How to report 7/11 staff

edwardandtubs

^

Get a " 7Card ", put some money in, pay with " 7Card " for all your purchases at "7" nation wide, get bonus points, get your stamps accounted to your " 7Card " electronically, no clumsy stamp handling, no cheating, no small change, hassle free sabai, sabai, welcome to the 21th century... problem solved. Next.

No need to flash your card before you pay, sometimes i wait until the clerk has registered my purchase, then i top up my card for that amount ( rounded up to the next 100฿), then pay with it... 7 staff treat me like i'm very deep in the matter of anything Thai. Edited by Chonburiram
  • Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact Consumer Affairs at their corporate headquarters in the US. I've done it before. They will address the issue. Make sure you have the address of the store in Thailand and if possible the store number.

Best of luck!

Corporate Headquarters/Store Support Center:

7-Eleven, Inc.

One Arts Plaza

1722 Routh St., Suite 1000

Dallas, TX 75201

Main Phone Number: 972-828-7011

And see if you can get a photo of the employee in question and send that too, and possibly her fingerprints from the change she gave you (presuming she didn't misappropriate that as well as your stamps). Persevere till you are certain you have won and the lady is sacked, along with her manager, and the store is closed.

• Like 1

As many people have pointed out, the issue is not only the stealing but more importantly the rudeness. I was at all times polite and calm so it was completely uncalled for. Thanks to those who provided contact details. It's certainly worth a 5 minute phone call.

I think its better to call the Japanese head office, Japanese are more uptight about issues like this and will see the customers through. That's a link to the phone number for the Japan head office.

http://www.7andi.com/en/company/map.html

7-11 stores here a being carried and franchise by the CP Group in Thailand, so complaining to folks at CP might get you somewhere, or they will forward you to the correct people at 7-11, or ask the folks at CP to contact 7-11 and have them call you back. That way folks at 7-11 will be more serious since its from the CP head office..

http://www.cpthailand.com/CONTACTUS.aspx

^

Get a " 7Card ", put some money in, pay with " 7Card " for all your purchases at "7" nation wide, get bonus points, get your stamps accounted to your " 7Card " electronically, no clumsy stamp handling, no cheating, no small change, hassle free sabai, sabai, welcome to the 21th century... problem solved. Next.

No need to flash your card before you pay, sometimes i wait until the clerk has registered my purchase, then i top up my card for that amount ( rounded up to the next 100฿), then pay with it... 7 staff treat me like i'm very deep in the matter of anything Thai.

Excellent. So if for example I purchase one can of Coke Light (14baht) I should give them 86 baht?

How does one say "top up please" in Thai? (Yes my Thai still sucks. The first time I enquired about the 7-11 card I was offered a drinking straw).

Edited by arunsakda

OP is there any update on this outrage?

Lol.

He's probably passed away after his monthly food allowance was stolen away by these evil cashiers.

Maybe he's flown out to head office to discuss this face to face. It is a very serious matter after all.

OP is there any update on this outrage?

Lol.

He's probably passed away after his monthly food allowance was stolen away by these evil cashiers.

Maybe he's flown out to head office to discuss this face to face. It is a very serious matter after all.

Only if they had budget 49 baht flights available. ;)

I can understand where all the hate is coming from towards OP. Sure, it's just 9 baht and a 7-11 cashier in Thailand makes around 8000-9000 THB per month (?) if working full-time, which we all know is not a lot.

However, this is NOT really about the 9 baht. I'm sure the OP doesn't care about 9 baht and probably wouldn't pickup a 1 baht coin if he saw one on the street.

It's more about the principle and about morals. I think that stealing/scamming, no matter the amount, should not be accepted under any circumstances. I'm surprised to see so many people on these forums are defending this petty theft. Having said that, I also think that the OP missed his chance and is dealing with this issue the wrong way. This kind of issue has to be dealt with and solved immediately at the scene.

A similar thing happened to me when I was living in Hong Kong:

Went to 7-11 nearby and bought some stuff. Didn't look at prices and didn't think about what the total should be.

I paid in cash and was not offered a receipt (even if I had been offered I would have said NO THANKS.

After having left 7-11my brain activated itself and I suspected the cashier had charged double for some items. But I realised the overcharge after I walked out and felt it was a bit late to correct it since I didn't have a receipt and the change in my pocket proved nothing.

DAMN...

The next week he repeat this and of course I noticed it immediately.

I told him the amount is wrong and told him what the right amount should be (I was expecting a scam so I knew exactly what the amount should be)

He responded with a confused look, speaking Cantonese, waving for the next person in line.

I then raised my voice a little and said this is the second time you are pulling this little scam and that he's not getting away with it.

I wanted him to correct it. - He refused. He claimed it's the right amount, showing with his hands to make room for the next customer.

I said I want to speak to someone in charge. - No reaction from the other employees.

I stood there staring at him, blocking the next customer from reaching the desk, and asked him to repeat the whole process - 10 seconds passed and he realised I'm not leaving unless he does it, so he agreed to, and viola, I was right, he had tried to overcharge me.

I received no apology from him. What a little shit!

I also never went back to that 7-11.

In this case the amount was also very small, around 30HKD (4$), but it was the principle, not the money.

I have an extra Pokemon coffee cup, still in the box that I can give you if it will make you feel better.

Oh...wait, that was the previous 7/11 "stamp promotion".

I don't have any prizes from the current promotion yet....

Sorry

I have an extra Pokemon coffee cup, still in the box that I can give you if it will make you feel better.

Oh...wait, that was the previous 7/11 "stamp promotion".

I don't have any prizes from the current promotion yet....

Sorry

I'm sorry too, I feel the need to correct your spelling and gramma and I can't remember what the topic is about :P

Yeah the difference is 6.1% of 1 Large Leo................

Ur good with numbers dago......an accountant?
Nah I,m just one of those that makes every baht count.....

I only joke about throwing the small notes away......in reality I'm seriously tight ;)

• Like 1