Japanese Fashion Street At Mbk

expat98

I saw a photo in the Bangkok post of a couple of Thai girls dressed up in Japanese-style costumes. The caption said it was taken at "Japanese Fashion Street" at MBK in Bangkok. Is this Japanese Fashion Street something that's going on all the time at MBK, or is it just on the weekends, or what? And where is it exactly?

thanks

Hi expat98

Take a look at my pics "a small gallery of portaraits 2006" on my website Here I think this may be what you mean.

These pics taken first week in June directly outside front entrance to MBK, they have a stage that you can see from the overhead walkway. All the kids dress as Japanese manga characters, lots of photo opportunities as they love to pose. I only saw it this one weekend so cannot help whether its a regular event. If you need more info contact me though my guestbook on website.

iamguava,

Thanks for the info. Yes, that's what I was talking about, but the photo in the Bangkok Post pictured some kids in more elaborate costumes. I will go check it out on a weekend and see if they are there.

You've got some nice photos on your website. I especially like the ones of the King's 60th anniversary celebration.