Thaivisa.com to meet with Immigration Commissioner

Sawasdee Krap ! I would like to know if i must hold a work permit if for example i export Thai products to other countries. If this type of buisiness is being encouraged by the Thai Authorities to bring foreign currencies to the country. Thank you for your reply

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in for my 90 day report today and they had a couple new wrinkles i.e. signing in on a sign in sheet and signing the date stamp when my 1 year comes up for renewal. I am going back in in September for my one year renewal. My question is are they any more surprise changes in the one year renewal that were not there last year. I booked online and just dread to have the interviewing officer say OOOP'S you missed this come back another day which is a real pain in the butt.

Sawasdee Krap !

I have read that somebody in this forum is claiming for ID cards for expats and those who are on retirement living in Thailand, this is a good idea, it can be issue against payment in a different color to those of Thai, this will be much easy to avoid them to carry their passport constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

My situation is that I don't work (anywhere) and spend about 45% of my time in Thailand and the remainder in the UK. I go to Thailand about 5 times a year and have been using visa exemption until now. I own a condo in Thailand which I regard as a holiday home. I would explain my situation as having two homes, the main one in the UK, the secondary one in Thailand.

Do I qualify to be regarded as a tourist and thus eligible for visa exemption?
  • Like 2

Can expats that work offshore and stay in Thailand on their time off get a certain type of visa?

Can expats that are married to Thai wives get a new type of visa instead of one that has them having to leave the Kingdom every 90 days?

Can both of the above requested new type of visas be available whilst in Thailand, instead of having to leave the Kingdom to apply? For example if you marry a Thai national you can apply for a non O visa whilst still in the Kingdom. Also make the non O visa for 1 year solid and not 90 days at a time

I personally don't mind paying the extra cash to have a solid 1 year visa.
  • Like 1

Maybe a hair off topic, But visa related.

will the Teachers' Council of Thailand  again offer the tests we need to take as (non B.Ed.) degree holders to get our Teaching Licenses and therefore qualify for work permits and Non-B  extensions?

What are about foreigners, living and working legally in Thailand more than 5 years, married with Thai woman more than 20 years, making important contributions to the Thai society and spending more than 5 million Baht per year in Thailand:
Would this kind of people be eligible for a shortcut to PR and citizenship in the near future ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pattaya was quiet before the crackdown, and its EVEN more quiet than ever since the crackdown and change of rules.

I was in immigration today its usually packed.  It was really quiet today for the first time in years that I have seen it.

Damage is being done to businesses and hotels etc etc etc - no customers!

• Like 1

As Thailaand is one country populated by Thais and the administrative regions are only a way of performing Thai Central Government activities in a local area would it be possible to ensure that there is consistency between all the regions and the documents required  for extensions are the same in all districts instead of the present way in which it is too possible for extra requirements to be added by a local officer the need for which seem to disappear if a box of cakes appears.  Most of us want to live here with our friends and new families but the constant worry about what more can be needed and the risk of having to leave the country and people we care for because of uncertain requirements is a worry.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to remove the 90 day report for Non-O and Non-B visa's? Please explain the necessity.

Would it be feasible to coach the immigration officers (especially in Chiang Mai) as decent civil servants? As a foreigner legally working in Thailand as an owner of a Thai Company Limited paying huge amount of taxes I am treated unpolitely and sometimes even rudely. It actually should not matter what position you hold as a foreigner; we just want to be treated politely and moreover correctly.

Would it too much to ask to announce any change of regulations regarding immigration laws at least 1 month prior and published? In Chiang Mai they change and apply house rules on the day itself and therefore causing much inconvenience to clients.

Would it be possible to train immigration staff as people working FOR and not AGAINST their clients?

Is there any proposal for the inclusion of permission to earn a living by immigrants who are not retired, married with children living in Thailand?   If not why not? Are not fathers entitled to earn a living for their family while here in Thailand?

• Like 2

I havent read previous questions so this might have been asked already:

If, as many Westerners do, one comes to Thailand as a tourist for the Winter on a double or triple entry tourist visa, and is not interested in visiting any bordering country, is out/in by land border going to be legal and acceptable after the August deadline? 

And if not why not as many of us want to spend all our Winter tourist time mostly in one place in Thailand?

There has already been a question regarding the long waits at Chiang Mai office.  I would like to add my observations from this morning.

Is the commissioner aware that unless one arrives at the Chiang Mai office by 6.30am, one is unable to get a number for counter-service that day and is advised to try again the following day?

Are there any plans to increase capacity/staff in Chiang Mai?

• Like 1

Is it possible to have an online centralized list of the documents required (and copies required) for each type of visa. It would save having to get more copies etc when applying for a new visa. Every time I renew my retirement extension something different is required even though my circumstances haven't changed which means a trip to the photocopy shop for another copy of something. If we could just look up the latest list on the internet it would save everyone a lot of waisted time.

Also a Thai retirement visa ID card with a computer centralised data base would be far better option than having everyone carry their passports with them especially considering how valuable they are to the criminal fraternity. The best place for a passport is in a safe secure place unless travelling across international boundaries.

Can you also clarify the requirements of reporting if travelling out of the province for more than 24 hours. It seems very over cumbersome to require retirees etc to report to local immigration / police if you want to visit the family in the village etc. Wouldn't some kind of automated system be better ie email or sms etc 

• Like 2

Would the Commissioner please consider discussing with other relevant authorities the possibility of making it legal for suitably qualified retirees to help their local Thai communities. For example I am a fully qualified retired teacher and have many Thai teacher friends who work in rural schools that cannot afford a native English speaker on the staff. I am often asked to help out, but sadly have to refuse because of my retirement extension status.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 2

Ref reporting when in another amphur. My wife was in hospital for ten days. I stayed with her the whole time. Should the hospital have filled out a form? Wife's mom died nobody did any reporting? There for 7 days. Get my drift. This reporting when visit(not living) family for a few days can't be right.

a. There has been repeated mention of "quality tourists". Just what does this mean? It is money, or something else?

b. There have been allegations that westerners are working illegally in Thailand. Are there any hard numbers, are these people in fact 'taking jobs from Thais'?

c. Is there a possibility of a straight monthly payment to reside indefinitely in Thailand?

As stated it should be harder for non legal people to stay in Thailand and more easy for those with a legit reason.

1. Should it not be more easy for a foreign husband to help his wife when working from home without fearing immigration.  I not mean working full time but step inn when wife handle kids, go shopping or help in the daily duties.. Its far from helping in to employ one full time. Today they only want a still sitting farang drunk in the household.

2. Legit long stayers should be able to help out and transfer future wisdom to Thailand as most foreign people are well capable to learn away some tings.

3. When legally pensioner in your home country should be recognized in Thailand even if we are under 50. Old age retirement is one ting but most countries also have disabled pension and so on.

4. Make different rules for different visa  
If retired you are retired -> No Work

If married to Thai -> allow helping hand work.

If ED visa -> show progress

Trow out the wrong people and make it more easy for those who are here on a legit reason.