Pit Bulls attack almost kills a woman

Lite Beer

This won't make one bit of difference to most because those that hate this breed will never change their mind. The whole pit bull debate has always and will continue to be extremely polarising. For those that are interested this balances things a little and makes for some good reading http://bslnews.org/pit-bull-heroes-hall-of-fame/

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy has the right attitude to these killers, he shot one who was attacking his dog and himself after finding it impossible to stop by any other means. The continual 'it's not the dog it's the owners' excuse is utter nonsense and is no solution. Everybody thinks they are a good owner and has brought these killers up properly, until that is little Tyson, Thor or Lucifer takes somebodies throat out, as somebody said you can't take the dog out of the dog. 

I'm seriously thinking of starting a group called something like "killthepitbulltoday".

Annonymously - of course. My invitation remains, nonetheless - PM me and I will be more than happy to meet you both to continue the debate and after that I will at least respect your opinions. At the moment, I have to say that you are doing yourselves no favors with your childish remarks. I am free this afternoon ?

This guy has the right attitude to these killers, he shot one who was attacking his dog and himself after finding it impossible to stop by any other means. The continual 'it's not the dog it's the owners' excuse is utter nonsense and is no solution. Everybody thinks they are a good owner and has brought these killers up properly, until that is little Tyson, Thor or Lucifer takes somebodies throat out, as somebody said you can't take the dog out of the dog. 

I'm seriously thinking of starting a group called something like "killthepitbulltoday".

Annonymously - of course. My invitation remains, nonetheless - PM me and I will be more than happy to meet you both to continue the debate and after that I will at least respect your opinions. At the moment, I have to say that you are doing yourselves no favors with your childish remarks. I am free this afternoon ?

Why on earth would I want to meet with you? Most owners I've known with pitbulls have been violent themselves, usually skinheads.

How many pitbulls do you have and why did you buy them? Is it to intimidate your neighbours or some other people? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are perfectly safe pitbulls, if it is possible to have any 100% safe fighting dog. There are bred to be aggressive -  it's in their genes. I suppose with an excellent trainer, qualified psychologist and meditation master, they can rid themselves of their terrible affliction but I certainly wouldn't want to put myself at risk by choice. Sadly, as surely even you as an owner would admit, most owners are not responsible people.

So what t do?

I'd start by taking all the animals and putting them in a large fenced area and let them get on with what they enjoy doing.

Fine the owners. 

Now, the real criminals, IMO, are the breeders. They are worse than drug dealers. They should be charged and sentenced as severely as heroin dealers.  

I understand that people care about their pets and I also understand that there are certainly Pit Bulls who are not vicious but the facts speak for themselves.

More than half of all fatal dog attacks are caused by just two breeds, Pit Bulls and Rottweiler. It's time to recognize that these two breeds are too dangerous to keep as household pets.

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why on earth would I want to meet with you? Most owners I've known with pitbulls have been violent themselves, usually skinheads.

How many pitbulls do you have and why did you buy them? Is it to intimidate your neighbours or some other people? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are perfectly safe pitbulls, if it is possible to have any 100% safe fighting dog. There are bred to be aggressive -  it's in their genes. I suppose with an excellent trainer, qualified psychologist and meditation master, they can rid themselves of their terrible affliction but I certainly wouldn't want to put myself at risk by choice. Sadly, as surely even you as an owner would admit, most owners are not responsible people.

So what t do?

I'd start by taking all the animals and putting them in a large fenced area and let them get on with what they enjoy doing.

Fine the owners. 

Now, the real criminals, IMO, are the breeders. They are worse than drug dealers. They should be charged and sentenced as severely as heroin dealers.  

There is a lot of " stereo typing " in your comments about Pit Bulls and the media have created this stigma and then folk jump on the bandwagon in threads like this. My opinion is an informed opinion as I have kept Staffies and American Bully's for most of my life, nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion too. Irresponsible breeding is a problem that is not just confined to the Pit Bull Breed, it applies to to many breeds. A lot of effort ( past 15 years or so ) has been committed to breed out the aggressive blood lines of the Pitts - it is a tough job and I doubt it will ever be totally eradicated, but I still stand by what I have said before; - " the owner and the environment play a bigger part in the dogs temperament and character than the genetics it was born with. "

All I can do is try too prove to you that this is possible - and that is why my offer to meet with you remains
open.
Have a pleasant Sunday.
  • Like 1

I understand that people care about their pets and I also understand that there are certainly Pit Bulls who are not vicious but the facts speak for themselves.

