Phuket Gazette Print Version Still Available?

phuketandsee

Phuket branches of 7/11 are refusing to stock the English language version now. Apparently a number of "farang" were going into the shop, reading the news for free for several minutes, and then leaving without buying anything.

It's this kind of "cheap charlie" behaviour that makes us all look bad.

Phuket branches of 7/11 are refusing to stock the English language version now. Apparently a number of "farang" were going into the shop, reading the news for free for several minutes, and then leaving without buying anything.

Still in my local 7/11 just by heriones monument

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL......easy to solve problem, Lonely Planet guides for instance are wrapped in plastic.

Phuket Gazette or The Phuket News? The Russian paper, Novisti Phuketa, is sister to The Phuket News, not the Gazette.

Phuket Gazette. I assumed the Russian paper I saw was the Gazette as it's cover this week was not the same as the News (dolphins). Do the two versions have different front pages? Maybe this week they did as the Russians may not be so keen on reading about the resistance to the dolpinarium.

Phuket Gazette or The Phuket News? The Russian paper, Novisti Phuketa, is sister to The Phuket News, not the Gazette.

Phuket Gazette. I assumed the Russian paper I saw was the Gazette as it's cover this week was not the same as the News (dolphins). Do the two versions have different front pages? Maybe this week they did as the Russians may not be so keen on reading about the resistance to the dolpinarium.

Thanks for the info.

Yes. Sometimes they have different covers. Please don't try to read too much into the reasons for the choices of p1 story. The sole criterion for the choice of front page story is what will most appeal to the readers of the newspaper. Only that.

"The sole criterion for the choice of front page story is what will most appeal to the readers of the newspaper. Only that"

Confirms my point - i.e. resistance to the dolphinarium is not likely to appeal to Russian readers.

We get the English version of the Phuket Gazette promptly delivered to the hotel lobby every Saturday morning. I suggest you contact them for a subscription. Problem solved.

We get the English version of the Phuket Gazette promptly delivered to the hotel lobby every Saturday morning. I suggest you contact them for a subscription. Problem solved.

Good idea! Thanks

Edited by phuketandsee