new build condos website

I wouldnt trust anyone anywere offering a gauranteed income as an incentive to buy property. We once took up a groupon offer and paid $150 or so for a week in a resort in Samui. On Day 2 came the hard sell. "These properties rent for $1000 US a week" we were told, and the service charge was a ridiculous $300 USD for the week of the timeshare we were offered (thats $15,000 USD a year).They couldnt explain why they let us stay for $150 when they could easily rent it for $1000 a week, neither could they explain why the service charge was $15,000 a year when the service charge in my BKK condo is just about $500.

If it sounds too good to be true....

I wouldnt trust anyone anywere offering a gauranteed income as an incentive to buy property. We once took up a groupon offer and paid $150 or so for a week in a resort in Samui. On Day 2 came the hard sell. "These properties rent for $1000 US a week" we were told, and the service charge was a ridiculous $300 USD for the week of the timeshare we were offered (thats $15,000 USD a year).They couldnt explain why they let us stay for $150 when they could easily rent it for $1000 a week, neither could they explain why the service charge was $15,000 a year when the service charge in my BKK condo is just about $500.

If it sounds too good to be true....

You obviously didnt listen to the 5 hour hard sell pitch you were given. The $300 isnt just for servicing the apartment, this payment includes your membership to RCI or other company and the many benefits that offers. This is a major problem in the timeshare industry, people just dont listen carefully enough to make a judged decision and why there is so much bad publicity around the industry. Nothing to do with the company, more to do with half wit customers they have to deal with.tongue.png

I wouldnt trust anyone anywere offering a gauranteed income as an incentive to buy property. We once took up a groupon offer and paid $150 or so for a week in a resort in Samui. On Day 2 came the hard sell. "These properties rent for $1000 US a week" we were told, ....

It's agent-speak. When you hear/read things like "these rent for xxx" or "these sell for yyy" they actually mean "these are advertised for rent at xxx" or "these are advertised for sale at yyy". The figure that they actually sell or rent at is, of course, unknown and probably much less. Or it may even be that they don't sell or rent at all at any price.

Guarateed income is very easy to provide you.

You buy the property at the price they ask and they guarantee X in rent. So, you rent at Y and then hassle with them for a few years, they may or may notvmake up the difference.

Or as PP has stated, they rent it for you and then chg for mnt, agent, cleaning...and get it that way. New flats rent ez. Three years in and the place looks like hell...buh-bye!

After three years, you are stuck with an overpriced condo and they have simply lowered the price if the condo 100k from their top asking price.

mmmmm...duh Edited by Mencken