Getting Fed Up Of Thailand

robes

The OP is obviously upset, we are all here to offer words of support and encouragement for the poor simple sod.

Dear OP, have you been gurgling Badgers milk ?

No he was being a smart ass showing off his thai speaking skills and swearing at them in thai.Not a smart move obviously.

• Like 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes very funny, you know TV posters for the most part one some of the coldest and inhuman people on the internet, I have known this for a while so it is to be expected. Most of you are just old men with pensions looking for a nice Thai bride who will probably screw you over eventually. I posted this as a matter of opinion to discuss, and as you can see I am not alone with thinking that this place, Thailand, is becoming less and less welcoming as time goes on. I would like to see how you felt after your bike was stolen and then you get severely beaten to the point you cannot eat for a few days, and put into a cell.

Well said mate , i was just thinking the same as i read through the responses. Bitterness and jealousy that's all. Ignore them , their life is probably shit anyhow. Shacked up with some ugly ex brass and it's too late to change anything. Trawling through TV ripping anybody to pieces who dare mention anything wrong with Thailand is their orgasm. Given hindsight and their time back they'd be off like a shot too. Good luck whatever you do , personally at your age and profession i'd be off asap.

• Like 2

robes, on 29 Jul 2014 - 21:49, said:

Yes very funny, you know TV posters for the most part one some of the coldest and inhuman people on the internet, I have known this for a while so it is to be expected. Most of you are just old men with pensions looking for a nice Thai bride who will probably screw you over eventually. I posted this as a matter of opinion to discuss, and as you can see I am not alone with thinking that this place, Thailand, is becoming less and less welcoming as time goes on. I would like to see how you felt after your bike was stolen and then you get severely beaten to the point you cannot eat for a few days, and put into a cell.

I was actually on your side UNTIL you made a childish comment "Most of you are just old men with pensions looking for a nice Thai bride who will probably screw you over eventually" now I think no country wants you.

I do not understand why people have to announce to everyone when they want to leave a room.

Just go, we didn't know you until 5 minutes ago, so rest assured that we won't miss you.

"I do not understand why people have to announce to everyone when they want to leave a room."

To be fair, it's a serious medical condition and not something to make fun of. The technical diagnostic term is "throwing a tantrum." Those most at risk are a subset of the population known as:

DQ_logo.jpg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

I have lived here 4 years now and I am starting to look for another place. I am simply feed up with the trouble of doing business here, visa, work-permit etc. and of course also now having to report to the police, when we go and visit friends and family here. It is just too much and I have become really sick of it.

Our company here could e.g. grow and easily hire 2-3 skilled foreigners, but since we need hire 4 Thai-employees to get one work-permit, then it is simply not worth staying here. And we can not find the skilled local staff, so it is impossible to grow the business here. It is simply stupid and frustrating as well. Can not find local staff, but need them to be able to hire skilled foreign staff.

Will visit both Cambodia and Philippines during the next couple of weeks and then decide where to move. One thing is for sure... I am out of here. I was hoping for better conditions for foreigners here, but have seen nothing else that more and more restrictions. It seems as Thailand is only a place for older people with their pensions to spend.

A shame really...

Very big pensions in some cases

Get yourself a Cambodian passport, only 500,000 us dollars, peanuts realy

no.

a cambodia passport costs us$270 and is available to everybody

even to those with white skin and a big nose.

the catch is that you must pass the interview by speaking fluent Khmer

which is much more difficult than Thai.

a cambodia passport is valid for only 3 years after which it can be renewed twice for 2 years each time.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surely the invaluable contributions of these pillars of architecture, construction engineers, judicial luminaries and university lecturers would have left a more indelible mark?

As for your being accepted as a Thai, come again??!!

Really? Please elaborate on HOW - exactly - you're accepted as a Thai.

My contributions are in the constructions I have completed. Sorry I didn't get a plaque I just got the cash.

Since I have lived over half my life in this Country speak Thai better than most Thais that haven't a University education, can cook just about any Thai dish better than a Thai and play golf and other activities with senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry. Bugger Off!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry, it took me a while to get up off the floor after reading that

Listen to yourself

You were PAID to do a job in construction. You just lined your pockets - how is that a contribution?

