The Devil Made Me Do It

ThePunPun

No doubt you've heard of Sea Worlds, Shamu the Killer Whale.   Well now at The Pun Pun we have his cousin, Sha-Noo the Filler Burger.

Some weeks ago someone posted a pic of what was called the latest food craze in the US, called a Ramen Burger.

It struck a positive cord in my taster mechanism. It was a photo of ,what in fact, was a burger, but in place of the bun, were two patties of fried Ramen Noodles. Here we know them better as Mama Noodles. Anyhow I thought that might be a tasty dish if done right.

I thought at first that here we would have to call it a Lamen Burger, so it would be recognizable , but then had a noodle vision.

Being as my Pranee is going crazy with our Shan Noodle Dishes, I thought that it would be better if it were called....... now hold on.......

" PUN PUN's SHA-NOODLE BURGER "

Consisting of our normal extra delicious, made in house beef burger, and replacing the bun, would be two patties of Pranee's Shan Noodles, seasoned, with bacon bits, and bits of cheese. Softer on the inside and crispier on the outside.

So we practiced , much to my delight, as I got to eat all the delicious examples. This is the end result...... and I as a jury of one, and being totally objective , and unbiased , declare it to be "

"DELICIOUS "

"The SHA-NOODLE BURGER "

shanoo004.jpg

shanoo015.jpg

Come on down and give it a try.

G

ps   sorry I forgot about the blue spoon    .....a thousand lashes with a wet noodle.

Edited by ThePunPun
  • Like 2

Hi Gonzo

It looks good! I am glad you are not 'ramen' a burger down our throats

I was in full flood of a response re; no blue spoon when I suddenly saw the PS

'ps sorry I forgot about the blue spoon .....a thousand lashes with a wet noodle' (are you saying you serve wet noodles or should this be moved to an adult section)

Did you really forget, or is it a marketing ploy to get others like me to respond? I believe you are trying to stir it again without a spoon. I

PS Why can't we eat it with a blue knife and blue fork.
  • Like 1

Hi Gonzo

'ps sorry I forgot about the blue spoon .....a thousand lashes with a wet noodle' (are you saying you serve wet noodles or should this be moved to an adult section)

Did you really forget, or is it a marketing ploy to get others like me to respond? I believe you are trying to stir it again without a spoon. I

It could be fingerlicking good,....but don't forget to wash your hands, you never know where they have been.

Hi Gonzo

Of course you can..... as old Chief Sitting Bull, the American Indian, once told me " Knife, me..... fork You"

That's a Pun Pun, pun Son......Sorry but couldn't let that go by unanswered.. Set up opportunities like that come along only once in a life time.

But judging by the tremendous response to the Shanoodle burger, I would compare the response  as going over to that the equal of a fart in church.

Don't think I will be introducing the Shanoodle MCPuffin  Muffinless Sausage Sandwich or SMMSS   for short. 

I guess that what I guess for leaving out the blue spoon.

Hi Gonzo

It could be fingerlicking good,....but don't forget to wash your hands, you never know where they have been.

But should it taste better , please do let us know where they've been.  whistling.gif

Get a professional food photographer.  Everybody raves about your food, but it looks like oily cr@p in the photos.

Thank you for your input for what ever its worth .... yes people like the food, but to like it they must come to visit, and to do that they must somehow hear about us.   Now we are just a small business and photographers doing good work expect to be compensated.  So the next time I am on Madison Ave , NY , I'll try and employ a photographer to your no doubt standards.

In the meantime, if the photo is so displeasing to you, don't look at it just read the text..... or if that is a bother, go on to the next thread.

I am not a pro photographer, but I can push a button on a camera and post the pic.  This seems to give most folks the idea, as it is a message to the readers who choose to look at it,,,,,, it is not a photo competition.   Hope you take my honesty in the correct vein.  

Everyone's a critic. This isn't Sunset Magazine, or Le Gourmet. I think your pictures convey adequately what the diner can expect. In fact, I have decided to go eat at your place very soon, maybe even this very day. Being a reclusive sort of guy, I don't think I will announce myself as a TV regular. Might run into someone who didn't like what I've written at some point.

• Like 1

Sorry I waited five years to experience the Pun Pun. Had a great tuna sandwich, and best of all, met Gonzo the Face, and his lovely wife.  Now I have a new friend, and a great new place to eat. The day was a complete success.

I recommend this legendary establishment most highly. I will be back soon. Thanks Gonzo!

• Like 1

Get a professional food photographer.  Everybody raves about your food, but it looks like oily cr@p in the photos.

Yes, because every Mom and Pop small business in Northern Thailand should have a professional food photographer.  Goes without saying, really.

The real reason Gonzo takes his own photos is that the 'professionals' would not allow the obligatory 'Blue Spoon'! Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1

Yes, because every Mom and Pop small business in Northern Thailand should have a professional food photographer.  Goes without saying, really.

The real reason Gonzo takes his own photos is that the 'professionals' would not allow the obligatory 'Blue Spoon'!

Funny.  Though, if you notice, even Gonzo didn't allow the obligatory Blue Spoon in the photos here.  I keep reading about the crackdown of the military junta - I'm wondering if the General told Gonzo to stop with the blue spoon....?

Hi DIPLIMATICO (sorry Gonzo- not addressed to you)

As a General statement I want to thank you for your obviously coded and diplomatic message re J@nta

I did mention earlier (Post 5) that I thought Gonzo had missed the Blue Spoon out as a marketing ploy after he said he was going to be whipped by a wet noodle.

I now believe, given your latest suggestion (aka hint) that Gonzo includes a few secret messages in his posts. At post 7 when he referred to his so called Pun Pun Pun SMMSS I think he is actually sending a Subtle Message Meaning Sumptuous Secret.

With reference to Wet Noodles; I of course leave it to you (and Gonzo) as to its effectiveness of whipping up support (for whatever), unless this is another coded message from those higher up (euphemism intended)

No Photos please, we dont want to give away our inside knowledge. (Wink wink)

Oops; Have I given the secrets away by posting this