Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Your name must be entered into a Tabien Baan as part of the process. The address in that document determines which Police station issues your Alien Certificate.

There must have been a Tabien Baan issued for your condo. For one thing an electricity meter can't be connected without it. If it is lost, I presume the district office will issue a new one but I don't know the process for doing that. I would think you need the original sale & purchase agreement issued by the Land Department when you bought the Condo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

Your name must be entered into a Tabien Baan as part of the process. The address in that document determines which Police station issues your Alien Certificate.

There must have been a Tabien Baan issued for your condo. For one thing an electricity meter can't be connected without it. If it is lost, I presume the district office will issue a new one but I don't know the process for doing that. I would think you need the original sale & purchase agreement issued by the Land Department when you bought the Condo.

I got a hold of the previous owner. He never had the Blue Book either, but he said its pretty easy to acquire a new one at Khed office. You just need copy of passport etc, and the Chanote. The bank keeps the original Chanote, so I guess I have to call them tomorrow about it.. 

5 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

I got a hold of the previous owner. He never had the Blue Book either, but he said its pretty easy to acquire a new one at Khed office. You just need copy of passport etc, and the Chanote. The bank keeps the original Chanote, so I guess I have to call them tomorrow about it.. 

Yes you would think it is logical your local office would want to see the Chanote and perhaps they do. However recently I helped one of my foreign staff obtain a Yellow Tabien Baan using the (empty) Blue Tabien Baan that I have for a condo that I own but don't live in. Since there is no Jao Baan (head of household) in that blue TB so I had to prove I was the owner in order to give permission for the Yellow TB to be issued and my staff's name entered.

They weren't interested in seeing the Chanote. They wanted the sale & purchase agreement that you get from the Land Department at the same time as your name goes on the Chanote.

In any case there must many people that have mortgages and therefore don't have possession their original Chanote. Perhaps the bank would issue a certified copy but I doubt they would lend them the original.

One more thing to be careful of. Make sure that the Thai spelling of your name on the Chanote matches the one Immigration is using for your PR issuance. And for that matter, matches your Work Permit. I made that mistake and it was a hassle to get it all corrected.

16 hours ago, thedemon said:

Yes you would think it is logical your local office would want to see the Chanote and perhaps they do. However recently I helped one of my foreign staff obtain a Yellow Tabien Baan using the (empty) Blue Tabien Baan that I have for a condo that I own but don't live in. Since there is no Jao Baan (head of household) in that blue TB so I had to prove I was the owner in order to give permission for the Yellow TB to be issued and my staff's name entered.

They weren't interested in seeing the Chanote. They wanted the sale & purchase agreement that you get from the Land Department at the same time as your name goes on the Chanote.

In any case there must many people that have mortgages and therefore don't have possession their original Chanote. Perhaps the bank would issue a certified copy but I doubt they would lend them the original.

One more thing to be careful of. Make sure that the Thai spelling of your name on the Chanote matches the one Immigration is using for your PR issuance. And for that matter, matches your Work Permit. I made that mistake and it was a hassle to get it all corrected.

Thanks for good advice. I think I have all the original documents from land department. Since I've used the same work permit all these years, hopefully they have spelled my name correct as well. 

Went to make new "Blue book" today, and that was a fairly simple process. I prepared loads of documents, but he didn't even look at it. Just looked at the "purchase agreement" issued from the Land Department, and at my passport. I contains nothing but my address. I asked why my name wasn't put in it. He said my name was on the purchase contract.

Immigration already received my PR Book. Ready to pickup, sir! :D All in all, done in one year.. 

Edited by mortenaa
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Went to make new "Blue book" today, and that was a fairly simple process. I prepared loads of documents, but he didn't even look at it. Just looked at the "purchase agreement" issued from the Land Department, and at my passport. I contains nothing but my address. I asked why my name wasn't put in it. He said my name was on the purchase contract.

Immigration already received my PR Book. Ready to pickup, sir! :D All in all, done in one year.. 

Well done! I (and many others) applied in 2006 and it took 6 years!

Probably you know already but your name will go into the Tabien Baan after your district office receives a letter from Immigration and your Certificate of Residence & Alien book have been issued. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Well done! I (and many others) applied in 2006 and it took 6 years!

Probably you know already but your name will go into the Tabien Baan after your district office receives a letter from Immigration and your Certificate of Residence & Alien book have been issued. 

Some people has claimed that their name is written in the Blue Tabien Baan as owner of a condo unit. 

I thought I will have to acquire a Yellow Tabien Baan as well, or isn't that necessary?  

Edited by mortenaa

7 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Some people has claimed that their name is written in the Blue Tabien Baan as owner of the condo. 

I thought I will have to acquire a Yellow Tabien Baan as well, or isn't that necessary?  

As a PR holder you can be shown in the house book for your condo now. Go back with your documents for proof of PR and they will add your name to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mortenaa said:

But I still need to apply for Yellow Tabien Baan?

No need for yellow house book since you have PR. Getting your name in a blue house book is one of the steps to finalize your permanent residency status.

• Like 1

Probably posted earlier - but for what it's worth, I saw at the auto gate for immigration ( entry ) it said "Thai or Foreign Passports ". Since PR books need stamping , most likely this route is. It available to PR's, but maybe marriage / work and other visa 's ?

