Rice in Bangkok

Moobahn

For the last couple of months we have frequent problems when cooking rice. Sometimes it's like sticky rice or even with half the water we normally use it still becomes soggy rice. Even my wife doesn't understand what's going on. We tried several brands. I guess the rice is mixed with old pledging rice or something like that. Does anybody know a brand of rice that is safe? Maybe a brand that does its own milling or something.

The best rice we have found is Kao Dok Mali (advertised as best rice in Thailand) and at 5kg marked price of 270 baht the most expensive. But wife finds it better than any other and especially not being sticky. We buy at local Max Value. We used to use the best rice sold by Foodland for many years but she/everyone like this better.

• 1 month later...

YES i had that same problem!!! it was so frustrating as we never had problems back in our home country.. (i'm a chef back home and have been cooking rice for years with no problems!)

but after months and months of disappointing and confusing time choosing rice..

we finally found the winner!!!! the name is in thai so sorry i can't type it here but look out for this!

Enriched Jasmin Rice (2kg air tight yellow bag)

the picture shows the rice being a little yellow in colour.. and you're not meant to wash the rice.. it's already been prewashed and soaked with vitamins..

i promise u will not regret this brand :)

enjoy!!