Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

When I was in Pattaya a while back, I saw a lot of couple that the men were between 20-40 years older than the women. I said to myself, is there something wrong with this picture? How could a man, who is in his retirement age, possibly have anything in common with a young girl, who has just turned 21? But then again, people cannot help who they love.

Set that aside, it seemed the Thai society has accepted a large age gap in a relationship between younger Thai woman and older foreign man. I was wondered in your country, does the society accept the relationship as it does in Thailand? Do you and your Thai wife/girlfriend feel comfortable with the relationship in your country as you feel in Thailand? Or how comfortable are you with your relationship in Thailand?
  • Like 1

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somsrisonphimai ... I like the stuff you write, but I always have this nagging doubt.

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

It's just that you always talk about Thailand in the 3rd person.

"it seemed the Thai society has accepted" ... wouldn't you naturally write along the lines of the first person in the style of 'our society'.

That said ... MissFarmGirl seems to be fine with me.

Our age differerence is known to our friends.

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ...  laugh.png

I have never heard a thai use the phrase "a while back"

• Like 1

Somsrisonphimai ... I like the stuff you write, but I always have this nagging doubt.

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

"it seemed the Thai society has accepted" ... wouldn't you naturally write along the lines of the first person in the style of 'our society'.

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ...  laugh.png

A common Brit expression

• Like 1

To the Op.. What is the acceptable age difference between a married Thai man and his Mia noi?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do Thai woman have the male version of a 'Mia Noi'?

What would his name be?

To the Op.. What is the acceptable age difference between a married Thai man and his Mia noi?

What would his name be?

Kept Man - tried it once, not recommended  - especially at my age. 

• Like 1

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ... laugh.png

Should I post a video of myself speak Thai, so it would be the end of your suspicious about my nationality? And what are you proposed me using the pronoun?

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ... laugh.png

You heard it here :)
  • Like 1

What would his name be?

Kept Man - tried it once, not recommended - especially at my age.

It calls Pua Noi or Samee Noi.

honey, you can call me whatever you want...

• Like 2

My first wife in UK was 10 years younger my second 16 it lasted 14 years my Thai wife is 24 years younger it's 21 years now ,I can't help being such a handsome devil ,come to think of it she is now the oldest woman I have ever made love to, and I am the oldest man she has

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 2

What would his name be?

Kept Man - tried it once, not recommended - especially at my age.

It calls Pua Noi or Samee Noi.

honey, you can call me whatever you want...

Late for Breakfast?

• Like 2

I have to admit, that I feel very uncomfortable being married to a my wife that she is 26 years younger than me.

It is a mistake I did in the past, but I have to live with it.

I should have chosen a young girl with a difference of at least 40 years between us.

Anyway, I have to live and regret my mistake.sad.png

I've seen Costas ... very hansum man indeed.

40 years would have been easy for him.

I wasn't as lucky ... I have a face only a Mother could love ...  crying.gif

• Like 2

I have to admit, that I feel very uncomfortable being married to a my wife that she is 26 years younger than me.

I should have chosen a young girl with a difference of at least 40 years between us.

Hey David, I recently banned my wife for looking in my PM.

She hasn't closed her mouth, how hansum you are, how beautiful Miss Farm Girl is and how adorable the twins are.

Fed up listening to her.

She should concentrate more on me, me, me...................

• Like 1

OP, you mention in your opening piece that "Thai society has accepted a large age gap in a relationship between younger Thai woman and older foreign man."

What exactly do you mean by "accepted?"  Accepted as a normal sort of thing?  I don't think that's true.  I think Thai society--like pretty much most other societies in the world--may "condone" it, but not necessarily accept it as the norm.  I myself prefer to date women typically 20 years younger than myself.  But I can sense that this is not the cultural norm.   

Somsrisonphimai                                                                                                                                                                                                        can i ask what was/or is the age gap between you and your american husband? and what are your thoughts on the age gap of others,? 
  • Like 2

Some things are just more advanced here than in the West.  Bum guns, nurses learning how to walk in high heels (Health med walk heels 101.  Available at most Thai medical schools) and the advantages of marriage to a more seasoned/experienced mate.  

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

David. Are you my long lost twin biggrin.png biggrin.png

• Like 1

Personally I don't think I would want a massive age gap, Mrs T is 6 years younger than me, which Is fine. However, maybe I should have a 20 year old Mia Noi, to make me fit in laugh.png

• Like 2