More than half of all fatal dog attacks are caused by just two breeds, Pit Bulls and Rottweiler. It's time to recognize that these two breeds are too dangerous to keep as household pets.

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If we were to have only 1 death per year caused by dogs - then that is already 1 x death too much. This may sound a strange question- but would you rather be shot by an air rifle or an AK47? The likelihood of you being bitten by a Pitt Bull or Rottweiler are significantly less than you being bit by a poodle, Yorkshire terrier, jack Russell and many other small breeds. My point is - the powerful breeds are much less likely to bite you in the first place, but when they do it will hurt and it will make the headlines, it will be interesting news and sell newspapers etc, but the " fatality stat " has to be put in perspective with daily life - you are at much more risk of being bitten by the " toy dogs " - and this is a fact you can also research for yourself.
  • Like 1

I will make this my final post because the amount of ignorance and bigotry on this subject is near overwhelming. Lets make one thing clear every dog with  "bull" or "terrier" in its name traditionally was involved in some sort of animal baiting or blood sport even the smaller breeds like yorkies and jack russels were used to kill rats and rabbits. In this respect they were all bred for their gameness and ability and in fact a majority of dogs as science tells us clearly that Genetic analysis shows that most terriers are in the "modern/hunting" genetic cluster of dog breeds developed from the same pool of ancestors in Europe in the 19th century. A few terriers are found in the "mastiff" genetic cluster with PomeraniansLabrador Retrievers, and other large-headed dogs, and the Tibetan Terrier is found in the older grouping of Asian and African dogs, along with the Pekingese.[3]    So a majority of dogs come from a fighting background. Therfore if you wish to be so quick to kill the Pit Bull it would be a good idea to kill every dog that came from that genetic pool as the all traditionally had similar abilities. Secondly pit bulls were bred for their tenacity, agility and athleticism not fighting ability. This notion that pit bulls drop out of the womb as natural born killers or fighters is preposterous. That is the equivalent of saying that every human is a Mike Tyson, Chuck Liddell or Royce Gracie. Fighting dogs like drug detection, guard, special needs and attack dogs need to be trained, conditioned, taught and instructed over a long period of time as these are learned behaviours. Labs just don't drop out as perfect guide dogs. Truth be told even after selective breeding by dog fighters ( abhorrent as the sport is) and hundreds of litters and thousands of dogs very few were actually "good" at it. The last thing I would like to say is that it is 100% the owners fault another ridiculous proposition is that pit bulls just "snap" one day. A dog by definition is a pack animal and takes all its cues from the pack leader i.e. the owner. So if the dog is in a violent aggressive pack a violent aggressive dog will be produced regardless of breed. Conversely if a dog is raised in a peaceful, happy, social environment a social happy dog will be produced again regardless of breed. It is easy to pull stuff of the net both positive and negative about these dogs. As I said before the truth lies somewhere in the middle but the onus is completely on the owner as the dog will only act on behaviours it has been taught. wai2.gif 

• Like 1

Oh F... it I couldn't help myself, because this is Thailand specific. 150 people are killed by falling coconuts every year so you are 60 times more likely to be killed by a palm tree than a pit bull. So I want to start a killapalmtreetoday website. Natural born killers those damn coconuts.

• Like 1

I will make this my final post because the amount of ignorance and bigotry on this subject is near overwhelming. Lets make one thing clear every dog with  "bull" or "terrier" in its name traditionally was involved in some sort of animal baiting or blood sport even the smaller breeds like yorkies and jack russels were used to kill rats and rabbits. In this respect they were all bred for their gameness and ability and in fact a majority of dogs as science tells us clearly that Genetic analysis shows that most terriers are in the "modern/hunting" genetic cluster of dog breeds developed from the same pool of ancestors in Europe in the 19th century. A few terriers are found in the "mastiff" genetic cluster with PomeraniansLabrador Retrievers, and other large-headed dogs, and the Tibetan Terrier is found in the older grouping of Asian and African dogs, along with the Pekingese.[3]    So a majority of dogs come from a fighting background. Therfore if you wish to be so quick to kill the Pit Bull it would be a good idea to kill every dog that came from that genetic pool as the all traditionally had similar abilities. Secondly pit bulls were bred for their tenacity, agility and athleticism not fighting ability. This notion that pit bulls drop out of the womb as natural born killers or fighters is preposterous. That is the equivalent of saying that every human is a Mike Tyson, Chuck Liddell or Royce Gracie. Fighting dogs like drug detection, guard, special needs and attack dogs need to be trained, conditioned, taught and instructed over a long period of time as these are learned behaviours. Labs just don't drop out as perfect guide dogs. Truth be told even after selective breeding by dog fighters ( abhorrent as the sport is) and hundreds of litters and thousands of dogs very few were actually "good" at it. The last thing I would like to say is that it is 100% the owners fault another ridiculous proposition is that pit bulls just "snap" one day. A dog by definition is a pack animal and takes all its cues from the pack leader i.e. the owner. So if the dog is in a violent aggressive pack a violent aggressive dog will be produced regardless of breed. Conversely if a dog is raised in a peaceful, happy, social environment a social happy dog will be produced again regardless of breed. It is easy to pull stuff of the net both positive and negative about these dogs. As I said before the truth lies somewhere in the middle but the onus is completely on the owner as the dog will only act on behaviours it has been taught. wai2.gif 

