Getting Fed Up Of Thailand

robes

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thais should make a national sport out of kicking the crap out of douchebags, there's no shortage of them visiting

Neverdie and your 12 odd thousand posts says a lot about you.

You are exactly the type of old ba$#ard he is talking about.

Ignorant, set in your ways, totally bereft of any new ideas, ready to mock anyone who has a different opinion to you and sits on the computer all day espousing your ultra conservative views.

Well the winds of change are blowing and you might find that the old generals have a different idea about your usefullness to the new Thai nation.

One where the bar is set a lot higher, and old pensioners wont fit the bill.

Let's hope for your sake that this zenophobic regime has a change of attitude before they really get stuck in to bashing foreigners.

You've just confirmed you are a bit short of ideas. For a start ND doesn't actually need a visa for Thailand. Work that one out.

So basically the rest of your rant is worthless.

Hello Bob, got a new visa?

Mr Toad, thanks for backing up Neverdie, he needed some spine in his reply.

Time will tell whether this military regime will succeed in its attempt to turn back the clock.

I remember the times here in the late 60's.

The annual muster of foreigners in Bangkok with a lecture from immigration on how lucky we were to be allowed to live here and how they knew where we were at all times.

The old guard are back in power and they couldn't care less about foreigners.

This time the populace is better educated and understand Thailand needs foreign capital and ideas.

Lets see if the Junta can deliver on those aspirations.

Methinks, little support from the people they are on borrowed time.

are you actually trying to make a point, or just going off on some medication related rambling/diatribe ?

• Like 1

Need to up your post count ND, that seems to be a gripe with a few posters of recent. Moaning about posters with high post counts spending all day online. Well, you average about 4 a day and I average about 6. of course for some posters here 4-6 posts would probably take the best part of a day to construct, whereas some of us can post in a minute or two.

Yes and to think I can do it on the phone whilst being driven around or waiting for a feed in my hammock.

Meanwhile old bitter bob that knows Fekk about bugger all is still trying to type with his two fingers and sticky keyboard......just amazed at how anyone could average a whole 4 posts per day.

Poor old bob, so much time & so little idea. PRICELESS Bobby, where you from lad?

I feel the same as you. Thailand just want old timers who are retired and looking for a thai bride that definitely will screw them over after a while. I got nothing against carrying an id but to carry a passport with you all the times are you guys thinking clearly with your heads or you lost your mind? I traveled in many countries and been checked my police in a few of them each time I got asked my to id myself I showed my id card and it was fine but no passport. So yes I am with this guy i completely share his view. This place is definitely good for old timers like most members on this forum but for young guys I am sorry it's getting crappy. Most young dudes here are english teachers with work permits getting 40 K a month what kind if income is that lol a joke I make that in 2 days sometimes in China. Thailand want you to be clean and respect the law but no they won't pay you accordingly to the number of visas and extensions you got to do.

Need to up your post count ND, that seems to be a gripe with a few posters of recent. Moaning about posters with high post counts spending all day online. Well, you average about 4 a day and I average about 6. of course for some posters here 4-6 posts would probably take the best part of a day to construct, whereas some of us can post in a minute or two.

or less then a minute like this one,,,

• Like 1

I feel the same as you. Thailand just want old timers who are retired and looking for a thai bride that definitely will screw them over after a while. I got nothing against carrying an id but to carry a passport with you all the times are you guys thinking clearly with your heads or you lost your mind? I traveled in many countries and been checked my police in a few of them each time I got asked my to id myself I showed my id card and it was fine but no passport. So yes I am with this guy i completely share his view. This place is definitely good for old timers like most members on this forum but for young guys I am sorry it's getting crappy. Most young dudes here are english teachers with work permits getting 40 K a month what kind if income is that lol a joke I make that in 2 days sometimes in China. Thailand want you to be clean and respect the law but no they won't pay you accordingly to the number of visas and extensions you got to do.

What a load of nonsense form first two sentences to the last one.

If people got away from hanging around their local 7/11 swigging Chang they might find whole new Thailand that's away from what they have seen.

Edited by mrtoad

"I am from barcelona...................i know nothing!sad.png

Actually SBC, you've got more sense & knowledge that a million of these douchebags.

Seriously, you didn't even need to be told not to enter the police station and insult them!

Darwinism at its best.

What's going to be his next smart idea?

