Two men charged with stealing Thai rice worth Bt98m from warehouse

webfact

Two rice thieves arrested

7-30-2014-10-10-31-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested two warehouse owners after finding them guilty of stealing almost 100,000 sacks of rice, worth 98 million baht, from their own warehouses which they rented to the state to store the rice bought from farmers under the rice-pledging scheme.

The arrest came after authorities discovered foul play by the warehouse owners when they erected scaffolds under piles of rice sacks a few weeks ago in Pathum Thani province.

Warehouse operators, Teerasak Seangwarangul, also known as Sia Ouan and his cousin Kittipong Seangwarangul were arrested today at a hotel in Bangkok’s out skirt areas.

The two were reportedly rented their warehouses in Pathum Thani province to the Marketing Organization for Farmers to store rice bought from farmers under the rice pledging scheme.

But the two later clandestinely stole about 98,000 sacks of rice, worth up to 98 million baht from the warehouses.

The suspects reportedly built scaffolds and place rice sacks on top to deceive rice stock inspection team.

A thorough inspection found that there was no rice under the scaffolds.

Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Gen Ake Angsananont said police would find out more conspirators to the theft as they believed more were involved in the theft.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-rice-thieves-arrested/

[thaipbs]2014-07-31[/thaipbs]

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they froze assetts and inspected these criminals homes for this money stolen in rice. I hope they get charge with complicity in the deaths of those farmers also althouhg i believe that this will be the sole responsibility of the former gov

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Loverly, at last we see progress on rounding up the miscreants who have stolen from the Thai people.  The police need to be looking very closely at every financial detail of these 2 to trace the money.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now we see some progress, however are these characters just the fall guys for others  and who  may well be able to   sing loud enough to trace the  tail  of the  ''missing '' rice stock/ 978 million baht, seems a tad strange to me that with that being stated as the sum involved why are these two characters still here in Thailand?

Methinks they are but small cogs in a far larger machine with many cogs and gears that connect in a very convoluted fashion..

x4576281205_125x125.jpg.pagespeed.ic.h2t

The problem you have is which direction will it lead , Thai's look after their own , so I wouldn't expect anything going much further, the big guy's on both side of the tracks are important enough to each other to issue a no investigation required notice.

Said in a report in the BKK Post (two busted in pledged rice theft) earlier today that the police were still looking for 5 other accomplices they haven't caught up with yet.

Edited by Robby nz

Is it possible these 2 brothers moved 100 million baht out of their warehouse and built the scaffold etc all alone, with nobody seeing them? No, it is not possible. This is just part of a much larger, organized scam. There will be a link proven to a PTP/redshirt bigwig, just wait and see. If I had to guess which Shin acolyte will be linked to this scam I would say either the incendiary transport minister that was owning a transport company, or perhaps the widebody jet buying abseiler?

This is an image of the former  PTP Transport Minister.attachicon.gifsittipunt.jpg

Looks like a real genius, but I was referring to his deputy.

Good start, now for all the rest of them, please ! clap2.gif

Oh, and a lighter sentence should be offered, if they blow the whistle & give evidence in court on all the people higher-up, who were supposed to protect them. whistling.gif

meanwhile the former-Pm should hang her head in shame, "missing-rice, I see no missing-rice", pure negligence ! laugh.png

If it is proved that Yingluk has been behind this then a good jail sentence is needed.If she kows she is guilty, France will be a nice place for retirement.

Now we see some progress, however are these characters just the fall guys for others  and who  may well be able to   sing loud enough to trace the  tail  of the  ''missing '' rice stock/ 978 million baht, seems a tad strange to me that with that being stated as the sum involved why are these two characters still here in Thailand?

Methinks they are but small cogs in a far larger machine with many cogs and gears that connect in a very convoluted fashion..
4576281205_125x125.jpg

What? They nicked some rice. U think this is some major national conspiracy? Strewth
  • Like 2

two warehouse owners after finding them guilty of stealing almost 100,000 sacks of rice, worth 98 million baht

if an overstayer is facing up to 2 years in jail.....how much are facing these people for such a robery?

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

"A thorough inspection found that there was no rice under the scaffolds."

Yup boss. Nothing here but scaffolding and empty space... Doh!

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif 

"...they believed more were involved in the theft."

Sharp as tacks. Run you criminals. The posse is on to ya...

2 Arrested for rice pledging program fraud

PATUMTHANI, 31 July 2014, (NNT) - Officials have apprehended 2 men for stealing more than 98,000 sacks of pledged rice.

According to Deputy Commissioner General, Police General Ake Angsananont, Patumthani police have arrested Mr. Kittipong and Mr. Teerasak Sanwarangkul for the said offense.

The two brothers allegedly leased their warehouse to the Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) to store rice under the pledging program. However, they reportedly stole 98,000 sacks of rice, worth 98.4 million baht, from the warehouse. Both men and other accomplices disappeared before officials discovered their wrongdoings.

Both men were among 17 criminals wanted by the Patumthani Court, Police General Ake said, adding that this group is part of a criminal network which operates in a systematic manner.

He vowed to bring the criminals now at large to justice.

