Thai South: Body blow for Betong

webfact

100 million "dent" in the economy?

That translates to a loss of 5000 tourists each spending 20,000.

What time frame is he talking about? I think the calibre of the tourists going to the district for a weekend of nooky are not the 20,000-in-a-weekend type of customers, and not in those numbers either.

You have no idea on the economy and price that is in betong..I have been there every weekends for a 2 years time frame and trust me the tourists there spent 20,000 per night and some even more( for myself I spend around 20,000 - 40,000 baht every weekend).. Me and my friends can spent 600,000- 1,000,000 baht for a 4 days trip..

So please get your fact right before you judge something..

What on earth do you spend so much money on?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I refuse to go any further south then Hat Yai, and I won't even go there. Had a job opportunity there and turned it down. It's unfortunate that certain religious extremists have no respect for human life and are willing to kill anyone that doesn't convert to their dogma. Very sad. Very misguided.

Extreme, blinkered and intolerant views are found everywhere you look these days.

Doesn't mean they are the mainstream view.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

"If Thais want to help return happiness to Betong people, they should keep travelling to visit the district,"

Thank you but no thank you, if you have a death wish you are free to go and visit Betong or other places in the deep south.bah.gif

• Like 1

It's a sad fact that every religion only ever divides people it NEVER unites them unless you adhere to it. Of course, technically, Buddhism is NOT a religion it's a philosophy but Islam certainly IS a religion and IS divisive. For any good it may offer, it's still not worth it!

It's not religions that distort human beings, it's the other way round.

What mad Muslim extremists have made of Muhammad's teaching is no different from what the Crusaders, the Inquisition and Georges W. Bush (among many others) made of Jesus Christ's message of love, tolerance and compassion. Count on human beings for their stunning ability to turn gold into lead, again and again, because they're very good at doing that.

If you wish to stop this vicious circle of hate, resentment and mutual miscomprehension, then start by realizing that being intolerant of Muslims due to their alleged lack of tolerance is absurd, unproductive and, well, dumb.

As for the refrain claiming that Buddhism is a philosophy not a religion, please try to think out of that old box too... The Lord Buddha offered a set of moral and spiritual principles to alleviate suffering without specifically referring to a deity simply because he was in a Hindu context which he did not reject in the least. This issue is therefore totally uninteresting and irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether we call Buddhism a religion or a philosophy, what matters is that millions of people choose to place it at the core of their life's ethics, and in that respect it is totally comparable to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism or Shintoism.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

What time frame is he talking about? I think the calibre of the tourists going to the district for a weekend of nooky are not the 20,000-in-a-weekend type of customers, and not in those numbers either.

You have no idea on the economy and price that is in betong..I have been there every weekends for a 2 years time frame and trust me the tourists there spent 20,000 per night and some even more( for myself I spend around 20,000 - 40,000 baht every weekend).. Me and my friends can spent 600,000- 1,000,000 baht for a 4 days trip..

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, you must be a great and important person since you are such spenders. You must surely too have many important and influential friends in high places too. You and your friends can continue to spend your money but do not forget to tell us how good you are so the rest of us have someone to look up to and admire.

I see that you have an I-mobile IQ 5.3, which costs about 5500 baht?
Why do you buy such a mobile with your big money?
You say you spend 20 'to 40,000 every weekend in Bentong it gets about 1.5 million a year and you buy an I-mobile IQ 5.3cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif
  • Like 2

What is the rough count of Thai sex workers in Betong? Most of their tourist revenue is from sex trade for sure. Are they counting the sex trade money?

Betong may or may not have sex trade during Pretty Yingluck time as PM.

But under Gen Prayuth, anything illegal has been stop.

Including sex trade, as Thailand is a Buddhist countries.

What ever trade the Islamic people offer I will not comment, but Thais will not deviate from Buddhist teaching on sex trade.

BTW, the first thing you notice in Betong is a large statue of Buddha. No statue of prophet Mohammad can be seen anywhere in town AT ALL.

No one can stop the sex trade in Thailand and if you could the tourist industry would collapse. The pristine beaches are history,the temples? seen one you have seen them all, the towns? nothing to see here,they either look as if they have half been destroyed or half being rebuilt, nothing comparable with the clean and beautiful ancient towns and cities of Europe, what remains are the laughing fun girls in the bars.