Used it for first time the other day - super fast

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I got my PR book on Friday. I went to request the Alien whatever book at the police station. I will send my assistant to pick it up later. Anyway, I live in BKK, and went to Hua Hin this weekend. Today I went to Yamaha to buy a motorcycle, and a lot of confusion when I told them I am not on a Visa, but PR. They told me to request address confirmation bla bla.. But I don't need that, right? All the information is inside the PR book already. Any experience with this? I shouldn't actually need to bring my passport either?

Edited by mortenaa

3 hours ago, mortenaa said:

I got my PR book on Friday. I went to request the Alien whatever book at the police station. I will send my assistant to pick it up later. Anyway, I live in BKK, and went to Hua Hin this weekend. Today I went to Yamaha to buy a motorcycle, and a lot of confusion when I told them I am not on a Visa, but PR. They told me to request address confirmation bla bla.. But I don't need that, right? All the information is inside the PR book already. Any experience with this? I shouldn't actually need to bring my passport either?

I bought a car, KK bank only requested copies of passport, workpermit and few other documets like annual tax return. If they are asking address then show them PR Book-Page no. 3 (1st clause) address is written in Thai Language.

18 hours ago, mortenaa said:

If you have your blue Tabien Baan, it shouldn't be a problem. I bought a new car and I provided a copy of all relevant pages of Certificate of Residence, Alien Registration, Tabien baan and passport and it was all good.

On 23/01/2017 at 5:06 PM, mortenaa said:

Congratulations mortenaa!

I'll have to give them another call and see if mine's ready now :)

• Like 1

Congrats - The only ones who really understand PR are the govt ie immigration, Driver license etc

I got so sick of them always asking for my Visa ( PR do not need visas to stay in the country ) I would just let them photocopy my re-entry Visa to shut them up

I gave up trying to explain and chose the path of least resistance

Was fun watching them

• Like 1

16 hours ago, skippybangkok said:

Congrats - The only ones who really understand PR are the govt ie immigration, Driver license etc

I got so sick of them always asking for my Visa ( PR do not need visas to stay in the country ) I would just let them photocopy my re-entry Visa to shut them up

I gave up trying to explain and chose the path of least resistance

Was fun watching them

lol. yea it was a quite funny trip to the Yamaha shop. First my friend came in, which is also a longstayer with a Elite Visa, yellowbook and a pink ID-card. They were pretty stressed already. The me, with a PR book and no Visa.

• Like 1

PR re-entry permits I have always done at CW office. My wife wants to go to an immigration office on the Cambodian border in Sisaket. I do not think they can do re-entry or do anything for PR.
Correct ? Has anybody gotten a PR re-entry any other place than at CW ?
Also the local police who have renewed my Redbook before told my wife after checking with BKK that they can not renew my red I'd until it's expired.
My plan is to go to CW get a new Re-entry in my passport while the red ID has not expired yet (CW confirmed they will do even if only a month left on Red IDbook). Then when I visit upcountry next time update Redbook and pay a fine.
Sent from my Moto G Play using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Hello Seniors,

I need your help to understand the process for the PR for my son.

He had applied in 2016 and has since been approved however his visa has already expired since September since he turned 20 years last year.

Does he need to get a Non O visa to enter thailand or come on a tourist visa to collect the same, Could you please urgently guide me on this it will be most appreciated as the embassy says tourist visa is good enough but the immigration needs a non 0 stamped.

Thanks

Zam

8 hours ago, Zam said:

Hello Seniors,

I need your help to understand the process for the PR for my son.

He had applied in 2016 and has since been approved however his visa has already expired since September since he turned 20 years last year.

Does he need to get a Non O visa to enter thailand or come on a tourist visa to collect the same, Could you please urgently guide me on this it will be most appreciated as the embassy says tourist visa is good enough but the immigration needs a non 0 stamped.

Thanks

Zam

You have replies in the topic you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skippybangkok said:

When I used to do it, could walk in and out in 10 mins, my my staff stayed back about 2 hours to get docs

For endorsement/re-entry yes. But are you sure it's that quick to have a new Residence Permit issued?

I will need to do the same in a few months. However I seem to recall reading that it takes a few days.

Yes, last time I went in they told me "several days" but pointed out I still had space enough for one endorsement and about 4 stamps in the old book, so I didn't bother renewing it.

Anyone know if they keep your passport during that time?

For the record, then, if you renew your PR book and also need a new endorsement plus multiple re-entry, you need to take your tabien baan and 6 photos in addition to passport, PR and Alien's book. They photocopy the tabien baan and give it back, but keep the other books. You go back to get the new PR book and stamps after 4 working days, either early morning or early afternoon, because it takes a while. They don't return the old PR book. The new book now costs 1,900 baht, so total cost is 7,600 baht.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The requirements state that you need to have non-imm visas for 3 consecutive years.

I currently have a Thailand Elite visa for 2 years and a half - it will make 3 years by the end of the year. Can I apply for PR status with this kind of visa? I do not have any job in Thailand, I just work online and cash the profits to my Thai bank account.

11 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

The requirements state that you need to have non-imm visas for 3 consecutive years.

I currently have a Thailand Elite visa for 2 years and a half - it will make 3 years by the end of the year. Can I apply for PR status with this kind of visa? I do not have any job in Thailand, I just work online and cash the profits to my Thai bank account.

You have to be on extensions of stay for 3 consecutive years not visas.

You have to be working with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply for PR.

• Like 1