Police purge Motorbike mafia

Lite Beer

Police purge Motorbike mafia

BANGKOK, 4 August 2014 (NNT)-The Royal Thai Police has launched three measures to solve the problem of mafia-style extortion gangs controlling the motorcycle taxi service.

Pol Lt-Gen Ruangsak Jarit-aek, the assistant police chief, said that as part of a crackdown last month in efforts to regulate public transport services in Bangkok, the department has introduced three stricter rules to restrain police from becoming involving in extortion.

There will be proper codes of conduct for officers and police to deal with private transportation services or taxis in order to prevent police from taking bribes. Secondly, the police involved in any wrong doing will face serious charges as will their commander. Groups of police will be on patrol to prevent other police from making illegal gains.

The Police agree with the military council’s idea of regulating public transport and have been cooperatively working with each other.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rqyBfPGGLw.web
-- NNT 2014-08-03

• Like 2

Unfortunately it is not only the police in on this racket, there's a load of juveniles roaming the scene doing the same extortion tricks, spanning the length of Thailand, this is rife all over the place, if you are in the know, the thing that matters most is the police will clean this side up and leave their side alone, therefore not purging anything but getting rid of opposition.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Police purge Motorbike mafia???...They are the mafia!!...Oh my Cod!!

I know, most of the night clubs here around thong lor that close super late, the massage parlors, are a circle of 20 higher position police mafia. I guess they are trying to eliminate competition more like it?

In my humble opinion, for the Police to Police the Police may not be such a good idea, as it can cause friction in the long run between the ranks. Perhaps a better idea is to put the Police on a commission bases, whereby the Police can earn a commission of, let’s say, 10% of the value of each fine they impose on offenders on top of their salaries, this should help in making the police more active and in deterring taking bribes. Don’t you think?

In my humble opinion, for the Police to Police the Police may not be such a good idea, as it can cause friction in the long run between the ranks. Perhaps a better idea is to put the Police on a commission bases, whereby the Police can earn a commission of, let’s say, 10% of the value of each fine they impose on offenders on top of their salaries, this should help in making the police more active and in deterring taking bribes. Don’t you think?

Agree with you,have thought that for some time.

BUT,why not take this further?

Dont pay the police at all. Make them self-employed collectors of fines for law-breaking. Arrest the wrongdoer,take to station where the lawbreaker can state his case,and if he's unsuccessful,pay-up!.

The fine money goes into a pot which is paid out at the end of the month.

Indeed have a station competition where the guy who gets the most' buisness' gets a bonus.  tongue.png tongue.png

In my humble opinion, for the Police to Police the Police may not be such a good idea, as it can cause friction in the long run between the ranks. Perhaps a better idea is to put the Police on a commission bases, whereby the Police can earn a commission of, lets say, 10% of the value of each fine they impose on offenders on top of their salaries, this should help in making the police more active and in deterring taking bribes. Dont you think?

Agree with you,have thought that for some time.
BUT,why not take this further?
Dont pay the police at all. Make them self-employed collectors of fines for law-breaking. Arrest the wrongdoer,take to station where the lawbreaker can state his case,and if he's unsuccessful,pay-up!.
The fine money goes into a pot which is paid out at the end of the month.
Indeed have a station competition where the guy who gets the most' buisness' gets a bonus.  tongue.png tongue.png

Could be wrong, but I do see a possible, minor flaw in this plan.
  • Like 2

I once thought the military takeover would stamp out the mafia's

I no longer believe that

Stamping out crime is much like becoming educated. Both take time, commitment and resources.

I prefer to wait, watch and applaud the changes.

The problem is, the people who are the problem, are now free to purge the problems within the problems, which means,

they have less opposition to their positions of power,

the military needed to set up anonymous reporting procedures to instill real fear in the offenders,

now, the offended, do not know who they can trust,

it is no different then going to the gestapo to complain about the eisenzgruppen

in order to have stamped out the mafia's in all aspects of thai society, it requires, is mandatory, that the oppressed, the extorted, had the capability to report on their extorters, without the fear of being further extorted, driven out of business, tortured, forced to give their daughters away, etc.

now, a business will report they are being extorted, and, it may cost him his life,

giving the police back their power is a real relief to them,

they now see the coup, was a farce and will be free to continue, busines as usual, just like my friends have been saying to me all along,

the coup, hurt the people, if this is the way it is 

Edited by SteveFong

"three stricter rules to restrain police from becoming involving in extortion"

that says it all ... the police is the maffia and doing the extortion ...

so where does one go to complain about THEM ?

why is there no police of/for the police in this country?

• Like 1

Where i live at the moment, if a thai murders another, the parents pay and the culprit is told to shave their  hair off and stay away for about six months.

Its the norm and has been going on for years, ill watch this one with interest !

• Like 1