Connection for tablet

BillyBobThai

Being something of a Luddite in my elder years,  how does one of these tablet type computers make connection?  I would like to get one but am opposed to having to get another service.  The router that I currently have has an antenna on it,  can I use my current service for this.  Thanks

Luddite1.jpg

I'm guessing the router is for wifi and if so all tablets use wifi so yes you can connect for free at home

Agree - you may have to make some configuration changes to the router depending on what router and how it's currently set up.  For example, just because it's got the antenna doesn't automatically mean that the WiFi is enabled (unless of course you're currently connecting to it via WiFi rather than wired)

I suggest you get some local help to show you and PLEASE change the default WiFi password to something you know and others don't!  Often manufacturers leave them set at something obvious like "password"

Good luck!

Fair warning;  your peaceful Luddite existence will be in deep jeopardy once you acquire such a device.

Terms such as "Jelly Bean"  "insufficient memory"  "swipe" and "bricked" will require significant adjustment of understanding.

A whole new set of issues will disturb your serenity: see "bricked" above.

You will find yourself compulsively entering IT marketplaces uttering words such as "Upgrade" and "Quad-Core" and your bedside reading will turn from the classics to promo's for the latest 3G packages.

Enter at your own risk. 

• Like 1