Zenfone 5 vs Imobile IQX

Battery warning after 13 hours, there is no way my IQ phones gave me that kind of battery life.

Having a Zenphone-5 problem I wanted to move some music from an SD card in my laptopcard reader to my phone....My Zenphone-5 can not connect to my laptop (Win-8.1, Classic Shell) Computer won't recognize the device.

First of all, with all my past Android 4.2 phones, one would first have to enable "USB Debugging" in Settings: Developer options.

It seems that in Android 4.3, "Developer Options" is no longer listed under "Settings"

After a frustrating search, I found there was an app on the phone called "PC LINK" that must also be downloaded onto the computer being used: www.pclink.asus.com The phone app has a submenu that lists USB debugging but the options are confusing.

One is supposed to open the app on the phone and on the computer simultaneously and be able to connect. I could not make it work no matter what I tried...true hair pulling experience. ASUS has some pop-up instructions with the pc download but they are poorly written and make no sense. When I open the PC LINK program in my laptop, it is completely unresponsive. I finally gave up and uninstalled it.

Why oh why do they insist on making formally simple and understood processes more difficult.

Ideas anybody?

Step 1: Go to Settings.

Step 2: Click About.

Step 3: Open Software information.

Step 4: Tap Build number continuously until a pop-up hint informs you that youve entered the developer mode.

Step 5: Return to Settings.

Step 6: Find and open Developer options.

Step 7: Select USB debugging and click OK.

After these seven steps, the USB debugging is enabled successfully.

Regards,

Nongsung

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a Zenfone 4 for 2 months now. Its battery life sucks big time. Apart from that it is outrageous value for money. Sure, compared to a B20,000+ phone it will look poor but it is a B4,000 baht phone. For that it is outstanding.

My friend has just purchased the 5 and I have had the chance to compare. Excellent. The battery is MUCH better than the 4. I am going to wait to get hold of the LTE version but apart from that there is nothing stopping purchasing one. I had planned to use the 4 as a stop gap between my (now dead) HTC Desire and a new high-end phone. I'm not sure that I will bother with a high-end phone if the LTE version sports a good enough battery.

I have the Zenfone5 and see no reason for anything else, a great phone, and I can see it will be the beginning of the end for Samsung, and should be for Apple too, but there are too many Apple fanatics that will only buy Apple, and too many people who want the face value of Apple and are willing to pay 4 times more for it.

Edited by Issangeorge

I have the Zenfone5 and see no reason for anything else, a great phone, and I can see it will be the beginning of the end for Samsung, and should be for Apple too, but there are too many Apple fanatics that will only buy Apple, and too many people who want the face value of Apple and are willing to pay 4 times more for it.

Brave to say it will be the beginning of the end for Samsung. Nonetheless it will certainly form a fair amount of the substance for meetings over the next few months in certain offices in Korea. They need to react.

Samsung is a huge company, so it will survive, but I can see them getting out of the mobile phone business. How can they compete with the Zenfone 5 and maintain their profit margins, they may decide it's not worth the resources and trouble for a low margin business.' Apple will suffer as well, but will survive. I see that Nokia is releasing a low cost phone, so they will compete, but Microsoft might be willing to take a loss to advance their operating system. As a matter of fact if I was running Microsoft I would make my phone and tablet OS free to anyone who wants it in order to advance the system on other platforms and get people use to using Windows.

I find it harder and harder to update my aps on my iq4, the internal storage is almost full (1gb). I should add there is another phone storage called phone storage which is 1.45gb which is almost empty.

I try to load my aps on external storage and I clean the cache too but no.

All games are now gone and some aps I hardly ever uses but I am still low on internal storage which is very annoying and I am fed up with it.

Do the zen5 also only have 1gb of internal storage? I need min 2gb.

Other than that the iq4 have been very good, good battery life and responsive and so on.

Edited by guzzi850m2

I find it harder and harder to update my aps on my iq4, the internal storage is almost full (1gb). I should add there is another phone storage called phone storage which is 1.45gb which is almost empty.

