Snake ID

JesseFrank

Just noticed from the kitchen that a unwelcome visitor tried to sn(e)ake in between gate and perimeter wall.

Could scare it away, but not sure if it will return or not.

It was about 1 meter long, very bright green with a light green belly and on top it had black ( or dark green) lines in a honey comb pattern.

Any advise about what kind of snake and if I should be on the watch out ?

If he finds a meal he will be back.

No animals on the property, and he didn't get in yet, he was just trying. I went for the head with a spade, but he pulled it inside the gate, and got a small piece of it's tail. Then it went away, and however I opened the gate, couldn't detect it anymore, so it seems to be fast.

Maybe he was trying to return your remotes tongue.pngtongue.png

Well it did last until Post #8.

But there will be no more remote or gerbil posts will there?

Tsk. I was just formulating a nice reply to "It's gone for now, but do they have a habit of returning to the same place ?"

Never mind.

If there are mice or rats or frogs/toads around the area of your home then that is what it is looking for. I would not be too concerned. It would be very strange for it to try and enter your home as they usually try and stay away from people.

If there are mice or rats or frogs/toads around the area of your home then that is what it is looking for. I would not be too concerned. It would be very strange for it to try and enter your home as they usually try and stay away from people.

I hope so because it's only 2 hours and it gets already very stressful watching that gate, or when walking outside and a jing jok runs over the wall.

Should have killed the bastard.

• Like 1

Eddy, I do hope that you are not referring to Messrs Toad and Roland Rat. rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/31474-mrtoad/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/216108-rolandrat/

Just to digress, as I'm sure the thread will anyway, and the ID of the OP has been done......what happens to snakes that eat poisonous toads?

Is it snake time of the year or what ?

Just went to the pumphouse, when I open the door there is another snake between floor and door.

Dark green with yellow bands over it's body. Maybe 50 cm long and thin but long tongue I could see.

Before i could get the spade it escapes into the pumphouse. This doesn't make me feel relaxed anymore

Eddy, I do hope that you are not referring to Messrs Toad and Roland Rat. rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/31474-mrtoad/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/216108-rolandrat/

clap2.gifcheesy.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

I hope so because it's only 2 hours and it gets already very stressful watching that gate, or when walking outside and a jing jok runs over the wall.

Should have killed the bastard.

well at least it takes your mind off the remotes for a little while

Maybe he was trying to return your remotes tongue.pngtongue.png

Well it did last until Post #8.

But there will be no more remote or gerbil posts will there?

No idea Crossy, but just mentioning those words tempts fatelaugh.png

Just to digress, as I'm sure the thread will anyway, and the ID of the OP has been done......what happens to snakes that eat poisonous toads?

This picture was taken around easter 2013, on one of my walks not far from my house.

Some snakes are able to eat toads because they are immune to the toxins toads secrete.

post-94947-0-61982600-1406630349_thumb.j

• Like 1

what happens to snakes that eat poisonous toads?

They turn into a Gerbil ?

They marry a prince ?

They turn into a TGAU ?

I give up, is this a trick question ?

They get warts on their tongue?

They turn into a pumpkin?

I don't know.

• Like 1

This snake was by me and transported up in the forest. Be carefull with this one. My builders wanted to kill it but I told them to take a bambustick and make it fall to the floor were I could catch it.

White-Lipped Pit Viper Cryptelytrops albolabris. (Before the name was Trimeresurus albolabris.)

post-94947-0-76845200-1406633486_thumb.j

post-94947-0-44895600-1406633544_thumb.j

• Like 1

Possibly a Golden Tree Snake. I read they are bite happy, but non-venemous, at least to humans. I know they move like lightning though. We get a lot up here just outside Khon Kaen. They're a nice looking snake.