I don't think what happened to you is any different than what would have happened prior to the NCPO taking over the country. It's a matter of who these police are and what they feel they can get away with. However, even though I've never had a run-in with the police in the 5 years I've been here I too am fed-up with how this country looks at and treats foreigners. I feel this mostly takes place in the bigger tourist cities where falang are most prevalent so you might consider another city such as Chiang Mai or other countries as you suggest.

Good luck.

Edited by oneday

If your post is entirely truthful, then if it happened to me i'd be leaving too.

It can happen to you dear boy if this is what you wish, go and get stroppy with a Thai copper...wink.png

I honestly can't understand why anyone would antagonise The BIB given their rather chequered history.

as i always say, if you dont like it here anymore ... or you are not happy here anymore.....man....just pack your bags and go somewhere else...the world is very large !!! for sure i'll do that too one day without posting anything here.

dont worry, they wont miss you.blink.png

good decision then

coffee1.gif

You won't post on here about it when you leave,,, but you will post on here under the topic of someone else leaving?

Can no one make a comment on something they don't like here without people like you saying "if you don't like it bugger off!"?

or less then a minute like this one,,,

As opposed to chuffing away on half a dozen cancer sticks every hour, so what Gazpa, nobody is forcing the 'post counters' to read them.

Must be time for u to sink the joint up gazza, get some more cancer and poison In your lungs ;)

What a load of nonsense form first two sentences to the last one.

If people got away from hanging around their local 7/11 swigging Chang they might find whole new Thailand that's away from what they have seen.

Lol 40 000 baht salary with a work permit that is what my friend get and yes I think it's a big joke when you think about all the visa work he got to do. Sorry if you think this is nonsense my friend but yes Thailand is good for old timers but someone who wanna set a business here and is young sorry it is way too much paperwork and money being asked. If you agree about carrying a passport around in a country where it is known stealing passport is a lucrative business then fine go and do it but no I will not agree with this kind of demands cause as I said when I travel to other countries and get asked for identification I never show my passport and it is all good with the local police.

There are plenty of young people here earning good money. The problem with a certain generation these days is that they think everybody owes them a living. Most people work to get where they are, it's not all handed to you on a plate. Choose to live here, then follow the rules and regulations. If not, stay at home. Simple

As for carrying a passport around, no, that is not what has been said, and it also been said that a DL is adequate. This place is full of bloody whingers.

Edited by mrtoad

There are plenty of young people here earning good money. The problem with a certain generation these days is that they think everybody owes them a living. Most people work to get where they are, it's not all handed to you on a plate. Choose to live here, then follow the rules and regulations. If not, stay at home. Simple

As for carrying a passport around, no, that is not what has been said, and it also been said that a DL is adequate. This place is full of bloody whingers.

I wonder how many whingers can actually ID themselves with a credit card?

I feel the same as you. Thailand just want old timers who are retired

really so what about the non-retiree's, who have been here many years, working here in industry, commerce and other spheres legally, if they are not wanted, Thailand sure has a funny way of showing it by renewing their paperwork every year or two without jumping through any hoops or having any hassles

One one suspects,based on the recent visa crackdowns, the people who Thailand doesnt want are the lilly whites, with an air of self-entitlement who start stamping their little feet cos hey cant get their own way, who really believe they are doing Thailand a favour by living here...

• Like 2

Hello everyone, hope you have had a good day.

Let me start by saying my account of what happened is 100% true and I have images of proof but do not know how to upload them here, even though I have had various TV accounts over the years. I mainly just browse though so I do have a very good understanding of the mentality and behavior of this community when it comes to posting. Water off of a ducks back I think is the expression.

To answer some questions firstly it was the tourist police and my bike was not parked directly outside but maybe 100 metres or so along with many other bikes.

Why did I throw a Thai slur? Well I was tipsy and angry that my bike had been stolen, add to the fact I go to the tourist police for help and they sit there playing cards and laugh without much of a care about the entire thing. Alcohol loosens the mouth as we all know which is why this is the first time I have gotten into such a situation.

Am I looking for sympathy, no, the main reason for this discussion was the general feeling of living here in Thailand as a young foreigner, the notion that things are changing for the worse. I have a valid ED visa and I attend school like I should. However the old rule of having to carry an ID has been reinforced and only an actual passport will suffice. So, if I want to go for a morning walk to the beach and go for a swim, I need my passport. Where am I going to leave it on the beach? Hire a passport handler?