I try to load my aps on external storage and I clean the cache too but no.

All games are now gone and some aps I hardly ever uses but I am still low on internal storage which is very annoying and I am fed up with it.

Do the zen5 also only have 1gb of internal storage? I need min 2gb.

Other than that the iq4 have been very good, good battery life and responsive and so on.

Try downloading "CLEAN MASTER" on your device from Play Store. It is very effective in cleaning out junk files and freeing up memory.

Try downloading "CLEAN MASTER" on your device from Play Store. It is very effective in cleaning out junk files and freeing up memory.

Thanks I did just that but I still only have 198mb left on the internal storage which is not much.

Edited by guzzi850m2

I had the same problem with my IQ6, my Zenfone 5 has 16GB of storage, I doubt if I will ever come close to filling that. Plus I have a 16 GB MD card and it will take a 32 GB card.

Yes but that storage is normally split into 2, internal & phone storage and then you can add a card if you want more.

As I understand it some aps have to run from the internal storage, I have moved as many as I can but it is still clogged now. Could you please check what the internal storage is on the zen5, thanks.

I had the same problem with my IQ6, my Zenfone 5 has 16GB of storage, I doubt if I will ever come close to filling that. Plus I have a 16 GB MD card and it will take a 32 GB card.

Yes but that storage is normally split into 2, internal & phone storage and then you can add a card if you want more.

As I understand it some aps have to run from the internal storage, I have moved as many as I can but it is still clogged now. Could you please check what the internal storage is on the zen5, thanks.

Do you have a lot of photos and videos on your device? Moving photos to the SD memory can be challenging but well worth the effort. Also, clean out un needed strings of messages from LINE or any other messaging apps you may have. Same true with phone logs and SMS files. Some apps take a lot more memory than they are worth like some of the time/weather widgets.

In another thread, somebody suggested uninstalling CLEANMASTER after using it so it would not continue to run in the background. Just install again when you need it. There are some pretty good tutorial videos on YouTube for freeing up memory on Android devices.

Having 16GB internal on my Zenphone 5 really seems a luxury now.

Do you have a lot of photos and videos on your device? Moving photos to the SD memory can be challenging but well worth the effort. Also, clean out un needed strings of messages from LINE or any other messaging apps you may have. Same true with phone logs and SMS files. Some apps take a lot more memory than they are worth like some of the time/weather widgets.

In another thread, somebody suggested uninstalling CLEANMASTER after using it so it would not continue to run in the background. Just install again when you need it. There are some pretty good tutorial videos on YouTube for freeing up memory on Android devices.

Having 16GB internal on my Zenphone 5 really seems a luxury now.

Yes I always moves my photos/books and so on to the sd card.

I was out trying getting my hands on a zen5 yesterday but no luck, one shop had them but no demonstrator unit so I passed. Another shop (Pattaya) will get a new batch next week and perhaps a demo model. Powerbuy have the non working demo models which is just a plastic copy of the real deal and I compared it to my iq4. The zen is a bit longer but slimmer and it fits nicely into my belt porch I use for the iq4.

When I was the I played with a huge nokia windows phone (9500 baht) and I liked it, the windows op system feels quite good and gps navigation is awesome. I think I will go try it again.

When I was the I played with a huge nokia windows phone (9500 baht) and I liked it, the windows op system feels quite good and gps navigation is awesome. I think I will go try it again.

While the Nokia Windows phones are technically not bad, the problem are the missing, fake, or only half complete (e.g Line messenger) apps compared to Android or iOs.

Edited by Turkleton

While the Nokia Windows phones are technically not bad, the problem are the missing, fake, or only half complete (e.g Line messenger) apps compared to Android or iOs.

Yes you are right, all the nokias below 10K baht have very low res screens too.

The new 930 is awesome but the whole idea buying a zen5 was keeping the price well below 10K baht as I don't need what the super fancy/fast phones can do.

I will check (hopefully) a zen5 next week.

