Anyone know a shop that sells / makes retro style Airline carry on shoulder bags like Pan Am etc

BKKdreaming

Hi

I am looking for a shop that sells or better yet makes the Vintage style retro Airline bags like Pan An etc used in the 1960s-70s

I want to have some made with an old company logo ,

I looked around BoBae and did not see any but have seen a few Thais carrying then on the BTS

any ideas where else to look ?

there are too many malls to look at all of them myself smile.png

thanks for your help

post-8816-0-55222600-1406340856_thumb.jp

Edited by BKKdreaming

I think using a Pan Am or TWA bag would be in extremely bad taste. Just like using a Malaysian Airlines one.

Did you actually read the OP ? He is looking for the same style of bag as Pan Am used ages ago to put HIS logo on.

Are all airlines that have had planes crash now not to be mentioned in case it offends or upsets people ?

• Like 1

I am sorry if I offended anyone.......first I think there are 100s of airlines that used these bags

plus they were made famous again in the TV series Pan Am a couple years ago

And I do not even want to put an Airline logo on it, not sure how you read that into it.....

Anyway the shop at MBK , should I start at the bottom floors to look or the upper floors?

Cheers

I am sorry if I offended anyone.......first I think there are 100s of airlines that used these bags

plus they were made famous again in the TV series Pan Am a couple years ago

And I do not even want to put an Airline logo on it, not sure how you read that into it.....

Anyway the shop at MBK , should I start at the bottom floors to look or the upper floors?

Cheers

i think its on the 2nd or third floor

Try Platinum Fashion Mall Pratunam

There is a bag store on the 3rd or 4th floor with retro airline bags on display.

West corner of the building A.

As most shops in Platinum, I am sure they will do made to order if the quantity is right.

I suggest going to Baiyoke Tower 2 (the really tall one that can be seen from all over Bangkok). There are a number of fashion wholesalers there on the first 4 floors. I was there yesterday and saw quite a few retro clothes and accessories shops on the 3rd and 4th floors.

I suggest going to Baiyoke Tower 2 (the really tall one that can be seen from all over Bangkok). There are a number of fashion wholesalers there on the first 4 floors. I was there yesterday and saw quite a few retro clothes and accessories shops on the 3rd and 4th floors.

Thanks for your reply , I have been there a few months ago and walked all the floors , but half were closed or not in business, I also did the same thing at the Bo bae "tower"

there was a lot of neat T shirt ideas etc but I did not see these bags....

I know I can have them made but they want 100 - 200 pieces , so if I can find who made the ones are for sale already maybe I can buy some "blanks" and screen the name myself

Cheers

Hi...went to MBK and found the shop, but they were not interested in helping me order "blanks"

maybe I got the wrong sales girl !

anyway its on the 3rd floor , car park side and most of the way down before you get into the "maze" of all the small rows of shops.....

so I am still looking for the shop that makes them .......

but thanks for the lead they had many more designs I had never seen before....

I am sure there are more shops that sell them and one main shop that makes them

cheers