I know 4 people - 2 young, 2 middle aged - who have come here, gotten work permits to teach English FREE to village kids; to help with AIDS awareness and to clean up beaches ravaged by oil spills and THEY don't sit there like smug grunts behaving as if their "contribution" somehow affords them elevated status.

You actually believe that because you play a round of golf with a couple of "senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry", you can claim to be accepted as a Thai?

You're a laughing stock with serious identity issues.

The next time you lament on why you're you're not taken seriously, go back to that post.

Your answers are right there; immortalised

I know 4 people - 2 young, 2 middle aged - who have come here, gotten work permits to teach English FREE to village kids; to help with AIDS awareness and to clean up beaches ravaged by oil spills

And I'm publicly calling you a liar on this one.

If you knew anything about the way that Thailand opperates you would understand why.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Thaiberius, on 29 Jul 2014 - 21:55, said:

It's Thailand and you are a guest which means you have to abide by their rules with no question. Of course you can rebel occasionally by demanding a proper fine instead of giving a bribe of £4 but in the big picture you are a farang and tolerated because you spend money. If you don't like it then find another job that enables you to spend time in Thailand, learn a trade that is in demand or just moan about it. Thailand is very very different to the west and they aren't going to let us change it. Good luck in your quest but look for the positives instead of the negatives.

In case you missed it, the west has changed Thailand...cars, electricity, motor bikes, paved roads, concrete, electric lights, most of the clothes they now wear etc etc etc...the fact is, Thailand is like a flea that lives off the back of a dog, it sucks up foreign investment and intellect/knowledge, then turns its back on you....this has happened even to some large multinational companies not only us small fry. People can argue if they want, but show me one, just one law, that is in favour of a foreigner when in conflict with a Thai, it becomes almost impossible when by law Thais own 51% of a company, that in many cases a foreigner has invested 100% of its capital. Thailand needs foreign investment, more that foreigners need Thailand. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with me little patch, but we all need to open our eyes to the truth.

Oh my god, he's upset about having to carry ID. The Sky is falling.

I have to carry an Id in my home country.

This rule might make all those lazy expats get a Thai DL.

They could, but according to Hua Hin Immigration's latest announcement ONLY an original passport is acceptable as valid identification.

Your answers are right there; immortalised

I'm happy with my life you are not. As I said before we move in different circles.

Baron Munchausen was happy with his too by all accounts

Did you ever meet Rolf Harris as a child?

I had enough too after nearly 20 years.... Am going to look at prospects back home the end of next month. Its just such a hassle to get anything done here...

Maybe its that repeating syndrome that haunts me down every 5 years or so but this time I have felt more sure than ever.

Lets see how a month back home will feel like but I won't be looking forward coming back in to Thailand as I normally would do. Well if I do than it might have been the cure to get me started again.

The Thais should make a national sport out of kicking the crap out of douchebags, there's no shortage of them visiting

Neverdie and your 12 odd thousand posts says a lot about you.

You are exactly the type of old ba$#ard he is talking about.

Ignorant, set in your ways, totally bereft of any new ideas, ready to mock anyone who has a different opinion to you and sits on the computer all day espousing your ultra conservative views.

Well the winds of change are blowing and you might find that the old generals have a different idea about your usefullness to the new Thai nation.

One where the bar is set a lot higher, and old pensioners wont fit the bill.

Let's hope for your sake that this zenophobic regime has a change of attitude before they really get stuck in to bashing foreigners.

Thanks for your wise words & I will ignore your poor attemp to flame me or insight a nasty reply, but I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting. Hint to you, I don't require a visa in my Passport and when I arrive I line up in a much shorter line to you.

I fear no immigration, nor do I give the slightest Fekk about visa laws, in fact I hope they really tighten the screws on immigration & keep it to people like BkkTigertony & MrToad, these are the type of guys needed here, not whiners that are busy insulting Thai ppl.

Time to wake up, it's long overdue that Thailand tightens the entry requirements and for moaners, good riddance !

