Thai military arrest army general for extortion

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly easy really of us posters( that's what we are talking about)---our views--  take your % from them.  I do.

You see riots in the street objecting???---you would if they were not doing a decent job believe me, and you would get the NORMAL average poster also objecting along with me.   This is all I know,   your thoughts are embedded already after 2 months-anti Army
Take a look at your own posts -not the independent  journalistic ones are they.

So what are they then?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I do not want to be involved with this sort of rubbish, after your nasty remark about a straight reply to ANOTHER poster, and you jumped in with both feet about,  quote "spewing nonsense as usual"   sorry if my posts do not fit your stance, I am prepared to give the army the benefit of the doubt after the diabolical governing of the PTP, anything is better.

Anything is better... Ohh the <deleted> you read on this websiteclap2.gif cheesy.gif

True, my ex mother-in-law without her broom would run and coven ( govern better)    breath of fresh air up to now, it must be hurting you terrible.

To everyone who is praising the general / military. .remember we only see news that they allow us to see. Nobody knows what is really going on behind the scenes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dubai comes to mind with you saying that.

Fairly easy really of us posters( that's what we are talking about)---our views--  take your % from them.  I do.

You see riots in the street objecting???---you would if they were not doing a decent job believe me, and you would get the NORMAL average poster also objecting along with me.   This is all I know,   your thoughts are embedded already after 2 months-anti Army
So what are they then?

I do not want to be involved with this sort of rubbish, after your nasty remark about a straight reply to ANOTHER poster, and you jumped in with both feet about,  quote "spewing nonsense as usual"   sorry if my posts do not fit your stance, I am prepared to give the army the benefit of the doubt after the diabolical governing of the PTP, anything is better.

Well you are quit good at remarks yourself and accusing people to the left and right. Don't play the game then if you cannot take that people give you what you so often give them.

Your right I will not be playing your game.    Your attitude is not sweet, I told you about the remark and I have not answered any of your posts before that so you must belong to the sad few on here,    Spewing the USUAL you said, my posts are varied on TVF and get along quite well Thanks apart from the nasty minority.

There was a better more detailed report elsewhere this morning that said there had been complaints from the traders of extortion and the police and army set up a sting with the traders agreeing to hand over the money demanded at the hotel.

Seems the general arrived with his goon squad (enforcers) to collect and was caught with the cash in his hand.

Unlikely this is the first time but now, under new management, the first time anyone has dared to complain.

Lets hope more in similar situations dare to complain.

• Like 1

To everyone who is praising the general / military. .remember we only see news that they allow us to see. Nobody knows what is really going on behind the scenes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dubai comes to mind with you saying that.

"Nobody knows what is really going on behind the scenes"

"Dubai comes to mind with you saying that. ..."

And the US, UK, Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Myanmar, Germany, Japan  ...

Whistleblower Edward Snowden remains on the run from US authorities, leaving behind a trail of revelations. 

Official Secrets Act (1989) Law passed by the BritishParliament forbidding government employees to disclose information formally classified as secret

Edited by Suradit69

""But he said he took money from traders to pay the owners of the copyrighted goods," according to Burin, who added the general is now under both criminal and military investigation."

Hello this "Major-General Jenronnarong Detwan"  do I speak with Mr. Louis Vuitton? I have here 500 Baht for you!

and then Louis said: "no need good general, you can keep it!"

...and that will be his defense.

• Like 1

How would you know what the majority think about the junta? Spewing nonsense as usual.

So what are they then?

And your statistics are based on a very large assumption. Safe to say, you won't be getting the Pulitzer any time soon.

as far as Thai people are concerned, the published polls show that they are overwhelmingly in favour of the army at the moment. Personally, I have yet to meet a thai person who isn't verbally in favour of the coup, peace, and reform. I cannot say anything about what they are thinking.

Overall, I'd be going along with the view that a large majority of thai people are content with the current situation.

• Like 2

How would you know what the majority think about the junta? Spewing nonsense as usual.

We all know what would happen if anyone did try to organise serious protests. History can be used as a guide and the body count would no doubt make all the pro dictatorship posters happy. 

As for using the posts here on TV as a guide, lol. Surely even you realise that posts critical of said dear leader are not allowed. 

Back on topic, will gladly support this action if something comes of it more than a press release and assets and jail time are metered out. It is likely I will be able to fly my flying pig to Thailand and save the airfare first...

Super reply, latching on to a one lie comment, the posters on TVF did not reflect the Thai voters before BUT the general feel now is that it may.

I said before at this early stage-unless you have a fixed agenda- why would anyone want to be OTT critic. ???

I asked a few of this minority on TVF  leaving aside the personal view about the army, what have they done wrong to upset so many in 2 months.

most of these posters did not object to PTP/Yingluck in what they did.     Amazing minority on TVF

Sounds like a PR stunt.

It would to those who want it to be,  your anti army stance is showing well, welcome to the minority thinkers.

That would be the "Royal Thai Armed Forces". Since they and the NCPO and the Chief of State (according to the CIA), comprise the current government and at least part of law enforcement maybe it's time you got familiar with them (in a non-confrontational way, of course).