And you already have discussed how difficult and pointless it is trying to start a business here as a foreigner, so I need not go into that much more.

I do live in a touristy town, not city, and it is not Phuket or Pattaya, wouldn't return to either places if you paid me in all honesty.

Today I had to go to the police station to file an official report on my stolen bike, from the actual police station me and a BiB walked to where I parked my bike and he took photographs. I then mentioned that the road has CCTV, he noted this down and we went inside the tourist police station. You should have seen their faces when I asked about the CCTV, will it get checked, like hell it will. It is probably already deleted because what they did was on film. But the police officer I was with filing the report was somewhat friendly and of course as with most people if you are kind and respectful to them, they are in return. I know I slipped up for the first time in 5 years with regards to the police, but it was a combination of being slightly drunk, a bike being stolen and the tourist police who are meant to help not caring. It only took a few words.

Anyway as some of you have already realised this place is changing, however everything is in a constant change of flux so that is to be expected, but this change does not help the tourist industry, the young long term stayers and farang trying to set up business here that is for sure. As for the person who said I am not in my mid 20s, I am.

Getting fed up with the know it all farang douchebags that never stop whineing about Thailand thread really has brought out TVF's more simple folk.

I can't wait for part II

"My toaster electrocuted me when I insert a knife into it"

Bright folk some of these imports.

• Like 1

I am not one of those guys hiding and scared of the visa crackdown. I spend not more than 1 month in Thailand and usually I am out of here. I come back here just to live and train martial arts but I feel for the people who wanna make themselves legal but can't due to the quantity of paperwork and cash you got to show. Not everyone wanna be an English teacher or be a personal trainer like most guys I know down here. Some of those young guys who can't make themselves legal got a lot to offer unlike most expats retired freaks living in Pattaya wasting all their money in beers and hookers.

Well, thanks for explaining the reason for your rather limited understanding of Thailand. Thailand is more than just Pattaya, English Teachers and Personal trainers.

Edited by mrtoad

Hello everyone, hope you have had a good day. Let me start by saying my account of what happened is 100% true and I have images of proof but do not know how to upload them here, even though I have had various TV accounts over the years. I mainly just browse though so I do have a very good understanding of the mentality and behavior of this community when it comes to posting. Water off of a ducks back I think is the expression.To answer some questions firstly it was the tourist police and my bike was not parked directly outside but maybe 100 metres or so along with many other bikes. Why did I throw a Thai slur? Well I was tipsy and angry that my bike had been stolen, add to the fact I go to the tourist police for help and they sit there playing cards and laugh without much of a care about the entire thing. Alcohol loosens the mouth as we all know which is why this is the first time I have gotten into such a situation. Am I looking for sympathy, no, the main reason for this discussion was the general feeling of living here in Thailand as a young foreigner, the notion that things are changing for the worse. I have a valid ED visa and I attend school like I should. However the old rule of having to carry an ID has been reinforced and only an actual passport will suffice. So, if I want to go for a morning walk to the beach and go for a swim, I need my passport. Where am I going to leave it on the beach? Hire a passport handler? And you already have discussed how difficult and pointless it is trying to start a business here as a foreigner, so I need not go into that much more. I do live in a touristy town, not city, and it is not Phuket or Pattaya, wouldn't return to either places if you paid me in all honesty. Today I had to go to the police station to file an official report on my stolen bike, from the actual police station me and a BiB walked to where I parked my bike and he took photographs. I then mentioned that the road has CCTV, he noted this down and we went inside the tourist police station. You should have seen their faces when I asked about the CCTV, will it get checked, like hell it will. It is probably already deleted because what they did was on film. But the police officer I was with filing the report was somewhat friendly and of course as with most people if you are kind and respectful to them, they are in return. I know I slipped up for the first time in 5 years with regards to the police, but it was a combination of being slightly drunk, a bike being stolen and the tourist police who are meant to help not caring. It only took a few words. Anyway as some of you have already realised this place is changing, however everything is in a constant change of flux so that is to be expected, but this change does not help the tourist industry, the young long term stayers and farang trying to set up business here that is for sure. As for the person who said I am not in my mid 20s, I am.

So you've had other TVF Accounts before?

What else would you like to confess about?