• Like 2

Parking a Motorbike outside a Police Station is probably the dumbest place to park as they are the biggest thieves in the country. Muttering a Thai 'slur' to a Thai Policeman fully backed up by a gaggle of his pals has got to rank as even dumber.

So; there we have it....Dumb and Dumber !

• Like 1

The Thais should make a national sport out of kicking the crap out of douchebags, there's no shortage of them visiting

Ignorant, set in your ways, totally bereft of any new ideas, ready to mock anyone who has a different opinion to you and sits on the computer all day espousing your ultra conservative views.

Well the winds of change are blowing and you might find that the old generals have a different idea about your usefullness to the new Thai nation.

Let's hope for your sake that this zenophobic regime has a change of attitude before they really get stuck in to bashing foreigners.

You've just confirmed you are a bit short of ideas. For a start ND doesn't actually need a visa for Thailand. Work that one out.

So basically the rest of your rant is worthless.

Hello Bob, got a new visa?

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

It's Thailand and you are a guest which means you have to abide by their rules with no question. Of course you can rebel occasionally by demanding a proper fine instead of giving a bribe of £4 but in the big picture you are a farang and tolerated because you spend money. If you don't like it then find another job that enables you to spend time in Thailand, learn a trade that is in demand or just moan about it. Thailand is very very different to the west and they aren't going to let us change it. Good luck in your quest but look for the positives instead of the negatives.

One thing here, we are not 'guests' in this country, we are only tolerated. If you had a guest in your house, would he/she only be tolerated?

Thanks for your wise words & I will ignore your poor attemp to flame me or insight a nasty reply, but I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting. Hint to you, I don't require a visa in my Passport and when I arrive I line up in a much shorter line to you.

I fear no immigration, nor do I give the slightest Fekk about visa laws, in fact I hope they really tighten the screws on immigration & keep it to people like BkkTigertony & MrToad, these are the type of guys needed here, not whiners that are busy insulting Thai ppl.

Time to wake up, it's long overdue that Thailand tightens the entry requirements and for moaners, good riddance !

Oh balls, I've run out of 'likes' again ND, I will have to woe you one.smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had enough too after nearly 20 years.... Am going to look at prospects back home the end of next month. Its just such a hassle to get anything done here...

Maybe its that repeating syndrome that haunts me down every 5 years or so but this time I have felt more sure than ever.

Lets see how a month back home will feel like but I won't be looking forward coming back in to Thailand as I normally would do. Well if I do than it might have been the cure to get me started again.

There comes a time....the dunny door will be slapping my arse next tuesday and I so look forward to it.

You've just confirmed you are a bit short of ideas. For a start ND doesn't actually need a visa for Thailand. Work that one out.

He got the old bastard bit right 555555

The bit about 12k posts..... I think he considers me lazy, I'm not posting enough, only 4 posts per day?

Surely the invaluable contributions of these pillars of architecture, construction engineers, judicial luminaries and university lecturers would have left a more indelible mark?

As for your being accepted as a Thai, come again??!!

Really? Please elaborate on HOW - exactly - you're accepted as a Thai.

My contributions are in the constructions I have completed. Sorry I didn't get a plaque I just got the cash.

Since I have lived over half my life in this Country speak Thai better than most Thais that haven't a University education, can cook just about any Thai dish better than a Thai and play golf and other activities with senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry. Bugger Off!

Another Thai basher claiming that he is better than the Thais!!!

I just need a place to have a business, where I do not need to hire 4 local staff, when I want to hire a foreigner who can do the job. Besides that would be nice to be able to own 100% of the business, I invest 100% in and not only 49%. Have until now stayed here for personal reasons and because I hoped things would change to the better. Since this does not seem to be the case, then luckily I have other options.

There are actually countries out there, who actually value foreign investment and skills and who will not make things as complicated as possible for me. The current situation here does not attract or value foreign investors and entrepreneurs. It might take some time for Thailand to see that, but when they do it might also hurt the people living on their pensions here.

You make it sound as if Thailand owes you a living. It doesn't. And don't make it sound as if you're doing or wanting to do Thailand any favors. You're only in it for yourself. You are not what Thailand considers "valuable foreign investment." But as you say, you have other options. Take it. When you are gone, it will be as if you were never here. Same as the OP. Why people try to overstate their self-importance is beyond me. You mean as much to Thailand as you did to your home country...which is why you left in the first place.

