what do I bring for retirement visa?

I am going to the U.S.Embassy to get an income verification form notarized so I can get my retirement visa. Since I am American I know this is all I need and NOT also a bank statement or anything showing a bank account balance as do the Brits (sorry Brits), but I would like to know, what do I bring to the Thai Embassy, forms, pics,copies,etc and the process. 

You will need nothing but your passport and a completed income affidavit (you sign it in front consular officer). You swear an oath that if is true and correct.

You can find links on this page to either fill it out online or download it and do it by hand. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html

You will need to make an appointment before going to the embassy or you will not get through  the front door.

You will applying tor extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You may also need proof of residence dependent on where you apply for the extension.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with 4cm X 6cm a photo attached.

Download for form in doc format. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

PDF http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

You will need to print the form two sided.

You should also bring backup info to support you income affidavit with you to immigration , pension statements, bankbook showing money transfers, etc.  Be prepared to show it if asked.,  Most offices do not require it but some do.

Yes, you may be required to produce bank statements that show that you are receiving the required amount from pensions, annuities, etc. deposited in your account on a regular, recurring basis. I had to show them at my first retirement extension. Of course, you may have a certain amount deposited in a Thai bank account which will decrease the amount of monthly pension required. The specifics are posted at the top of the Thai Visas forum.

Agree per all of the above, and I would second the backup info for copy of bank book, they want to see such in Phuket. Also, bring a good attitude. Thais hate confrontation, and arguments will never help your case. Don't need to grin and grovel, just good neutral, cooperative business attitude.

You should also bring backup info to support you income affidavit with you to immigration , pension statements, bankbook showing money transfers, etc.  Be prepared to show it if asked.,  Most offices do not require it but some do.

Phuket requires some sort of back up papers in addition to the us notarized from.

what do I bring to the Thai Embassy

Do you mean at Immigrations? There are no Thai embassies in Thailand.

You'll need:

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Best to print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper.

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy and/or original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances.

Good idea to bring along bank book & photocopies of pages even if you are using the income option.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien.Different offices have some different views on this.

Download TM.7 here:  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

Edited by Suradit69

This is what I use and expanded over the years.

It is just a simple guide but it works well enough for me as I renewed my visa extension on 24th July 2014 at Nakhon Sawan Immigration office.

[attachment=277847:Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.pdf]

[attachment=277848:Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.xls]

[attachment=277849:tm7visa extension form v01.doc]

[attachment=277850:Acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay.jpg]

[attachment=277851:Acknowledgement terms for permit of temporary stay.jpg]