Who's this elite card for?

Around 35 years ago, from time to time I crewed on racing yachts. Some worth in the tens of millions of dollars. The owners usually cranky bastards worth in the hundreds of millions, back in the day when a million meant something.

These folks would throw parties which costs USD 100,000 and then complain about ten dollars they had misplaced. I never understood them. And when they paid you, one had to double check they didn't short change you. I don't know how many times I lent money to these guys, usually a few hundred francs, because they didn't have any cash on them. You try chasing Gianni Agnelli around the boat yards of Monaco for 300 francs.

The frequently didn't pay their bills, would negotiate over 10 francs and kill you with their bare hands for anything more than a thousand.

But I never ever heard them put down someone, because they lacked money. I never heard them brag about how much money they had. Or how someone's miserable financial existence compared with their jet (i.e private) lifestyle. If anything they would see that persons situation as a challenge to help solve. They could happily sit down and eat with boat yard workers amongst the stench of varnish and resin and talk about how to save five bucks.

I'm very pleased for those posters who are financially comfortable and can spend as they wish. But to those who put down others, because they can't afford an over priced visa waiver and transports service, in a third world country - or when dares to question the value of this exquisite product, rubbishes that person, as not being a quality high net worth individual then…

Permettez moi de vomir.

So you worked for what would be billionaires now, and you couldn't talk them into setting you up in business?

You definitely missed your boat.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 35 years ago, from time to time I crewed on racing yachts. Some worth in the tens of millions of dollars. The owners usually cranky bastards worth in the hundreds of millions, back in the day when a million meant something.

These folks would throw parties which costs USD 100,000 and then complain about ten dollars they had misplaced. I never understood them. And when they paid you, one had to double check they didn't short change you. I don't know how many times I lent money to these guys, usually a few hundred francs, because they didn't have any cash on them. You try chasing Gianni Agnelli around the boat yards of Monaco for 300 francs.

The frequently didn't pay their bills, would negotiate over 10 francs and kill you with their bare hands for anything more than a thousand.

But I never ever heard them put down someone, because they lacked money. I never heard them brag about how much money they had. Or how someone's miserable financial existence compared with their jet (i.e private) lifestyle. If anything they would see that persons situation as a challenge to help solve. They could happily sit down and eat with boat yard workers amongst the stench of varnish and resin and talk about how to save five bucks.

I'm very pleased for those posters who are financially comfortable and can spend as they wish. But to those who put down others, because they can't afford an over priced visa waiver and transports service, in a third world country - or when dares to question the value of this exquisite product, rubbishes that person, as not being a quality high net worth individual then…

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

It is true that many thaivisa forum posters would prefer to see the insults directed at Elite members (and wealthy people in general) unchallenged.

Personally I allow anyone to look down at me (and wealthy people in general) for the sole reason that I bought an Elite card. Please do so, as you wish, and as much as you want till it makes you feel better.

At the same time, forgive me if I challenge these insulting posts and posters who give themselves the right to comment not only on something that don't know much about, but especially on people who they never met.

You can only debate about respect if it comes from both sides.

Now, it would be interesting for you to start a new thread about who is doing what for the society. You may be surprised at who is "putting down" disadvantaged people and who helps the most...

Personally I am not angry at anyone on here. As I said, I am quite happy to belong to the "stupid" group of Thailand Elite card holder smile.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wealthy people do not buy the Thailand Elite Card.

• Like 1

Permettez moi de vomir.

So you worked for what would be billionaires now, and you couldn't talk them into setting you up in business?

You definitely missed your boat.

One cannot insult a lumpenproletariat more efficiently than letting them speak for themselves.

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

It is true that many thaivisa forum posters would prefer to see the insults directed at Elite members (and wealthy people in general) unchallenged.

Personally I allow anyone to look down at me (and wealthy people in general) for the sole reason that I bought an Elite card. Please do so, as you wish, and as much as you want till it makes you feel better.

At the same time, forgive me if I challenge these insulting posts and posters who give themselves the right to comment not only on something that don't know much about, but especially on people who they never met.

Now, it would be interesting for you to start a new thread about who is doing what for the society. You may be surprised at who is "putting down" disadvantaged people and who helps the most...

Personally I am not angry at anyone on here. As I said, I am quite happy to belong to the "stupid" group of Thailand Elite card holder smile.png

If you say so... :)

That's quite an assumption you're making there.

I know.

But most of them have a consultant, along the lines of an international lawyer, who makes contact with the country of interest via diplomatic channels.

And usually as a matter of courtesy, their passports are not dishonoured with visas and stamps etc.

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

If you say so... smile.png

I do.

But then our definitions of wealthy may be different.

That's quite an assumption you're making there.

I know.

But most of them have a consultant, along the lines of an international lawyer, who makes contact with the country of interest via diplomatic channels.

And usually as a matter of courtesy, their passports are not dishonoured with visas and stamps etc.

Mark Zuckerberg came to Thailand a few years ago to attend a wedding. I'm sure he didn't bother with any visas as it was just a short trip and he was travelling in a private capacity and not on any company or 'official' business that we know about : he was a tourist.