Apparently, existing Zen-5's are now being upgraded to Kit-Kat in certain markets but I have seen no schedule for a roll out here in Thailand. Actually, that's fine by me as I have had several sessions of serious grief with Android upgrades on other devices. What actual advantages and new features does Kit-Kat have over A-4.3? I had read somewhere that it's DRM was actually stricter than earlier Android versions...not a good thing if true.

I believe that it will be at least a year or two before LTE becomes a practical and widely available option in Thailand and by that time, many more up to date and feature laden phones will be available for prices probably even lower than now. That is why I chose not to wait for the LTE version of the Zen-5.

I have and am still fairly happy with my IQX but I just got back from almost 3 months in the UK where I would really liked to have had a 4G phone so I've been looking at the Zenphone 5 LTE and 2nd Gen Moto G. The Moto G is not LTE and there seems to be no impending release. Are any of the Zenfones dual SIM? Is that market dependent?

I asked in Powerbuy yesterday in Central Festival Chiang Mai and was just told they were out of stock which seemed to imply no further information would be forthcoming.

I didn't know the original G had a dual SIM version.

To summarise, I'm looking for dual SIM, micro SD and LTE with a minimum of 2GB internal storage for apps and a removable battery so a 2nd gen version of the LTE model would suit.

The Zenfone as far as I know is single SIM which is probably a deal breaker for me. I like to keep my UK SIM in the phone for people back "home" who don't have my Thai number.

The Zenfone 5 is dual SIM, but at present there is not an LTE version, which really doesn't matter in Thailand, at the present time.

There is an LTE version but not presently released in Thailand. Coming soon!! Also for a very similar LTE specification look at the BenQ F5 on Lazada.com.

I didn't know the original G had a dual SIM version.

To summarise, I'm looking for dual SIM, micro SD and LTE with a minimum of 2GB internal storage for apps and a removable battery so a 2nd gen version of the LTE model would suit.

The Zenfone as far as I know is single SIM which is probably a deal breaker for me. I like to keep my UK SIM in the phone for people back "home" who don't have my Thai number.

Dual SIM. 5 LTE not out yet in Thailand. I will buy one the moment it is released then pass my 4 to my wife to replace her HTC Wildfire.

I bought a Zenfone 5 last week, was looking at both the 3G and LTE models, and found out the LTE model is only a single SIM phone. At least at present. Just to clarify if folks aren't aware. I opted for the 3G model.

Earlier in the tread saw talk about cases for the phone. The shop at Fortune Town I got it at has in stock a Zenfone 5 dedicated back cover 'frosted shield' case, made by Nillkon, 450 baht, that fits perfectly over the back and along the sides, with open slots where the power button and volume sliders are so they are easy to use. The shop also had another Zenfone 5 dedicated case with a front cover which requires removal of the original back cover, but I didn't want pursue that.

I bought a Zenfone 5 last week, was looking at both the 3G and LTE models, and found out the LTE model is only a single SIM phone. At least at present. Just to clarify if folks aren't aware. I opted for the 3G model.

Earlier in the tread saw talk about cases for the phone. The shop at Fortune Town I got it at has in stock a Zenfone 5 dedicated back cover 'frosted shield' case, made by Nillkon, 450 baht, that fits perfectly over the back and along the sides, with open slots where the power button and volume sliders are so they are easy to use. The shop also had another Zenfone 5 dedicated case with a front cover which requires removal of the original back cover, but I didn't want pursue that.

Yes, just bought the 3G version myself recently, really pleased with it. There's lots of LTE models now in stock at MBK, 7990bt. These ship with the quadcore snapdragon processor, though personally I've found the intel processor on the 3G model is very fast.

It's worth double checking the box as Asus has made a few changes this year and if you find one at a cheaper price it's probably the lower spec model. I found a 1GB RAM, 8GB storage version for 4990bt, but went for the 2GB/16GB variant for an exta 1000.

Agree, the Nillkin cases are a good option and fit nicely.