Tarit's resort homes in Khao Yai demolished

webfact

Bet you didn't see that one coming....

wondering why no one did see a demolition team there on Monday, it would not have been that 100 Cambodians came on foot, with spoons to demolish the 2 houses quietly, there must have been some heavy machinery involved, and especially now that the mention all wood was removed from the place.

If found that the already corrupt head of DSI was involved in this, will he be charged with polluting a national park as well??

Looking to the picture, he should.

Satisfying to see Tarit, who together with his boss has done more to undermine the judicial system than anybody in living memory, get his come-uppance. But, this is small fry. Why can they not chase the big encroachment cases, I'm thinking of 1,000 rai stolen from a temple donation and now an elitist country club called Alpine? Come on Prayuth, this is the time to sort out Alpine before the 20 year statute of limitations expires(20 years because it is stolen temple land).

Why concentrate on the Alpine Country Club, did they turn down your application for membership? Couldn't possibly be a Thaksin connection could it?

Your recollection (if that is what it is and not just a rehash of anti Thaksin BS) of the circumstances surrounding the land that eventually became the Alpine Country Club is imaginative if nothing else. Even an anti Thaksin piece in The Nation blog provides a more accurate account of the land acquisition then your fanciful "1000 rai stolen from a temple donation" rant.http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=15288 )

If you want to rant at somebody, rant at Snoh Tienthong, who was Interior Minister at the time (under the PM, General Chatichai Choonhavan). Snoh ordered the Temple's inherited land (which the Abbot wanted to sell as it was not anywhere near the temple, Wat Thammikaramvaraviharn) to be transferred to the Mahamongkut Foundation, who were the new Inheritance Guardians appointed by Snoh.

On August 21st 1990 the Alpine Real Estate Co.Ltd. and Alpine Golf and Sports Club Co.Ltd. bought the land off the Mahamongkut Foundation, paying 142 Million Baht. They developed the land into a Country Golf Club along with prestigious housing and then 8 years later sold the land to Thaksin for 500 million baht.

What would you want the junta to investigate?

I'm not well up on the law covering all of this so will the demolition be deemed enough or are charges concerned illegal encroachment and building available ?

If charges are possible the question is will they be followed through on ?

• Like 1

So he owns the land, but doesn't know who built houses on it. Lordy, lordy, the BS this man expects people to believe is outstandingly sad.

It was said: "He said the two home buildings, which are connected to land legally owned by former DSI chief Tarit encroached on the foothills of Pa Khao Sied-Ar national forest reserve."

I read that as next to his land, not on it.

• Like 1

The intrusion of the national park into Tarit's houses was politically motivated. Trees are green you know? wink-wink; I would say more but then I would be banned from Thaivisa and deported to Siberia.

The Shins lap dog gets a taste of real justice, I am waiting eagerly for news of  Chalerm being brought to heel.

And by the way what  is our dear old pal Chalerm doing these days? Sitting in the back of his pink Bentley while connected to an IV cocktail of fine wine and ear medicine while talking to his Swiss banker?

• Like 1

So he owns the land, but doesn't know who built houses on it. Lordy, lordy, the BS this man expects people to believe is outstandingly sad.

It was said: "He said the two home buildings, which are connected to land legally owned by former DSI chief Tarit encroached on the foothills of Pa Khao Sied-Ar national forest reserve."
I read that as next to his land, not on it.

Hmm possible reading I guess, not mine, but certainly possible.

Mind, headline does refer to Tarit's resort homes.

I hope the left over debris will be cleared of the land. And nature restored...it's so sad to pass so many places filled with crap all over thailand.

Clean up the property and deduct the costs from tarit's bankaccount.

BANGKOK: -- Two resort homes believed to be owned by former Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdit were quietly demolished to the ground, two days before forestry officials would begin demolishing them tomorrow (Wednesday).

During the period Mr Tarit began his tough mission to press insurrection charges against protest leaders, forcing them to cry foul over his alleged power abuse to persecute political opponents to the Yingluck regime.

So  nice to see that the paragon of law and order under the Shinwatra clan decided to be proactive at last and actually act in an honest fashion.

I certainly agree at rooting out wrongdoing whoever is involved. You are not suggesting that only those associated with the Shinawatra's are involved in this type of wrongdoing, are you? In all honesty, I have hope but strong question if there will be an equitable deep cleaning, on the basis of Thai history.
  • Like 2

BANGKOK: -- Two resort homes believed to be owned by former Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdit were quietly demolished to the ground, two days before forestry officials would begin demolishing them tomorrow (Wednesday).

During the period Mr Tarit began his tough mission to press insurrection charges against protest leaders, forcing them to cry foul over his alleged power abuse to persecute political opponents to the Yingluck regime.

So  nice to see that the paragon of law and order under the Shinwatra clan decided to be proactive at last and actually act in an honest fashion.

I certainly agree at rooting out wrongdoing whoever is involved. You are not suggesting that only those associated with the Shinawatra's are involved in this type of wrongdoing, are you? In all honesty, I have hope but strong question if there will be an equitable deep cleaning, on the basis of Thai history.

Sometimes goes both ways doesn't it.?

Gen.,Surayud Chulanont.

He has been accused of forest reserve encroachment (a charge that was not investigated since the statute of limitations had run out by 2 years) and illegally acquiring train carriages for display in his forest home.  Wiki.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/338436-surayuds-khao-yai-thiang-home-demolished/

• Like 2

And next will they be going after some of the land deals a recently ordained monk was involved in? Get that property back and give it to the poor as intended? I am sure there are all sorts of properties the yellows acquired during their fleecing periods. Maybe statute of limitations up since they haven't won election in such a long time...

The DSI has lost he's investigative powers, tell me Tarit , how can someone unknown build two resort homes on your property and you say you do not know who put them up ,you handle the truth carelessly and  I call you sir a liar, just how much in your earlier position of DSI, did you lie, you, your family need investigating, liar.bah.gif