Thaksin 'not responsible' for Return To Thailand In 2016 prediction

webfact

Thaksin 'Not Responsible' For Return to Thailand in 2016 Prediction
By Khaosod English

14068118581406812503l.jpg
The cover of a book titled "Thaksin Will Return In 2016." [Photo posted by Panthongtae Shinawatra].

BANGKOK — Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s son has denied media reports that his father handed out books titled “Thaksin Will Return in 2016" at his birthday party in France.

According to reports by Daily News and Manager ASTV, the self-exiled former PM implied that he is eyeing a return to Thailand by giving away the books at his 65th birthday party over the weekend. But Mr. Thaksin’s son, Panthongtae Shinawatra, denied the reports in a Facebook post today.

"The rumour that this book was distributed in my father's birthday is baseless,” Mr. Panthongtae wrote. "Let me emphasize here that - although I have not seen the content inside the book - my family is not involved in the book, regardless of what the authors wrote about my family in a positive or negative way."

According to the book’s publisher, "Thaksin Will Return In 2016" is a collection of astrological predictions about a number of politicians.

Mr. Pangthongtae added that he is worried that the rumour will cause "misunderstanding,” especially "during the atmosphere of reconciliation, when all sides want the country to be at peace and order." He also wrote that he wished to see the military return democracy and civil rights to Thai people very soon.

Mr. Thaksin was ousted in a 2006 military coup and later fled the country to avoid convictions of corruption. He has been living in exile, mostly in Dubai and Hong Kong, but is believed to retain significant influence over Thai politics. Politicians allied to Mr. Thaksin have won every election since his ouster, including his sister Yingluck Shinawatra, who served as Prime Minister from 2011 to 2014.

Although Mr. Thaksin is deeply respected by many rural poor and urban working class Thais, he is despised by a coalition of middle and upper class Bangkokians, who view him as a corrupt, “anti-monarchy tyrant.” Mr. Thaksin's critics have fiercely opposed any attempt to grant the former PM amnesty and allow him to return home.

Since staging the coup against the government of Thakin’s sister on 22 May, Thailand’s military junta has harshly cracked down on the network of Mr. Thaksin's supporters, known as the Redshirts. Scores of activists, politicians, and academics perceived to be allied to the Redshirts have been summoned and detained by the military.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1406811858&section=11

[khaosod]2014-08-01[/khaosod]

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course he's responsible.  If he hadn't have left, there would be nothing about him coming back!

I'm sure the NCPO would arrange a full honour reception were he to arrive at Swampy tomorrow.

The Laksi jail for political prisoners his sister build seems near empty, he would have the place nearly all to himself and his 'servants'

• Like 1

A return of this megalomaniac will cause untold problems for Thailand, Thaskin is a disrupting influence , he is like a problem child in a classroom and should be kept as far from all the children as possible, the problem gets far more far reaching if the problem child gets lead poisoning, then TAT will have finding tourists numbers very hard indeed. bah.gif

• Like 1

former PM implied that he is eyeing a return to Thailand by giving away the books at his 65th birthday party over the weekend."The rumour that this book was distributed in my father's birthday is baseless,” Mr. Panthongtae wrote.

Not true. The birthday guests had to pay 299 baht per copy.

"Let me emphasize here that - although I have not seen the content inside the book - my family is not involved in the book, regardless of what the authors wrote about my family in a positive or negative way."

"We did not do it, I did not see it, we can't understand it, let me stress that I am negative about this in a positive way!" Thanks for clearing this up, Oak...

Denial.

A  proven trait of  any Shinwatra even when all of the facts prove 100%  that their actions and comments were not nor ever were or ever will be in anyone's best interests but their own  Shinwarta interest.

There is of course a possibility being as the  weighty tome is based upon numerous astrological or astro illogical predictions that Thaksin  may come back as a casket case as opposed to a basket case.

As usual we see and hear Oak making comments from behind which it seems is his favourite position for statements and actions.

Also it would be interesting to consider the source of the article, a fourth estate publication with somewhat of a bias to romanticism where  the Shinwatra's are concerned.

So what is the proven trait of the owner of "Daily News and Manager ASTV", Sondhi Limthongkul? Go on, have a guess. No, not avoiding jail (though he is very good at that), it's attacking Thaksin in any way, shape or form he can, including starting rumours like this. Of course, it's what you want to her so disregard the source and Believe.

Oh, by the way, your pathetic innuendo about the alleged sexual orientation of his son is so obvious

"As usual we see and hear Oak making comments from behind which it seems is his favourite position for statements and actions."

Aren't you in the slightest bit embarrassed by your attitude - if not, I can only put it down to your age?

It's almost as if Thaksin is worried about being forgotten. Judging by the poor artwork and general naffness of the book cover, this must be another masterpiece by the crying Lieutenant Sunisa L.

My favourate Thaksin book is the one he had written to portray himself as a man of the people. It is hilarious. Easily googled, will have you laughing in disbelief at his humble upbringing slaving away in his Dads coffee shack and then riding to school alone through dark roads on a rickety push bike. Just brilliant!

I 'Googled', 'Thaksin autobiography' and didn't find it. Will you please supply a link or key words to use on Google?

Thaksin news keeps the forum obsession with the man going.

Thailand's first prime minister to serve a full term in office.

Thailand's first prime minister to win two consecutive landslide election victories.

Thailand's first prime minister to be re-elected.

Thailand's first prime minister to pursue an election campaign based on policies to benefit the country's poorest people and regions.

Thailand needs him back, as you will no doubt start to realise in a few months time.

• Like 2

It's almost as if Thaksin is worried about being forgotten. Judging by the poor artwork and general naffness of the book cover, this must be another masterpiece by the crying Lieutenant Sunisa L.

My favourate Thaksin book is the one he had written to portray himself as a man of the people. It is hilarious. Easily googled, will have you laughing in disbelief at his humble upbringing slaving away in his Dads coffee shack and then riding to school alone through dark roads on a rickety push bike. Just brilliant!

This is the only bio I found, so far.

http://mangozeen.blogspot.com/2009/07/thaksin-bio.html

I 'Googled', 'Thaksin autobiography' and didn't find it. Will you please supply a link or key words to use on Google?

Jaidam is basing his scorn on a Thai Rak Thai Advert before the 2001 Election. To understand that, let's face it, electioneering piece in it's context, it might be worth reading this:

Pasuk Phongpaichit and Chris Baker in “Thaksin: The Business of Politics in Thailand” look carefully into Thaksin’s background and note that by the time of Thaksin’s birth his family was “well off and well connected” (page 34) although notes (page 36) for a period of time that the family fell on hard times after Thaksin’s father was apparently cheated by a business partner and Thaksin’s early schooling was at a nursery at a local temple and that Thaksin helped his father in the businesses they had. Pasuk and Baker then note (page 36 again) that the hard times were “relatively brief” because after three years at a local school Thaksin later went to Montfort College which they describe as “one of Chiang Mai’s most established, prestigious, and expensive schools” for the rest of his education.

BP: Thaksin was never poor. He was born into a well-connected family, but through circumstances his family became middle-class for anywhere between three to five years before rejoining the Chiang Mai upper classes. BP should point out that this is Chiang Mai “upper classes” and while it is correct to describe Montfort as an expensive school for Chiang Mai, the cost of tuition fees pales in comparison to an international school in Bangkok.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/59487/thaksin-yingluck-abhisit-and-rural-thailand/