How to claim your discount at the Thaivisa Lounge Bar Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

I did the obligatory call in for a beer, as you do.  No help with the WiFi, asked twice.  Gave it up in the end.  Went to pay, asked about the discount, got treated like a crim with full on huffs.  She took my phone, logged in with the internet for me, without asking, and made me stand there to prove I was a member.... by this stage it had gone too far to just say stuff it... so I left a bit miffed and the parting comment from her to the tune of, "Well how do we know you're a member or not, anyone could say that!" which is true, but not necessary made me install the damn app.

Oz

• Like 1

I did the obligatory call in for a beer, as you do.  No help with the WiFi, asked twice.  Gave it up in the end.  Went to pay, asked about the discount, got treated like a crim with full on huffs.  She took my phone, logged in with the internet for me, without asking, and made me stand there to prove I was a member.... by this stage it had gone too far to just say stuff it... so I left a bit miffed and the parting comment from her to the tune of, "Well how do we know you're a member or not, anyone could say that!" which is true, but not necessary made me install the damn app.

Oz

I'm in BKK tomorrow, will give the place a miss.
  • Like 2

I am afraid I will never be going again. I walked in tonight and asked for pint of anything and was given a mug that was a half. I had offered my Thaivisa app which was approved. I asked for a pint because it was possibly cheaper than 2 halves. However when I asked for a pint the bartender put it in a bigger receptacle and added ice. I was exasperated and walked out.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

I sense an "old and new" issue at this bar.....I reckon you all need to have a paintball day out to get things together.....I know a great PR person if you all need help with sorting things out.

Just PM me George!
  • Like 1

Oz

Apologies Oz.

I'll be sending your feedback to manager there. 

As mentioned, there are just a few teething problems, but please have patience with us, we're working hard to get it right

• Like 1

not that its of any importance at all, really!  But if you were not a member how would you know about the discount?  It wasn't like it was posted anywhere in the bar that I could see.  You would have had to have read that one post on its opening....kind of obvious don't ya reckon?  Anyway I will try again at a later stage ( I got the WiFi sorted now biggrin.png ).

Oz

I am afraid I will never be going again. I walked in tonight and asked for pint of anything and was given a mug that was a half. I had offered my Thaivisa app which was approved. I asked for a pint because it was possibly cheaper than 2 halves. However when I asked for a pint the bartender put it in a bigger receptacle and added ice. I was exasperated and walked out.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Always a good start to not make things easy for the staff by ordering "a pint of anything".  If you were ordering in English did it not occur to you that there may have been a misunderstanding with your helful order? 

When you expressed your displeasure and asked for a pint the second time did you make it clear that you wanted more beer?  Maybe the girl thought you just wanted a large glass with lots of ice, as many regulars in New Wave do.  No doubt she was exasperated with your attitude also. 

You will be missed greatly.

Oz

Apologies Oz.

As mentioned, there are just a few teething problems, but please have patience with us, we're working hard to get it right

For the record, the wifi log-in is 1234567890.  There that's that problem solved.

The other "issues" are not issues at all, the staff are just doing what they've been told to do by ThaiVisa and the owners of the bar, ie, check that those asking for discounts are entitled to it.  Is that so unreasonable?

As for ozsamurai's making an issue of the girl saying "Well how do we know you're a member or not, anyone could say that", and then conceding that it was a reasonable thing to say is countering his own compaint.

How about giving the staff a break and getting things properly organised before sending feedback to Suzi criticising the staff.

Edited by Zeegator

Hi guys

Can we keep this thread on topic please.

Let's not get into petty squabbling, you're better than that.

This thread is meant to inform members on how they can claim their discount and also a place where we all can share ideas, experiences and feedback re the Lounge Bar Bangkok.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I posted the following a few minutes ago and a moderator closed the discussion.

It was obvious from the content that I knew how to claim a discount as I had claimed them before and all the waitresses knew I was a member.

It would be refreshing to get an answer to my question.

If you can't even respond to a member's question how do you expect to keep customers?

My content in last message is below.

What happened?

I've been a regular customer there for many months before and after it was renamed.

I stopped in tonight, Saturday night and what a disappointment.

I will not talk about the service as there was none. After waiting for 20 minutes, my order was finally taken. I was in no rush so that was no big deal to me, but caught my attention. I asked myself if I wanted to bring friends in to get the same service?

Keep in mind there appeared to be only 6 or 7 people in the restaurant.

I sat for one hour and no one asked me if I wanted anything more. I then said to myself, 'I can't even recommend the place.'

I wondered why there was no service only to discover the girls were either talking, laughing, playing pool or racking the balls. That seemed to be their primary interest.

It was hard to even get a smile.

I never complained to anyone, just requested my bill.

The waitress knew I was a member, but refused to give me a discount, so I refused a tip!

My question is who manages that place?

If I owned it no one would have a job the next day!

My question is, are discounts still being offered and if not that should be published to avoid misrepresentation.

Granted, my order was small, but that should not matter, especially when they know I tip 20 to 30% on a regular basis and also leave the discount with the waitress.

My final question is, what happened and what is being done to resolve a serious Management problem?

#2 metisdead
Star Member

Global Moderators

14,993 posts
Posted 2 minutes ago
There is a topic running regarding the Thai Visa Lounge in the Bangkok Forum:

How to claim your discount at the Thaivisa Lounge Bar Bangkok

Please post your queries there.

Closed

Oz

Apologies Oz.

It sounds like a complete disaster.....Where is the manager when such things happen. If these stories are true it would be best to change the manager and have random checks before TV is loosing the good reputation.