VIP Bus Accepting a small Dog?

raybarrell

I would like to bring a small dog from Udon Thani to Pattaya on a VIP bus or ordinary one. But the carriers I have asked do not accept  animals!.

I ask is there a bus carrier that will accept a small animal on their bus? Any help will be appreciated .Thank you.

Take a non VIP bus or 3rd class train. They are full of live chickens and all sorts. However if the dog is in a proper dog carrier they should let you on the VIP bus with a bit of a financial incentive. Talk to the driver. What about a mini bus?

• Like 2

Most buses say no pets. I took my dog on a big bus and a mini bus.

When I went to the mini bus the driver said 200baht for the dog and the big bus actually wanted to put my dog under the bus with the luggage lol. I just chuckled and gave him 200baht and all of sudden dogs were allowed on the bus. ;)

I would expect to pay between 100-500baht depending on the driver and the distance. But I bet some buses will just straight up say no.

When I went to the mini bus the driver said 200baht for the dog and the big bus actually wanted to put my dog under the bus with the luggage lol. I just chuckled and gave him 200baht and all of sudden dogs were allowed on the bus. wink.png

I would expect to pay between 100-500baht depending on the driver and the distance. But I bet some buses will just straight up say no.

Sunglasses and a cane might save you the cash ….

We took our pup back home to Buriram from Mo Chit the bus driver said has to go in the hold we said give you 300 baht same as the ticket and away the three of us went.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I went to the mini bus the driver said 200baht for the dog and the big bus actually wanted to put my dog under the bus with the luggage lol. I just chuckled and gave him 200baht and all of sudden dogs were allowed on the bus. wink.png

Sunglasses and a cane might save you the cash ….

Ya that's it. This is my seeing-eye chihuahua which is also handicapped.

It seems very inconsiderate to take your dog on a VIP bus. People pay the extra for comfort, usually so they can sleep. Who wants to be stuck near some stinking yappy dog?

First of all, there is nothing 'VIP' about these buses and these aren't soi dogs..

It seems very inconsiderate to take your dog on a VIP bus. People pay the extra for comfort, usually so they can sleep. Who wants to be stuck near some stinking yappy dog?

And there are a lot people who are allergic to dogs.....even if you aren't 1 allergic keep all the others awake.

Don't make your problem everyone else's. When I travel VIP I certainly don't expect pets to be traveling with me lapdog or not. Unless this is a service dog, seeing eye etc I have no sympathy for your plight.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app
  • Like 2

[quote name="TeeKay" post="8200212" timestamp="1407208913"]Don't make your problem everyone else's. When I travel VIP I certainly don't expect pets to be traveling with me lapdog or not. Unless this is a service dog, seeing eye etc I have no sympathy your views are of no concern to me

Try Greyhound......https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greyhound.com%2F&ei=Ye3hU9aqMo2HuASFs4KQCw&usg=AFQjCNFBtrVZe3X7Xco8E_juAT1epyjxUg&sig2=T8n38vgHAN1UsIP-DnirJg&bvm=bv.72197243,d.c2E

Greyhound have Buses in Thailand ... w00t.gif

Heck, I learn something new everyday on this Forum.

Greyhound is in USA, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app