bamboozled

Here are 2 very good ones (both right near each other):

1. Dr. Piyapong (Mohr Aaa)
Ban Mha Ka Maew Animal Hospital
Mahidol Road
Pa Daet, Mueang

2. Metta Animal Hospital on Chiangmai Land right near Chang Klan

All doctors at the clinic are good

I'll second Ban Mha Maew Animal Hospital. We've been using them for 8 years and never disappointed with their work. They even come to your house if you choose which makes it easier for us when our 5 dogs need shots. The two doctors we've always dealt with speak very good English, http://banmhakamaew.com/about_en.php .

map: http://www.chiangmaiplaces.com/map/871-ban-mha-ka-maew-animal-hospital

Thanks, guys. It sounds like Ban Mha is the place...I do quite like the name "Metta Animal", as well. I was hoping to find a place on the north side of the city since that's where I'm located but Mahidol is really not too far and going there will not be an everyday occurrence so I don't suppose the trip will do me any harm. The cats I'm sure will appreciate some good care, too.

Thanks again, cheers, Bamboozled

If Meechok Plaza is convenient then go to the vet in the small shops section. She is very attentive, professional and speaks excellent English. My cat goes for shots four times a year as well as having immune booster shots to combat her leukaemia. Not expensive and well worth considering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You say in the North part of the city so there are a couple of good ones in Sansai. The above post recommended the clinic in Meechok Plaza. The Doctor/owner is Mohr Am. She is young, perhaps 2 or 3 years out of medical school but very competent. For simple things she would be a good choice. She speaks fluent English. There is another veterinarian in Ruam Ckoke Market. Her name is Dr. Jung. She is an expert in feline medicine and studied in Australia. She used to work at Thonglor in Bangkok. But her clinic is very tiny, procedures are limited there and her English is also very limited. She has at least 10-12 years experience and is extremely competent. Finally, Dr. Piyapong from Ban Ma Kha Maew Hospital has an evening clinic from 18:30-20:30 M-F evening on the road going to the Sansai Post Office (2nd set of townhouses on the left coming from the Mae Rim-Doi Saket Road). But he can only do limited procedures there like injections, etc, as he is there alone.

Fantastic! Now it's becoming tough to narrow down the field. I was secretly hoping someone would come forth and say the clinic situated on Thanon Chotana almost across from Tanin market is great as I can almost hit it with a stone from my house. It would sure be convenient. Do any of you know anything about it? I think it's called Chang Phuak Animal Hospital or something of the like.

Here are 2 very good ones (both right near each other):

1. Dr. Piyapong (Mohr Aaa)
Mahidol Road
Pa Daet, Mueang

2. Metta Animal Hospital on Chiangmai Land right near Chang Klan

All doctors at the clinic are good

As far as I am concerned, Dr. Piyapong at the Ban Mha Ka Maew Animal Hospital is the only vet in Chiang Mai. He also comes highly recommended by the voluntary dogs shelters of Chiang Mai.

Speaks perfect English and trained as a vet in the United States. Most of his medicines are imported. He also has proper professional trained staff that can handle the most difficult pets. Certainly not the cheapest vet in town, but for those who really love their cats and dogs should not risk taking them anywhere else for medical care. Trust me on this one.

255/10-12 Mahidol Road
T. Padad A Muang
Chiang Mai
053-205155
053-204215

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/chiang-mai-hospitals-clinics-3329:ban-mha-ka-maew-animal-hospital

http://banmhakamaew.com/about_en.php

Edited by Beetlejuice