With God anything is possible God shall stop the sex trade one way or another. I heard something more than HIV is planned to stop the sex trade in EU and America be careful

Praise be the Lord

Arry, don't you remember when they let you out of that place they told you to stop talkin to god and now you're doin it again! Be careful or they'll come to take you away again.

• Like 1

i went thru Betong from Penang last month;

didn't see any white tourists and cant tell the dif between Malaysian an thai moslems

but the town appeared empty of shoppers

PS; the drive between Betong up to Yala is beautiful

I think it would be beautiful as a passenger.

I drove down there quite recently and it's one hell of a drive indeed.

Tens of kilometers of hairpin turns and whenever there is a stretch that is even remotely straight they throw in a chicane/checkpoint.

Not at all fun if your passengers are prone to carsickness!

I was too busy keeping my standard-shift jalopy on the road to appreciate the views.

What is the rough count of Thai sex workers in Betong? Most of their tourist revenue is from sex trade for sure. Are they counting the sex trade money?

What ever trade the Islamic people offer I will not comment, but Thais will not deviate from Buddhist teaching on sex trade.

BTW, the first thing you notice in Betong is a large statue of Buddha. No statue of prophet Mohammad can be seen anywhere in town AT ALL.

There are no statues in Islam. I don't understand why the comments about sex workers

"What ever trade the Islamic people offer I will not comment, but Thais will not deviate from Buddhist teaching on sex trade."

I've been reading and posting on ThaiVisa for more than 10 years. This is absolutely the funniest statement I have ever read. Thanks.

Edited by venturalaw

So, you must be a great and important person since you are such spenders. You must surely too have many important and influential friends in high places too. You and your friends can continue to spend your money but do not forget to tell us how good you are so the rest of us have someone to look up to and admire.

You say you spend 20 'to 40,000 every weekend in Bentong it gets about 1.5 million a year and you buy an I-mobile IQ 5.3cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Oh, so if you have money you must buy an expensive phone ? Wow there are so many total fools on this forum. He even thinks he is funny but is obviously a sad example of a human sheep.

The owner of the phone probably has lots of money to spend because he is not a fashion victim who has to buy the most expensive phone even though a Imoble does everything an iphone does except make a big profit for Apple....... perhaps he want to buy from a Thai company supporting local industry instead of making some capitalist American company profit

You will not/should not see a statue of Mohammed anywhere in the World as any religious 'craven' image/idol is forbidden in Islam.

Have you ever seen a statue of Mohammed anywhere in the world?

Mr Chotthee you didn't just make that statement did you. Wow!!!! I understand and personally I don't much like religion in general, (There has been to much blood and guts over the centuries in the name of religion and it hasn't slowed down even in the modern world) but to lay the blame on someones faith as a reason for being a sex worker is ridicules. Sex workers are sex workers, mostly because they are from poor and humble back grounds and need somehow to support kids and family. (They have limited choices) It has nothing to do with what religion they are. Very few Muslim girls working in Pattaya.

OK..1 bottle of Heineken is 300-350 baht.. 1 bottle of Chivas is around 3000 baht.. 1 show girl flower is 500 baht( per piece)..1 night of happy ending with a girl is around 3000- 5000 baht..so the rest I let you do the calculations..So now you can know why 1 night you can spend 20,000 baht with the blind of an eye..

Oh, so if you have money you must buy an expensive phone ? Wow there are so many total fools on this forum. He even thinks he is funny but is obviously a sad example of a human sheep.

The owner of the phone probably has lots of money to spend because he is not a fashion victim who has to buy the most expensive phone even though a Imoble does everything an iphone does except make a big profit for Apple....... perhaps he want to buy from a Thai company supporting local industry instead of making some capitalist American company profit

Just to let you know this is my money and if I have the money to be human sheep that is my problem and if you don't have the money to be like me then please don't be jealous..and yes other then that I still using the Nokia X1 as my second phone..so must a rich person use an Iphone or any expensive phone in the market? Then you want to let me know that all the university student is rich because of they are using all the Iphone and Samsung..