I believe he was worth about $8 B at the time (now $32 B ) which puts him firmly in the top 20 of the 'super wealthy' in the world, the ones we're allowed to know about that is.

Do you think he got a stamp in his passport when he arrived ?

I have no idea how he travelled as the website reporting his visit is blocked by the NCPO at the moment.

Edited by ukrules

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

I do.

What is your definition of wealthy?

I am curious...

• Like 1

For this who seek an alternative to the TEC...

1. Get a first rate mail address. USD 500.

2. Get a lawyer or a premium firm of accountants in the UK, US, Switzerland to write a letter on your behalf to either the local embassy or directly to the Minister of Foreign Affairs. It must be addressed personally to either the Ambassador or at least a Consul General. Do not engage or approach any bureaucrats or send mail without a personal contact. Included should be your interest in the cultural affairs of the country or desire to investigate investment prospects. Request a visa for whatever period is reasonable in accordance with your indicated interests. Basic starter letter and or a file opening anywhere form USD 500 - 3000. 5000 would be going over the top. Don't write it yourself, unless you know diplomatic code and can carry it off.

3. If the above is done properly, your agent will get a prompt personal reply. Usually it will be strong enough, although couched in ambiguous terms, referring you to some clerk that will handle the details. You or your agent can then move forward and process your visa in the usual way. Two year, five year multiple entry visas, with codes not discussed in these forums is de rigueur. And they are usually gratis.

4. If you're here, find a law firm which has as eminent member of the thai bar association as one of its partners. The higher the profile the better. Have him write a letter on your behalf directly to the minister of foreign affairs. 50,000 - 100,000 baht. The address for your correspondence should be Hong Kong, Switzerland or somewhere upmarket at least.

If you want to be treated like an elite, act like one.

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

I do.

What is your definition of wealthy?

I am curious...

Probably something like this:

If you can afford a fried egg on top the fried rice

Edited by larsjohnsson

For this who seek an alternative to the TEC...

1. Get a first rate mail address. USD 500.

2. Get a lawyer or a premium firm of accountants in the UK, US, Switzerland to write a letter on your behalf to either the local embassy or directly to the Minister of Foreign Affairs. It must be addressed personally to either the Ambassador or at least a Consul General. Do not engage or approach any bureaucrats or send mail without a personal contact. Included should be your interest in the cultural affairs of the country or desire to investigate investment prospects. Request a visa for whatever period is reasonable in accordance with your indicated interests. Basic starter letter and or a file opening anywhere form USD 500 - 3000. 5000 would be going over the top. Don't write it yourself, unless you know diplomatic code and can carry it off.

3. If the above is done properly, your agent will get a prompt personal reply. Usually it will be strong enough, although couched in ambiguous terms, referring you to some clerk that will handle the details. You or your agent can then move forward and process your visa in the usual way. Two year, five year multiple entry visas, with codes not discussed in these forums is de rigueur. And they are usually gratis.

4. If you're here, find a law firm which has as eminent member of the thai bar association as one of its partners. The higher the profile the better. Have him write a letter on your behalf directly to the minister of foreign affairs. 50,000 - 100,000 baht. The address for your correspondence should be Hong Kong, Switzerland or somewhere upmarket at least.

If you want to be treated like an elite, act like one.

And for those who don't want headaches, there is the Thailand Elite card.

Quick and easy :)

• Like 2

Total cost is not 500,000 if you were spending well over one million before. You still have to spend money leaving the country with elite card. Your cost likely now is one million plus 500k for elite card.

I don't get why and how we spend our money needs to be by your measures on what's worth it

Clearly you are happy with your 30-50k spending a month and clearly we are happy spending out 200-300k a month budget

It's different lives and different budgeting ...when you board the plane do you gloat about how much you saved cramped in that economy seat thinking we are fools in first class for wasting our money while we are stretching our legs and thinking of the next big investment eating out of real cutlery and sipping a Pepsi ;)

Enjoy life do what makes you happy ...buying this card clearly makes some happy...we are in a minority group we get it and we are not forcing anyone to join us

I don't care how people spend their money but some posters are flat out lying. So he was spending 1.25 mil before elite and now he spends 500k total? Give me a break!

I used to travel merely to keep my immigration status current. Sometimes within Asia, sometimes to Europe, that's about all you need to know.

Yesterday I was speaking with a fellow Thailand Elite member... in front of the Rolls Royce showroom at Paragon.

We were feeling so fortunate to live in Asia (in fact my friend lives in Singapore but has a house here too).

The western world has become so "leftist" that it has become a rather unpleasant place for successful and wealthy people.

In Asia it is the contrary. Success and wealth is still what people want to achieve and the ones who succeeded already are the examples to follow.

In Asia, there is nothing wrong in buying a Rolls Royce or an Elite card.

This farang forum is really reflecting the depressed mentality of today's western world. Bitterness and jealousy.

The Thailand Elite members Facebook page is the opposite. Only nice comments. But,... The difference is that most of the people who Like the page are Thais.

