anyone know the printing business: I need to reprint 25 yr old catalog with original as only artwork

Hi    ....  anyone know the Print Business and what the best result I can get.....

I would like to reprint a catalog , its mostly black and white with a simple 3 color cover.( red, blue and black) and it is not glossy

it was done 25 years ago , offset printed and there are many photos but the original photos and artwork has been  lost , 

So what is my best plan ?

Right now I am thinking a  High resolution scan of the original  which will just detail the offset dots better, is there a "magic" resolution that works best ?

and then is it  best to print the catalog with regular printing plates or is digital still going to get me the "vintage" look

it is 20 pages plus the cover which is 3 color on the outside and  B&W on the inside 
size is 11 x 8.5 inches , standard USA paper size

I would like to do 100 copies , I can do more or less if need be....

Any ideas ?  and a place in BKK that can do it ?

thanks for the help

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

There is (or at least was 3 years ago) a print/photo copy shop on the ground floor of MBK that specializes in short run printing jobs.  

I used to be in a local book club and we would get hard to find books copied there.  Many local authors use them for printing self-published books.

They have all the equipment needed to scan, layout, print and bind your catalog.

Look for a kiosk near the grocery store area specializing in large copies, signs and custom T-shirts.

Edited by dddave

The best way to reproduce your catalogue is using a camera and negatives. Simple job for someone with some old-school tools and the reproduction would be almost identical. Scanning is possible but not as authentic in this case. Please post or PM me a sample of the cover and inside for a better idea of how your catalogue will reproduce.

Other things to take into consideration

As stated, Camera is best as the resolution can 'float' or vary without Moire pattern being introduced into photos but HiRes Digital Scanned can work well if not using plates.

Do any of the pages contain a bleed (content goes to edge of page)

Type of Binding (Folded,Edge reCut and Center stapled?)

Cover weight (Card stock, semi gloss?)

Any dedicated print shop worth their salt can do the three-ink color separation easily. 

How well the content reproduces depends on the paper stock, weight, ink absorption, ink color, ink type...