and a few professional looking pics.

Are there any casting studios here that wont cost me an arm and a leg, it is a small job.

Of course anything similar will do, it does not have to be a casting studio.

Edited by infinity11

Why would you need a professional to do this?

Because this is what i wantwai.gif

Then my suggestion is to talk to a realtor or contact a publication like Pattaya Trader, I bet they could help you.

Then my suggestion is to talk to a realtor or contact a publication like Pattaya Trader, I bet they could help you.

Talk to a realtor to get charged a surcharge? Or what does Pattaya trader has to do with photographers?

Edited by konying

Talk to a realtor to get charged a surcharge? Or what does Pattaya trader has to do with photographers?
You could ask a realtor for a reference on who does their re photos. If I were a realtor I would wouldn't have a problem sharing that info. PT also has re adds from private parties and may have been asked this question before and also may have a referral. What we do know is you are not looking for a wedding or studio photographer, etc. but somebody who has experience in this field and hence you have received not many replies to your question.