Thaivisa.com to meet with Immigration Commissioner

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has already been asked, but is there any chance immigration might consider issuing some special visa for online workers (freelancers who can't afford to set up a company), or at least make it somehow easier for us to stay here long-term? I'm sure many people in my situation would be happy to pay taxes and freelance here 'legally' if it was possible.

1) Would you consider extending the 7-day visa extension period when changing employers? (It is usually not possible, or very difficult, to arrange all paperwork within 7 days when losing a job! However, it would be illegal for an employer not to cancel the work permit immediately after an employee is leaving the company. It is difficult enough for people when losing a job - and is getting even more difficult when having to leave the country immediately!)

2) After a single / double or triple entry tourist visa: Is it allowed to apply for a new tourist visa immediately after the last one expired? (if yes - are there any restrictions?)

• Like 2

Is working online and generating money offshore (no Thai customers) defined as 'working illegally' in Thailand

If yes, would this also include stock/equity trading on a foreign exchange?

Edited by alocacoc

Will having property, land legally purchased through a Thai Company, with a substantial value and the expat having lived here for a considerable number of yrs, ever be taken into consideration for a visa. ?  Outside the same expat having enough monthly income to meet the present requirements.

• Like 2

Two of my main questions would be

1) could you please end the confusion regarding overstay. and especially in cases of apprehension. The forms you have publsihed, or are making people sign, clearly states that in case of apprehension, any overstay "less than one year" leads to a potential five year ban, yet others seem to believe this only applies to people who have overstayed "more than 90 days". Including one officer from Sadao who was quoted saying words to that effect in a Phuket newspaper.

2) What exactly is your intention regarding visa exempt ? The requirements you are publishing talk about the nationalities that qualify, proof of onward travel within 30 days and a financial requirement of 10K/20K. Yet all of a sudden there seem to be an unwritten requirement which is geared towards people being suspected of "working illegally" without any clear indication as to what the criteria are which triggers such suspicion. One would think, maybe the amount of time already spend in Thailand would at the very least be such trigger. Yet, no such triggers have been communicated.

People showing up at your border, and complying with all the written requirements, should not be turned down, just because they are suspicious based upon criteria they have no knowledge off.

As it is a legal (mandatory) requirement for aliens to report any and all changes of address, WHY is it necessary to do 90 day reports (on a retirement visa)? This is just (it seems to me) duplicating an already existing rule which, as a disabled veteran, I could well do without. Further, how is a postal report legal? Quite apart from never trusting my Passport to the postal system, according to other rules, I am NOT allowed to be without my passport - as it MUST be available on demand - by the Police, etc? Thanks, and kind regards.

• Like 2

If you have PR, would the commissioner consider a work permit that allows Frangs with PR to do work overseas, using computers, ie to access computers in another country and perform work for that company whilst sitting in Thailand.

I believe that this would attract a lot of people to Thailand that would earn a good income and spend it all in Thailand, so it would help the Thai foreign currency reserves.

• Like 1

Are tourists still granted a less than 24 hour grace period at Suvarnabhumi Airport?   My understanding is this was the policy in the past, and it may still be so today.   For example, if my passport is stamped for the fifteenth, but I pass immigration before midnight on the 16th will I be charged with overstay?

• Like 1

I would also like to ask this question. I work freelance writing reports on a regular basis for two organizations, one in the UK and one in Istanbul.  My income is therefore generated outside Thailand but I would be happy to pay tax in Thailand if it would be mean I could stay without all this uncertainty.

1) Could they review or come up with a visa that will benefit expats earning income from oversea and wishes to pay taxes and also call thailand their home away from home ? since getting PR status is a long and tides process

2) If NOT Will they review and maybe come up with a installment plans for ppl to purchase thai elite card (i know people will say there is gonna be ppl abusing this if so. Maybe come out with somthing like 3 mths review just like the ED visa. and for those who didnt made their payment the visa would be cancel ?) 

Above is the 2 question i would like to ask. Thanks !

• Like 2

If and when it is decided to revise  the minimum amount required for an extension of stay for retirement purposes from 800,000 baht, will there be a transition period (as people currently have this money sitting on deposit for three months ready to lodge their re-application) from the old amount to the revised amount and if so how many months would this transition period be?

I will add that any post that is not a question will be removed without notice,

Cheers ears.

Mine will be about us 28/28's that have no kids or family that basically like to live in Thailand on our 28 off, obviously under 50

i go to chonburi immig. what are the rules for services. seems there is alot of paperwork for every different task, 90 day, re-entry, residence and etc. why all of the duplicate paper copies? will there be uniform rules for all immig. offices.thank you

• Like 2