I feel very lucky, not only to be financially comfortable, but also, while reading the comments of some posters on this forum, to be living in Asia (Thanks to the Thailand Elite visa).

If you have the money, buy the card and enjoy life :)

• Like 1

-"Who is this Elite card for ?"

-"Elitists, of course"

The Thailand Elite program is (a bit) elitist by essence.

It does not mean that members are (all) elitists...

There should be a platinum level for the elitists smile.png

The elite don't purchase visa waivers to third would countries.

Perhaps a proletariat card or a lumpenproletariat card might be in order.

And if they ever decided to offer something of value they could introduce a petty bourgeoisie card.

Yesterday I was speaking with a fellow Thailand Elite member... in front of the Rolls Royce showroom at Paragon.

We were feeling so fortunate to live in Asia (in fact my friend lives in Singapore but has a house here too).

The western world has become so "leftist" that it has become a rather unpleasant place for successful and wealthy people.

In Asia it is the contrary. Success and wealth is still what people want to achieve and the ones who succeeded already are the examples to follow.

This farang forum is really reflecting the depressed mentality of today's western world. Bitterness and jealousy.

The Thailand Elite members Facebook page is the opposite. Only nice comments. But,... The difference is that most of the people who Like the page are Thais.

I feel very lucky, not only to be financially comfortable, but also, while reading the comments of some posters on this forum, to be living in Asia (Thanks to the Thailand Elite visa).

If you have the money, buy the card and enjoy life smile.png

Whats the official facebook group? Cant seem to find it - thanks.

If you have the money, buy the card and enjoy life smile.png

Whats the official facebook group? Cant seem to find it - thanks.

It is an unofficial page run by members.

Search for Thailand Elite Members

Cheaper just to go with a tourist visa.

What s wrong with you guys, you think thailand will let you in peace after spending money on a stupid card?

It's clear they want your money and nothing else, then they will ask you for more.

U just have been scammed!

Edited by bitcoinman

Cheaper just to go with a tourist visa.

What s wrong with you guys, you think thailand will let you in peace after spending money on a stupid card?

It's clear they want your money and nothing else, then they will ask you for more.

U just have been scammed!

A tourist visa that allows you to stay for up to 5 years ? I believe perhaps some brains have been scammed to believe it exist

Yes you can stay 5 years with a tourist visa, even 20 years. Just go out to Lao 2 times a year to get a visa and every 2 years go back home for a few weeks.

Why do you want stay in Thailand during sankran or summer.? Only poor farangs stay in Thailand all year long. Elite card is for the losers.!(they use the word "Elite" for your ego)

Edited by bitcoinman

Yes you can stay 5 years with a tourist visa, even 20 years. Just go out to Lao 2 times a year to get a visa and every 2 years go back home for a few weeks.

Why do you want stay in Thailand during sankran or summer.? Only poor farangs stay in Thailand all year long. Elite card is for the losers.!(they use the word "Elite" for your ego)

Bizarre argument ...I guess some have not been at the buffets or hotels we are at ...lots to do here if you want to stay year round and also nice place to base yourself if you want to fly out using a multiple entry visa like this.

The word elite is not for one ego ...have you ever seen any reward card at its highest level calling itself with humble terms ?

Like a visa black card that is so exclusive ..they don't call it a humble card or a commoner card or an everyday card..it's black visa for the elusive invitations only.

For everything else ...there is the boots card.

Thank god, bitcoinman is here to revive the Thailand Elite thread :)

I have been tipped that soon the Thailand Elite members will have some more privileges.

Among these privileges is a "2 million free accessories on a new Montecarlo Yacht".

Of course, you must have enough money to buy the yacht first. About 140 million baht. Not even a big one. It's 76ft long.

That tells more about who buys the card, and really puts the Thailand Elite fee into perspective (Peanuts).

But the main advantage for the members is still the priceless visa :)

(I would love to put a picture of the yacht but "some" will think that I flame...)

Edited by gerry1011

Evidently people just stay here without any visa and dispite this overstay, jail and blacklist threat will continue to do so until they are caught or die. No inconvenient and expensive traveling or waiting in lines for a visa. Only that feeling that sometime it could all end badly. You plan is a plan that may work for you.

The "PE" 5 year visa is also a plan. Don't be a hater because it's not your plan. Attacking the name is actually a pretty pathetic argument against anyone who selects this option. No one attacked your forced travel plan to avoid obtaining a correct visa. Your plan after all is based on your circumstances and is your choice.

• Like 2

Thank god, bitcoinman is here to revive the Thailand Elite thread smile.png

I have been tipped that soon the Thailand Elite members will have some more privileges.

Among these privileges is a "2 million free accessories on a new Montecarlo Yacht".

Of course, you must have enough money to buy the yacht first. About 140 million baht. Not even a big one. It's 76ft long.

That tells more about who buys the card, and really puts the Thailand Elite fee into perspective (Peanuts).

But the main advantage for the members is still the priceless visa smile.png

(I would love to put a picture of the yacht but "some" will think that I flame...)

A simple permission to stay & spend your own money in Thailand for 5 years - "priceless"?! Well, OK. Horses for courses I guess.