Interesting as I recently posted about my aggressive German Shepherd in the Pets forum.

I assure you I am not aggressive in the slightest and our dog was raised in a happy, peaceful home in the countryside with 4 kids.

German Shepherds have many good points like intelligence and being good as guide dogs.

The only positive thing I can think of about Pits is as guard dogs because of their sharp teeth and unstable personality.

• Like 1

oh and finally for those that love pulling stuff off the net here is the supreme court ruling that upheld the decision there was no genetic evidence that any dog was more dangerous than another solely because of its breed  http://www.dontbullymybreed.org/StopCourtRuling.php  enjoy which set the precedence to fight BSL in other states and other countries such as Australia.clap2.gif

oh and finally for those that love pulling stuff off the net here is the supreme court ruling that upheld the decision there was no genetic evidence that any dog was more dangerous than another solely because of its breed  http://www.dontbullymybreed.org/StopCourtRuling.php  enjoy which set the precedence to fight BSL in other states and other countries such as Australia.clap2.gif

Do you workout and have tattoos by any chance?

Well I do try and keep in good shape as I don't drink. I swim a lot and occasionally go to the gym and I have a tattoo. That must make me by definition then a sub human, moronic violent thug right? like all pit bulls are killers, all Muslims are terrorists, all Irish people are drunks and all expats are old, poor deviant pensioners that prey on young bar girls correct? It amazes me how many simple minded people love to try and paint these mindless generalisations into broad brush strokes so that "all" of us fit into one small box or category that makes it easy to hang a label on someone. The world is far more complex than that mate but I appreciate you trying some deprecating humour at my expense. Water of a ducks back champ but thanks for your scintillating input on this subject and your expert analysis of my character. Cheers.

Well I do try and keep in good shape as I don't drink. I swim a lot and occasionally go to the gym and I have a tattoo. That must make me by definition then a sub human, moronic violent thug right? like all pit bulls are killers, all Muslims are terrorists, all Irish people are drunks and all expats are old, poor deviant pensioners that prey on young bar girls correct? It amazes me how many simple minded people love to try and paint these mindless generalisations into broad brush strokes so that "all" of us fit into one small box or category that makes it easy to hang a label on someone. The world is far more complex than that mate but I appreciate you trying some deprecating humour at my expense. Water of a ducks back champ but thanks for your scintillating input on this subject and your expert analysis of my character. Cheers.

LOL, you be telling me you like  The Boot Boys, No Remorse and A.C.A.B  next!

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=skinhead+with+pitbull&espv=2&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KRDeU8CpJMm5uASY-oLwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1008&bih=452#q=pitbull%20skinhead&tbm=isch

• Like 1

Purely by coincidence, this afternoon, 2 Young children ( English ) that have just moved in to our Village came to my gate and asked if they could take my dogs for a walk. I had to laugh and tell them that these dogs were too strong for them unless an adult was present at the same time. Out of nowhere their mother appeared in a panicked state apologizing for her children and trying to drag them to the safety of their home about 300m away done the road. After some idle chit chat and trying to reassure her that the dogs were friendly and her kids were just being sociable, I persuaded them to come inside and say hello to us properly. After a coffee and and a few biscuits ( most of which they fed to the dogs ) they were jumping in the pool and playing fetch ball with the dogs. Husband comes along and joins the fun and asks me what breed the dogs are as they are already in the pool at this point. When I told him I thought he was going to have a heart attack and he was caught in a state of shock, horror and disbelief that his 2 young kids were in a swimming pool with my 2 Bullies.
2 hours later ( they have just left ) they are asking me if I can keep them informed when we will next mate them because they would like to buy a pup. No bites, deaths or headlines here I am afraid - but good fun had by all and a nice way to round of this thread I think. Not all are good and not all are bad - just like many other species and human beings. My male dog is now laid under the towel that the kids put on top him after they had dried off - I think they will all sleep well tonight !
  • Like 1

When I told him I thought he was going to have a heart attack and he was caught in a state of shock, horror and disbelief that his 2 young kids were in a swimming pool with my 2 Bullies.