Everyone in the whole world knows Thailand is rotten to the core with corruption from the very top to the very bottom only difference the boys at the very top can pay their way out of serving any prison term in Thailand by paying someone else more corruption money, Major-General Jenronnarong Detwan will never spend a day in prison and will end up with a honourable discharge and a nice big pension pot to spend. THE END.    

Generals do not necessarily hold any particular authoritarian views. In America, three Generals of the Army (the highest rank in the US military) ascended to the Presidency. The first was George Washington. The second was U.S. Grant, and the third was Dwight David Eisenhower All three demonstrated unyielding commitment to democracy. Eight other generals became President with varying degrees of success and principled devotion to the republic. By far, the worst leaders had no military experience.

Before the Junta arrest one of their own the comments are "The Junta are corrupted and would never arrest within their own ranks" When the Junta arrest one of their own. It is a PR stunt.

If the police chief was not reinstated it would be a conspiracy by the DEM's and the courts. When he is, it is nepotism.

When the Junta found a small amount of weapons it was "An insignificant weapons find" When they found 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years it is "A fake news story".

Before the Junta paid the rice farmers it was "They don't care about the farmers" When they paid the farmers it was "They are a populist Junta"

These are the same people that said before there was any irregularities found in the rice scheme "This scheme is very successful as can be shown from the investigation that found no irregularities" When irregularities are found they say "5% irregularities is normal, just look at the Japanese rice scheme". When 10% is found they say "this is not he 3 million tons missing that the naughty DEM's suggested" When 15% of irregularities are found they say "this is solely the fault of warehouse owners and the PTP are innocent"

Now to sum up one be assured to have a rye smile and a warm inner confident glow knowing that they are right and the people that say "This is a PR stunt" are wrong when it is those same people that said "This reconciliation bill will bring reconciliation and peace to Thailand" followed quickly by a naive gullible "You just wait and see. This is a wonderful bill the PTP have engineered"

Well, I waited, I saw and can rest easy that "PR stunt" is written by some that would be more at home writing science fiction novels with entertaining endings that fly against any face of reason and logic. I call it PTP logic. 

An alternative and usually reliable news source reported....   that a group of Patpong market vendors on Thursday rallied around a general accused of extorting money from them, claiming Maj Gen Jennarong Dechawan, in fact, was helping them beat back a mafia group. So perhaps there is more to this story than meets the eye.

The implication of this, if correct, would be that his arrest is far more sinister than a mere "PR stunt".

If you don't like it, don't blame me; I'm only reporting what "the news source that must not be mentioned" reported.

If you don't like it, don't blame me; I'm only reporting what "the news source that must not be mentioned" reported.

Noway do I blame you. I thank you. I would love to buy you a beer at the wonderful TVF bar in Bangkok for what you said. That would be the Bangkok Post that reported what you said. Of course you can report this and funnily enough the Junta that some are saying is so media repressive is actually allowing these critical news reports to be reported. I appreciate with great gusto your inadvertent ability in showing the Junta as a fair and balanced Junta that allows news stories to be reported criticizing it. Well done and thanks for that. Love your work mate.

I look forward to this going to court and the man being found innocent if this is the case. Reason being is I respect democracy ergo respect the courts decisions. 

Isn't democracy wonderful. Pity we didn't see it under the Shin regime, but we see it under an apparent military dictatorship.

I thank the Junta for being proactive in this arrest, but most importantly I thank my dear friend Cthulhu for ensuring that we all know the Junta are more democratic that the PTP ever were.

So what are they then?

And your statistics are based on a very large assumption. Safe to say, you won't be getting the Pulitzer any time soon.

as far as Thai people are concerned, the published polls show that they are overwhelmingly in favour of the army at the moment. Personally, I have yet to meet a thai person who isn't verbally in favour of the coup, peace, and reform. I cannot say anything about what they are thinking.

Overall, I'd be going along with the view that a large majority of thai people are content with the current situation.

The average citizen is not affected by whoever is in power.  I doubt most Thais or farangs (apart from those suffering from the visa crack down) will have noticed any difference in their daily life in the last year.  A change of government only affects those at the top of the tree and this is what it is about.  I cannot believe how many so called intelligent farang (not that I have met too many here in Thailand) are so gullible.   

I was in Bangkok for less than 6 hours and I noticed sweeping changes in the capital. 

Look no further than my post here that highlight this.

Of course if it does not suit your agenda than feel free to denounce it like the denouncement of the economic strength of Thailand returning, the love by the population for peace over terrorist attacks and most importantly the voters actually being told the truth of where their tax payer money went in regards to the rice scheme.

Average citizen not effected?? These are worlds spoken by the same ilk that said "Just wait and see, this reconciliation bill will bring peace and stability"

You, again, are flying against reason, logic and facts. The PTP's 3 greatest enemies. 

It is your ilk that call people gullible when they state that terrorist attacks encourage tourist numbers, but peace and stability brought on by the Junta retract for them.

That is PTP logic right there, but of course I am gullible for suggesting it right!! 

That is a rhetorical question…Why? Because I know I'm right. 

Edited by djjamie