Well, can you then tell me what benefit Thailand has from chasing an IT-entrepreneur away from Thailand? We have actually over a very short time, built a profitable company here that could grow even further - if only it was possible to find proper local skilled staff (which we can not find).

So if we want to hire a foreigner or two instead, then we have to hire 4 local staff more to get work-permits for them (2 foreigners = 8 local staff and so on...) What point is there to hire e.g. 8 people who can only make coffee? (We already have trouble enough with the 4 Thai-people we have.) Our other staff is currently based in other surrounding countries and jobs outsourced to sub-suppliers outside Thailand, because we can not find skilled enough staff here.

What does Thailand benefit from us moving our company to another place? Thailand does not owe me anything, but I do not see chasing away good companies (no matter big or small) as something smart to do. Could you please explain how this benefits Thailand in the long run? Would it not be smarter of Thailand to make it possible for us to hire more foreigners here and then slowly over time hire and train more local staff? At least the revenue would flow into the country and would be spent here, by the employees and costs related to that.

You see, the thing is that I actually like this country and would like to contribute to it - if only it would let me. But how is that possible, if the rules make no sense? As I see if Thailand is living in a bubble of illusion, by thinking it in the long run will be able to manage everything on its own.

The fact is that the educational system in this place sucks and it will for sure not benefit anyone, by pushing out foreigners who can contribute. Does Thailand benefit from us now leaving the country and firing 4 local employees?

A lot of your questions relate to the reason farangs have to jump through hoops when applying for various visas. It's their Thailand and they will run it how they want. The last thing they want is farangs interfering in that and that is why we are very much restricted in some of the things we would like to do. My take on it is to let them get on with it. I'm a guest in their country and will abide by their rules and laws and no matter what I do or say they aren't going to change anything. For me the advantages vastly outweigh the disadvantages. That's why, for me, it's the place I always want to be.

Good post, but you are not a guest here, you are only tolerated.

There comes a time....the dunny door will be slapping my arse next tuesday and I so look forward to it.

Safe travels!

Mr Toad, thanks for backing up Neverdie, he needed some spine in his reply.

Time will tell whether this military regime will succeed in its attempt to turn back the clock.

I remember the times here in the late 60's.

The annual muster of foreigners in Bangkok with a lecture from immigration on how lucky we were to be allowed to live here and how they knew where we were at all times.

The old guard are back in power and they couldn't care less about foreigners.

This time the populace is better educated and understand Thailand needs foreign capital and ideas.

Lets see if the Junta can deliver on those aspirations.

Methinks, little support from the people they are on borrowed time.

Need to up your post count ND, that seems to be a gripe with a few posters of recent. Moaning about posters with high post counts spending all day online. Well, you average about 4 a day and I average about 6. of course for some posters here 4-6 posts would probably take the best part of a day to construct, whereas some of us can post in a minute or two.

as i always say, if you dont like it here anymore ... or you are not happy here anymore.....man....just pack your bags and go somewhere else...the world is very large !!! for sure i'll do that too one day without posting anything here.

dont worry, they wont miss you.blink.png

good decision then

coffee1.gif

Mr Toad, thanks for backing up Neverdie, he needed some spine in his reply.

Time will tell whether this military regime will succeed in its attempt to turn back the clock.

I remember the times here in the late 60's.

The annual muster of foreigners in Bangkok with a lecture from immigration on how lucky we were to be allowed to live here and how they knew where we were at all times.

The old guard are back in power and they couldn't care less about foreigners.

This time the populace is better educated and understand Thailand needs foreign capital and ideas.

Lets see if the Junta can deliver on those aspirations.

Methinks, little support from the people they are on borrowed time.

Well Bob, I appreciate that last response as it is actually interesting as you've obviously been around a fair few years, not a dig at your age BTW.

My main gripe here Bob, is that people keep moaning about the place, so I really don't understand why they choose to remain. Anyhow, I am sure we agree on some things, and disagree on others.