Cancer awareness in thailand

minted50

Hello,

Can anybody point me in the direction of a hospital or clinic that is throat cancer friendly.

I was diagnosed with throat cancer after living in Pattaya for 3 years, so I left Thailand and

came back to uk for treatment. I have now had the surgery ( laryngectomy ) and breathe

through my neck.

I wish to return to Thailand after my treatment is finished, which will be about December

time, and in case I have a problem or need spare parts, I need a place I can use.

I have looked internet but no good.

Thank you in advance. Sorry I'm not much good at writing stuff down.

In North Thailand, The Lampang Cancer Center is one with good reputation in the country....If it is not a coveniente location for you, at least you may get a good referral...

Edited by umbanda

If it is just for  tracheostomy supplies/care, any large hospital can do that.

Should there be a recurrence of the cancer you would want a head and neck surgeon.

You do not mention where in Thailand you will live. If in the Bangkok area, there is a Head and neck cancer clinic at Bangkok Hospital.  https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/centers-and-clinics/Head-Neck-Cancer-Clinic/index.php

Need to consider how you will finance medical care while here, it can be costly. Costs will generally be higher in the Pattaya area than in Bangkok but by no means low at the latter.