I am not one of those guys hiding and scared of the visa crackdown. I spend not more than 1 month in Thailand and usually I am out of here. I come back here just to live and train martial arts but I feel for the people who wanna make themselves legal but can't due to the quantity of paperwork and cash you got to show. Not everyone wanna be an English teacher or be a personal trainer like most guys I know down here. Some of those young guys who can't make themselves legal got a lot to offer unlike most expats retired freaks living in Pattaya wasting all their money in beers and hookers.

Well, thanks for explaining the reason for your rather limited understanding of Thailand. Thailand is more than just Pattaya, English Teachers and Personal trainers.

......and beer and hookers!

I have lived here 4 years now and I am starting to look for another place. I am simply feed up with the trouble of doing business here, visa, work-permit etc. and of course also now having to report to the police, when we go and visit friends and family here. It is just too much and I have become really sick of it.

Our company here could e.g. grow and easily hire 2-3 skilled foreigners, but since we need hire 4 Thai-employees to get one work-permit, then it is simply not worth staying here. And we can not find the skilled local staff, so it is impossible to grow the business here. It is simply stupid and frustrating as well. Can not find local staff, but need them to be able to hire skilled foreign staff.

Will visit both Cambodia and Philippines during the next couple of weeks and then decide where to move. One thing is for sure... I am out of here. I was hoping for better conditions for foreigners here, but have seen nothing else that more and more restrictions. It seems as Thailand is only a place for older people with their pensions to spend.

A shame really...

Very big pensions in some cases

Get yourself a Cambodian passport, only 500,000 us dollars, peanuts realy

blink.png I should have gotten one when it was $500...

OP -ท่านคิดเคยได้รับรถจักรยานยนต์กลับ

Sorry google translate isn't working well for you. That's not how it's written ;)

Also TVF on allows for English & Thai on the language forum.

• Like 1

All these clowns want to live in Thailand but they hate it. They all say they are not here for the cheap tricks. They all say they can make more money elsewhere.

This must be some sort of medical condition.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, hope you have had a good day. Let me start by saying my account of what happened is 100% true and I have images of proof but do not know how to upload them here, even though I have had various TV accounts over the years. I mainly just browse though so I do have a very good understanding of the mentality and behavior of this community when it comes to posting. Water off of a ducks back I think is the expression. To answer some questions firstly it was the tourist police and my bike was not parked directly outside but maybe 100 metres or so along with many other bikes. Why did I throw a Thai slur? Well I was tipsy and angry that my bike had been stolen, add to the fact I go to the tourist police for help and they sit there playing cards and laugh without much of a care about the entire thing. Alcohol loosens the mouth as we all know which is why this is the first time I have gotten into such a situation. Am I looking for sympathy, no, the main reason for this discussion was the general feeling of living here in Thailand as a young foreigner, the notion that things are changing for the worse. I have a valid ED visa and I attend school like I should. However the old rule of having to carry an ID has been reinforced and only an actual passport will suffice. So, if I want to go for a morning walk to the beach and go for a swim, I need my passport. Where am I going to leave it on the beach? Hire a passport handler? And you already have discussed how difficult and pointless it is trying to start a business here as a foreigner, so I need not go into that much more. I do live in a touristy town, not city, and it is not Phuket or Pattaya, wouldn't return to either places if you paid me in all honesty. Today I had to go to the police station to file an official report on my stolen bike, from the actual police station me and a BiB walked to where I parked my bike and he took photographs. I then mentioned that the road has CCTV, he noted this down and we went inside the tourist police station. You should have seen their faces when I asked about the CCTV, will it get checked, like hell it will. It is probably already deleted because what they did was on film. But the police officer I was with filing the report was somewhat friendly and of course as with most people if you are kind and respectful to them, they are in return. I know I slipped up for the first time in 5 years with regards to the police, but it was a combination of being slightly drunk, a bike being stolen and the tourist police who are meant to help not caring. It only took a few words. Anyway as some of you have already realised this place is changing, however everything is in a constant change of flux so that is to be expected, but this change does not help the tourist industry, the young long term stayers and farang trying to set up business here that is for sure. As for the person who said I am not in my mid 20s, I am.

Sorry I don't understand, if your bike had not been stolen what was you planning on doing, riding it home?

All these clowns want to live in Thailand but they hate it. They all say they are not here for the cheap tricks. They all say they can make more money elsewhere.

This must be some sort of medical condition.

Back in early 1900s the actual definition in a lot of Lunatic Asylum admission books was "moron".

• Like 1