Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

I would bet that very, very few of these foreign men would ever dare to have a relationship with an extreme age difference in their home country. I am absolutely certain of that. These guys refuse to acknowledge the extreme perspective difference between people from different generations. Instead, they live out their delusional male fantasy, ignoring the exploitive component of their relationship that they confuse with "love," however the hell they wish to define that word.

To not enter a relationship because of what other people might think is a weak mindset.

You're probably right, but could they even get a girl that young if they wanted to in the west?  Doubt it.  So it makes the whole comparison moot.

Lovely word, moot.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wouldnt be so bad if the old geezers in los married pretty girls........lol.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

From my personal point of view

Get an ugly woman to marry you.

Or an ugly old woman? 

Seems to be an awful lot of envy on this thread!

• Like 1

The above comment shows a lack of confidence in yourself. Not to say that character isnt the most important in having a relationship.

I do enjoy responding smile.png , thats why I am here......thumbsup.gif

So you're a self admitted troll. Good to know.
But back on point, I usually follow a simple rule for dating ages that is appropriate. (Age/2)+7. It's how I look for a woman, if They're younger than that, we probably wouldnt have much in common or much to talk about.
And personally, I find it a little silly seeing a retired old man with a 20 year old Thai girl. I just shake my head and say "She's dating his wallet". But if he's fine with that good for him. Just don't expect sympathy when the tap runs dry and She's gone like last weeks news.

Stupid comment. You call someone who writes a response a troll. You want it all your own way...?

Sheeeesh, .......coffee1.gif

I'm very comfortable seeing other people with a large age gap in their relationship - I assume it works for both parties on some level.  Love at best, employment at worst.

For me the half your age plus 7 rule looks about right - but I might review that I live to be 100.

• Like 1

Yeah well I can't even begin to see the point you're trying to make with that waffle

I don't see anything abnormal about either scenario

I guess your right, nothing wrong with 40+ year old guys chasing women half their age - I think you said that before. Silly me.

Yeah silly you. Girls in clubs DO get older than 20 you know. You'd know that if you weren't so desperately out of touch. Go ask your wife if you can go out on the weekend.

If they are nearing the best before date - I'll pass, regardless of how many beer I have had, but enjoy!

Its not so much the girls they marry, its the baggage they bring with them, worthless family members setting up base in camp in their house, lazy twats that refuse to work but expect a handout.

Must be a real bed o roses, true love.

Thats one of the reasons many of these girls work the night shift, if they went out in daylight hours they would scare the school kids.

• Like 1

The above comment shows a lack of confidence in yourself. Not to say that character isnt the most important in having a relationship.

If you had half a clue you'd know it's the lyrics to a song and it was posted in jest.

• Like 2

But back on point, I usually follow a simple rule for dating ages that is appropriate. (Age/2)+7. It's how I look for a woman, if They're younger than that, we probably wouldnt have much in common or much to talk about.
And personally, I find it a little silly seeing a retired old man with a 20 year old Thai girl. I just shake my head and say "She's dating his wallet". But if he's fine with that good for him. Just don't expect sympathy when the tap runs dry and She's gone like last weeks news.

Stupid comment. You call someone who writes a response a troll. You want it all your own way...?

Actually, just your inflammatory replies. Very troll like. And honestly, by your replies, it sounds like you Might be a little insecure about the subject, but are trying to hide it behind bravado.
  • Like 1

Actually, just your inflammatory replies. Very troll like. And honestly, by your replies, it sounds like you Might be a little insecure about the subject, but are trying to hide it behind bravado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=giN6m-sfzng

mick jagger marrying a pretty 20 year blond is the same as a 75 senoir dutchman who hangs out at spankys and marries number 33?   i dont see the similarities.................lol.

It's all a question of degree and how deep your pockets are. Anyone who pretends otherwise is truly delusional.

• Like 1

If you had half a clue you'd know it's the lyrics to a song and it was posted in jest.

Point taken, forgive me for being ignorant on this.

Haha what do I have to be jealous of? I'm young enough I dont NEED a fat wallet to get a hottie here in LOS. my looks and personality are more than enough. But to each their own.

You are are absolutely correct Quasimodo..............thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.

Also, good luck trying to find that 20 year old Thai girl without stretch marks.

When you belch up crap like that, I have to ask if you live in some kind of parallel universe. Honestly, you're the original boy in a bubble.

Let me see, in my immediate family,
niece age 23, baby is now 7.
Niece friend, 23, baby now 2
niece age 15, having sex since 12, just moved in with her 16YO bf and his family.
niece friend, also age 15, just left school to move in with a series of bfs.

How am I talking c__P?
Just wanting to know, sure not all young Thai girls are like that, but the ones that will sleep with you (older foreigner) are.
Always amazed that so many that claim to live in Thailand, seem to know nothing of what is really happening here. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Haha what do I have to be jealous of? I'm young enough I dont NEED a fat wallet to get a hottie here in LOS. my looks and personality are more than enough. But to each their own.

You are are absolutely correct Quasimodo..............thumbsup.gif

What's got his back up?

• Like 1

It's the money thing that drives em to love err i mean like older men,i want this my mamma or pappa wants that,can i have 2k to visit my sister/brother which don't exist.

Having said that my gf is 14 years younger than me but she asks for nothing and loves me,but then i do keep her feeling young by giving her lot's of boom boom err i mean leo beer.tongue.png

Nice to see that your lady is different ...  thumbsup.gif

Mine never stops asking for things ... it's a constant battle.

Brit_Doggie ... what's your secret man.

I need some.

Help

Find an educated girl who looks primarily for moral support and stability. If she brings the skill and you bring the money for the business, that works out well

If the Thai government where to re instate the law that Thai woman married to foreigners can not buy land i wonder how many of those tight body young isaan lasses would still want to marry foreigners.
  • Like 2

If the Thai government where to re instate the law that Thai woman married to foreigners can not buy land i wonder how many of those tight body young isaan lasses would still want to marry foreigners.

That used to be the law,
The girls just got the old dude to buy land for their brothers. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

Having spent most of the olast 6 years in Thailand watching the passing parade.  I find it rather weird to see 60 to 70 plus guys pushing prams down the streets of Pattaya with 20 pluws brides.  

Of course it is true love, wake up and smell the roses!!!!

• Like 1

Age is just a number.  Check out your biological age or your soul age or http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_old_fashioned_are_you_1

Age is a number, I am an old guy, but whilst writing this I have rock music on LOUD. I go out and sing rock songs, Clapton and many more. I even lift weights. All this because whats between my ears doesn't want me to be my years,........'aint I lucky...........smile.png

Clapton dates you a bit, grand-dad.
Try KangKeng or Cowboy for a bit more respect.

Learned that Thai folk only like farang stuff they know, sooooo thats what I do. Not long ago a phone company was playing "My Way" as their connection tone, sooooooo, sang My Way, went down well, they knew it. thumbsup.gif

Yet to try "Lola", the Kinks, great song but................laugh.png

Somehow I feel Lola fits in Thailand quite well. biggrin.png

We have friends here TH/AU, she is 38, he is 65 or so. TW shares my opion of how it looks, but it isn't my choice so it doesn't really matter. As long as they are happy.

Although the pending retirement seems to be causing friction.

I'm probably one of the odd ones, but TW is just over 2 years older than me. Looks 15 years younger though.

Edited by pgs

Yes but also not a good situation,because al could get lost on bad drinking and gambling habits leading to family disputes between sis and the so called "brothers ".

This reply was for post nr 176 by another american.

Edited by Kudel