Thai Police Chief proposes conscripted riot police

webfact

Khaosod must not have noticed, but with the overthrowing of the old establishment, the violence suddenly came to an end. All perps caught have been singing the same song, we all know who sponsored the burning, shooting, RPGs and large mobs crying for a "democratic" system where only one elite family can lead them. Without this illogical mobs input, the chances of future rioting are slim.

AFAICT, far from being 'overthrown', the 'old establishment' are in complete control.  And it's unsurprising that the violence ceased immediately after they assumed direct control, as it had served its purpose.

Mind you, I couldn't care less who runs Thailand, as I'm not a Thai citizen, can't vote, and as a guest in Thailand, am not entitled to an opinion.  But inciting the mob in order to justify extralegal action is a timeworn tactic.

Who said you're not entitled to an opinion?

Aren't you giving an opinion now? If not what are you doing on a Thai news forum.

Edited by kimamey

Khaosod must not have noticed, but with the overthrowing of the old establishment, the violence suddenly came to an end. All perps caught have been singing the same song, we all know who sponsored the burning, shooting, RPGs and large mobs crying for a "democratic" system where only one elite family can lead them. Without this illogical mobs input, the chances of future rioting are slim.

It is called planning ahead....When dear leader bought the next election the new riot police will be ready.

You must mean Suthep of course as he's going to be Supreme Leader. It's true I heard it on here. Also there can't be a coup because there are too many in the lower ranks who are from the north and Isaan and they all support the last government so it wouldn't work.

I do agree this plan seems a little stupid.

It is called planning ahead....When dear leader bought the next election the new riot police will be ready.

You must mean Suthep of course as he's going to be Supreme Leader. It's true I heard it on here. Also there can't be a coup because there are too many in the lower ranks who are from the north and Isaan and they all support the last government so it wouldn't work.

Isn't thaksin the DL?

Isn't thaksin the DL?

Of course Thaksin

I would propose concentrating on the existing force, with emphasis on weeding out the corrupt, inefficient and complacent.

Throwing additional numbers into the tainted mix seems counterproductive.

You wouldneednew people as there would be nobody left