Not really surprising surely given the dogs very long list of fatal attacks on children, not yours of course, they will be 'different', like all the others that killed kids. 

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 2

Oh F... it I couldn't help myself, because this is Thailand specific. 150 people are killed by falling coconuts every year so you are 60 times more likely to be killed by a palm tree than a pit bull. So I want to start a killapalmtreetoday website. Natural born killers those damn coconuts.

Would one of your pitbulls attack somebody that was trying to physically cause you harm?

Serious question.

Would one of your pitbulls attack somebody that was trying to physically cause you harm?

Serious question.

It was his last post in this thread about 5 posts ago laugh.png

Purely by coincidence, this afternoon, 2 Young children ( English ) that have just moved in to our Village came to my gate and asked if they could take my dogs for a walk. I had to laugh and tell them that these dogs were too strong for them unless an adult was present at the same time. Out of nowhere their mother appeared in a panicked state apologizing for her children and trying to drag them to the safety of their home about 300m away done the road. After some idle chit chat and trying to reassure her that the dogs were friendly and her kids were just being sociable, I persuaded them to come inside and say hello to us properly. After a coffee and and a few biscuits ( most of which they fed to the dogs ) they were jumping in the pool and playing fetch ball with the dogs. Husband comes along and joins the fun and asks me what breed the dogs are as they are already in the pool at this point. When I told him I thought he was going to have a heart attack and he was caught in a state of shock, horror and disbelief that his 2 young kids were in a swimming pool with my 2 Bullies.
2 hours later ( they have just left ) they are asking me if I can keep them informed when we will next mate them because they would like to buy a pup. No bites, deaths or headlines here I am afraid - but good fun had by all and a nice way to round of this thread I think. Not all are good and not all are bad - just like many other species and human beings. My male dog is now laid under the towel that the kids put on top him after they had dried off - I think they will all sleep well tonight !

If you expect anyone to believe this yarn, you fit the profile of a Pitbull Terrier owner.

• Like 2

These pit bull owners whose children were attacked by their dogs, thought their dogs were safe around children and it could never happen to them:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26131934
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8389013.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7878393.stm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-27895274
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27884258

• Like 2

If you expect anyone to believe this yarn, you fit the profile of a Pitbull Terrier owner.

You keep on making bold statements don't you ! All you need to do is accept my offer to meet and I will also take you to the house of the kids. It's as simple as that really ?

These pit bull owners whose children were attacked by their dogs, thought their dogs were safe around children and it could never happen to them:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26131934
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8389013.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7878393.stm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-27895274
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27884258

If I was to take a couple of minutes myself, I could also give you a list of similar photos of attacks made my different breeds of dogs. To my knowledge, no one that is " pro-Pitt Breed " has suggested that were perfect and not guilty of these crimes. You are missing the point, all powerful breeds are capable of causing and have caused similar damage, what we are saying is that it is the people that have to take the responsibility for not conditioning their dogs. Dogs that attack and kill unnecessarily are made - not born!
  • Like 1

This really boils my blood. I hate Thai bigshots, especially cop bigshots who act like they own the world and get away with everything just cause they're cops/rich. They build huge homes with their extortion and bribe money and take no consideration for people around them, such as owning 6 notoriously violent dogs without the proper care, training, and precautions. I say eye for and eye justice: One of the dogs should be killed at the scene for the owner and the other dogs to watch (like the poor chained dog was murdered). Then the rest of the dogs should be sent off to Isan to be slaughtered for butchering in the markets. Then the owner should be banned from owning pets ever again and should be given the choice to either be violently maimed as the woman was, or to pay for all the victim's surgeries and bills at the best hospitals and compensation for her terror and turmoil. I wonder what he would choose, and I wonder if people would think twice before buying a natural born killer dog (much less a whole pack) if they knew they would be held responsible for its actions no matter how big of a bigshot they are.