[nnt]2014-07-31[/nnt]

Is it possible these 2 brothers moved 100 million baht out of their warehouse and built the scaffold etc all alone, with nobody seeing them? No, it is not possible. This is just part of a much larger, organized scam. There will be a link proven to a PTP/redshirt bigwig, just wait and see. If I had to guess which Shin acolyte will be linked to this scam I would say either the incendiary transport minister that was owning a transport company, or perhaps the widebody jet buying abseiler?

the article states, that the scaffolding was erected within last few weeks, which falls under the military rule and not the previous government.

this case was already reported before, just arrests came now.

and here on their accomplices, actually they were army officers:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Army-staff-implicated-in-missing-rice-30238527.html

"A Staff Judge Advocate on Tuesday brought a private and an army Sergeant to surrender to police for their alleged involvement in the case of 90,000 sacks of rice under the rice-pledging scheme that went missing from a granary in Pathum Thani province.

An inspection team set up by the military junta to inspect rice under pledging scheme inspected the Phoenix Argritech granary in Muang district recently and found that 90,000 sacks of rice had disappeared. A complaint was filed with police."

Just out of interest, how is that when the same media organisation reported 91,000 sacks of rice were missing one month ago they were valued at 69 million baht, 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/738167-troops-find-91000-sacks-of-rice-missing-from-a-pathum-thani-warehouse/#entry8030122 )

yet now that 98,000 sacks are reported having been stolen, they are worth 98 Million Baht? A 32% rise in value in one month, impressive.

Guess the PTP plan to raise the world price for Thai rice by withholding stock had some merit after all coffee1.gif ( I couldn't find a tongue in cheek emoticon................)

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Just out of interest, how is that when the same media organisation reported 91,000 sacks of rice were missing one month ago they were valued at 69 million baht, 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/738167-troops-find-91000-sacks-of-rice-missing-from-a-pathum-thani-warehouse/#entry8030122 )

yet now that 98,000 sacks are reported having been stolen, they are worth 98 Million Baht?

Guess the PTP plan to raise the world price for Thai rice by withholding stock had some merit after all coffee1.gif ( I couldn't find a tongue in cheek emoticon................)

PTP plan to raise the world price for Thai rice by withholding stock, that you were a rabid fan of, was a very silly idea. It could never have worked, and was pointed out countless times by the forum's more knowledgeable posters.

There are many grades of rice, jasmine, sticky etc and with differing water contents and stages of preparation that could give a wide range of values per sack. You see, by applying common sense, many of the matters causing you such confusion and angst can be easily thought through and solved.

• Like 2

Thai at Heart post # 16.

What? They nicked some rice. U think this is some major national conspiracy? Strewth 

Now if memory serves me correct you had or may still have interests in Thailand. How would you feel if the property stolen was your as opposed to the states property?
A thief is a thief no matter who they steal from or on who's behalf.

Anything created by the Shinwatra clan is tainted by the Shinwatra clan touch and is  basically suspect.

Shake hands with a Shinwatra and their  fellow clique members and then count your fingers to see that you still have four fingers left along with your thumb too.

Why are you jumping up and down about the shinwatras?

They rented a warehouse, it got inspected, they got arrested. This has absolutely nothing to do with Yingluck. This obsession with her is insane.

There is corruption from a sides of the coin in Thailand , and whilst I have little doubt the shins are a dodgy bunch, this is a local theft of rice.

If you held everyone in life and business in Thailand to the same level as you hold the shins there wouldn't be anyone left in govt or business in Thailand.
  • Like 2

the article states, that the scaffolding was erected within last few weeks, which falls under the military rule and not the previous government.

this case was already reported before, just arrests came now.

and here on their accomplices, actually they were army officers:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Army-staff-implicated-in-missing-rice-30238527.html

"A Staff Judge Advocate on Tuesday brought a private and an army Sergeant to surrender to police for their alleged involvement in the case of 90,000 sacks of rice under the rice-pledging scheme that went missing from a granary in Pathum Thani province.

An inspection team set up by the military junta to inspect rice under pledging scheme inspected the Phoenix Argritech granary in Muang district recently and found that 90,000 sacks of rice had disappeared. A complaint was filed with police."

You've cracked it. PTP and Madame former and former caretaker PM/DM innocent. The army did it.Nicked all the rice to fit'em up.

But wait, were they water melon soldiers, or fake soldiers? Do these brothers or cousins (depending which article you read) really own the warehouses or are they fakes paid by Schhhhh you know who?

A private is no an army officer and a sergeant is a NCO btw.

So you think criminal gangs in league with the army were responsible for the rice thefts, nothing to do with the previous regime? whistling.gif

• Like 2

Good start, now for all the rest of them, please ! clap2.gif

Oh, and a lighter sentence should be offered, if they blow the whistle & give evidence in court on all the people higher-up, who were supposed to protect them. whistling.gif

meanwhile the former-Pm should hang her head in shame, "missing-rice, I see no missing-rice", pure negligence ! laugh.png

If it is proved that Yingluk has been behind this then a good jail sentence is needed.If she kows she is guilty, France will be a nice place for retirement.

The birthday party of gangster brother in Paris was just an excuse to flee her "beloved" country... She will not return  coffee1.gif

She was allowed to leave because putting her or her brother in jail is not acceptable. No rich Thai ever goes to jail as it is the ultimate loss of face so there is always a plan-b such as being moved to an inactive position, infinite appeals process, suspended sentence or even fleeing the country.

If they started actually jailing Thais with money they set a dangerous precedent and may even end up in jail themselves in the future and nobody wants that.

• Like 1