It's a sad fact that every religion only ever divides people it NEVER unites them unless you adhere to it. Of course, technically, Buddhism is NOT a religion it's a philosophy but Islam certainly IS a religion and IS divisive. For any good it may offer, it's still not worth it!

A belief in people is far less devisive than any religion. I value life and happiness and so logically that is what I wish for everyone else - this is far from what most of the worlds religions practice. We need to believe in ourselves and once you can do this there is no need to invent a god to understand what is right and what is wrong.

You either go with a lot of friends to run up that kind of bill, or you are being totally ripped off. It would be hard (but good fun) to spend that much in Bangkok.

Careful you don't scratch your !ambo on your next trip.

• Like 1

You will not/should not see a statue of Mohammed anywhere in the World as any religious 'craven' image/idol is forbidden in Islam.

"Craven" means cowardly. You probably intended to use "graven," meaning carved, sculpted.

Edited by zazezo

"Craven" means cowardly. You probably intended to use "graven," meaning carved, sculpted.

Yes of course. thanks zazezo, for the correction.

Actually, the city gate makes quite clear what the diverse cultural make-up of the town is ...

c5copy.jpg

No one can stop the sex trade in Thailand and if you could the tourist industry would collapse. The pristine beaches are history,the temples? seen one you have seen them all, the towns? nothing to see here,they either look as if they have half been destroyed or half being rebuilt, nothing comparable with the clean and beautiful ancient towns and cities of Europe, what remains are the laughing fun girls in the bars.

may i say that is one of the most refreshingly honest posts i have ever seen on TV

cheers wap

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You must be a rich guy who spend all that money in just one weekend, Is that why you have a 6000 bath I-mobile ?

You must be a rich guy who spend all that money in just one weekend, Is that why you have a 6000 bath I-mobile ?
Why with people in TVF really crazy about phone? Is it that rich people or any people with money can't use cheap phone? ( even my uncle is the Onwer of a manufacturing factor with 500++ staff, driving a BMW X6, have a nice house that is around 30,000,000 baht is using the same phone as me). For me I rather buy a branded watch or any thing else then to buy a

20,000+ baht phone when a 6000+ baht phone can do what a 20,000 phone can do..So please know that rich people doesn't need to buy expensive phone and poor people doesn't need to buy cheap.. Don't judge a person by what they put in front of your eyes..Even Warren Buffett is driving a 15+ years old car and have a normal house..

Edited by DK2223

OK..1 bottle of Heineken is 300-350 baht.. 1 bottle of Chivas is around 3000 baht.. 1 show girl flower is 500 baht( per piece)..1 night of happy ending with a girl is around 3000- 5000 baht..so the rest I let you do the calculations..So now you can know why 1 night you can spend 20,000 baht with the blind of an eye..

That stil doesn't add up to anywhere near 1 million baht!! Unless you are going out in a group of 50+ and drinking a whole bottle of whiskey EACH along with those beers. Still manage to get with a girl after all that booze? I think you and your friends need to sort out your drinking problem.

Wakakaka

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Looking at the photo of that massage parlour, it appears to be staffed by the same old grannies as in the Chiang Mai massage parlours, so certainly not worth the risk of having ones head blown off to visit those regions in the south.

That stil doesn't add up to anywhere near 1 million baht!! Unless you are going out in a group of 50+ and drinking a whole bottle of whiskey EACH along with those beers. Still manage to get with a girl after all that booze? I think you and your friends need to sort out your drinking problem.

Ya, around 8-10 guy and a lot of girl. We able to drink around 600-800 bottle of beer and 8-10 bottle of chivas a night. Then there is around 20-50+ girl in a club/pub/disco and most of the girl get at least 2 flowers for dancing on the stage. Then 1 night we change around 5 places and don't forget in Betong they used Malaysia Ringgit more then Thai Baht. Then in betong some places open until 7 in the morning so the bill can end up very that high if you really spend and enjoy. But I myself do agree that 600,000 - 1,000,000 baht is a little over (after spending) but if I say 20,000 bath ( is 2100 ringgit) in Betong for 1 night is just nothing.