Thaivisa.com to meet with Immigration Commissioner

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the person on overstay was sick, has the paperwork from hospital, and has been living on overstay with his thai girlfriend unable to come up with the money to pay for the overstay fee or the flight home.  And now he has received a remission check from his home country that can pay for all of that plus obtain a new visa.  Would there be any consideration to use judgement for individual cases and help those who honestly had a bit of unlucky times?

• Like 1

My question is,

Will the Minister take the 4 pages of questions (at least so far) on notice if the interview time is too short or the questions require further investigation or consideration.

I am grateful the Minister will enter in any questions at all.

Best regards

the word enter is meant to be entertain

Edited by Nuddy

Regarding Immigration Act, Section 37 about reporting changes of residence: "The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as prescribed by the Director General."

What are the current conditions prescribed by the Director General ?

• Like 1

1). Will you tell ALL colonels to clear through one General all things regarding aliens...instead of each Colonel causing confusion from different provinces?
2). Will you police the police with regards to demanding Passports from people without cause?
3). Will you explain if I am on a Yearly Retirement Status...and doing 90 day reports that I have to report every time I visit Phuket or Pattaya from BKK for a few days? Edited by IAMSOBAD

Could you find a way to help people living here in Thailand with their Thai family, but working as a consultant for foreign companies located abroad (IT nomads)?

It's very hard to find high qualified english speaking Thai who accepts to work with small companies. The 4 staff rule doesn't really make sense in that case because we simply cannot find them.

Is there a way to help some of us who wish to have legal existence and pay taxes instead of staying in the clandestinity?

• Like 1

What is the number of times in one year that you can enter Thailand with a 30 day visa exempt stamp. I was told by immigration officials at airport when I entered that since this was my 3rd entry in 2014 that I may not be allowed to come back

Same question but asking for further clarification -

1.  If there is such a rule, what is a "year" - the present calendar year or the last 365 days?

2. If there is such a rule, does it apply to everyone or just those coming from neighbouring countries?

3.  If there isn't a restriction based on number of visits in one year, are there any other restrictions planned and, if so, what are they (full details)?

Will there be a minimum period that you have to be out of the Kingdom between re-entering on a visa exempt each time. Some people come to the Kingdom to be treated at regular intervals in a Thai hospital and really need to know that they can still do that. (Medical tourism)

• Like 1

Thank you, for the opportunity to ask  a couple questions.
With a Non-immigrant "B" Visa (good based on multiple entry for a year).
and a work permit (also good for one year)
Why must we leave Thailand every 90 days?
Can we simply check in with Immigration, to re-verify address?
It is a burden on business to have only a 90 day entry.
and
What is required to qualify for the 3% Withholding tax (under Section 40 of the Revenue Code)
Thank You.

• Like 1

I think the whole freelancer, working online, stock trader question would not just help a lot of us, but would also help the Thai government receive tax income and also have people that earn money spend money in Thailand. Please bring this up.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Expats living and working in Laos (valid stay permit and work permit) and drive to Thailand by car with Lao registration numbers crossing the boarder in Nong Khai and having visa exemptions 30 days would like to clear the situation with travelling to Thailand by car for vacations. At the moment the officer at Nong Khai border immigration refuses entry if your trip to Thailand (by car with family) is over 7 days. Thank you

My question...please define back to back...if my habit has been to visit Thailand 5 or 6 times a year, 3 or 4 weeks each time, stay home/away a month or so and then return to Thailand, can I continue this or do I need alternative arrangements?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

Is there any intention of clearing up the situation of people telecommuting to jobs abroad while in Thailand?

I.e. my boss in London OK'd my working from home for a month during the school holidays, and was even OK with me doing it from our house in Thailand (my wife is Thai, so my visa isn't an issue), but the HR department said no because they weren't sure it was legal without a work permit, but obviously as I'm employed in the UK, they can't get me a Thai work permit. (The HR people did seem to think if I was on holiday in Thailand and got called up and needed to log in and do something that it would be OK, but the law appears to be the same to me in both situations). Edited by bkk_mike
  • Like 1

Would it be possible for the commissioner to have all Immigration Offices apply  uniform visa rules as the main Bangkok Office and not have local Commander ignore the official requirement.

Sure an Officer can make aditional request if he suspect something wrong but not make it an "non-official rules" for everybody!

At the moment . we all know that some Immigration Offices request  un-needed documents: for exemple,  one office still require a medical certificate for retirement or mariage visa  and that rules has beed cancelled  long ago.

Another exemple  is the 90 days reporting....some office request only the passport and give you a receipt, some want photocopies of passport pages, even one request 20 bahts fee for the receipt....

Note: all those exemple taken from Thai visa forum posters.

Can a widowed Vietnamese woman whose husband was a Thai man, get some sort of consideration to apply for visa to stay here and also be allowed to work.

The immigration police act does not reveal any way.

The example is my Thai family employ a Vietnamese woman who is married to a Thai man.

This is acceptable by all authorities concerned.

The Thai husband dies.

The widow now cannot work here nor really can she legally stay here.

I am grateful that we have been given the opportunity to pose questions.

Thank you all concerned.

• Like 1

When applying for extension of stay based on marriage and using 400k baht in the bank as proof of funds, is a requirement to keep the money in the account while on the consideration period of 30 days, after the application has been successfully submitted to an immigration office or may it be withdrawn during the consideration period ?

I really have big problem with the renewal of my passport. I will have to get an emergency passport and I need to enroll at a language centre at the same time. In the mean time, while being on the emergency passport, what visa will they give me? What guarantee will I then have of not being deported later because of this problem? What is the likelihood of being deported, and if so, will I be allowed to return and after how long? I just really want to know what to do? How to proceed?

The current immigration rules require a foreign worker to exit the country within 7 days of his work permit being resigned. This means that when a foreign worker changes jobs, he must exit the country and apply for a new non-B visa in his home country or a neighboring country. Isn't this unnecessary and actually an undue burden on foreign workers who are living in Thailand legally and contributing to the country's economy? Why not allow a foreign worker to extend his non-B visa for 60 days, if he can show he has a job offer from a new company which is in the process of applying for a letter of approval from Labor or the BOI for a new work permit? Don't you think Thailand should make the rules easier for foreign workers who are living in the country legally and trying to comply with the law?

Agree with this questions if you want to change jobs or another company offers you a job it's a real pain to change everything over. Usually have to leave the country which should not be needed. Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

1. How should backpackers or touring cyclists/motorcyclists, who often travel spontaneously without a plan, prove that they are tourists, and why should they have to? They may have no or few hostel bookings, and money on a savings account back home connected to a bank card. They may plan to leave at a land border to go to the next country, but cannot say exactly when and where. 

2. What about long term travelers, who may travel for more than a year, perhaps several years, and want to come back to Thailand several times during their big adventure? They will have more than one tourist visa in their passport.

3. Will there be any proper visa for people who want to stay and live off their savings (longer than 6 months), but are not students, 50+, married or businessmen (and not rich enough for Elite card)?

4. Why doesn't Thailand focus more on finding illegal workers at the actual workplaces, rather than suspecting everyone with a special profile at borders? It seems to be a poor way of filtering out the unwanted. Illegal workers can still learn how to get around the filter and many others who just contribute may be kicked out or just scared off to other spending destinations like Malaysia or Cambodia.