Google Says จ้า Means bright, strong. But, In Phone Texts, Meaning Please?

GLOPglopMAmaTONG

It's a variant of the particle จ้ะ used as a replacement for khrap/kha when you're a bit more friendly with someone. Typically used between members of the opposite sex - not between men (unless gay).

It's a variant of the particle จ้ะ used as a replacement for khrap/kha when you're a bit more friendly with someone. Typically used between members of the opposite sex - not between men (unless gay).

Thank you so much, but what does it actually signify???

You mean, it is just informal?  If you know someone for some time, then you stop using Khun/Kha?

But, this is not how I saw it used in a text message.

I saw it used BY ITSELF.

That is, in a running text message, as a response to a running posting of messages.

(maybe sort of like saying "I see", I see.  But I know this is not what could have been meant. So, it must mean something else, I would guess.

Edited by GLOPglopMAmaTONG

The meaning is subtle and varies according to situation.

Some people do stop using khrap/kha after a time. See http://learnthaiwithmod.com/2011/02/speak-like-a-thai-polite-particle-ja/ for one Thai woman's description of how she uses it.

Used by itself it normally means "yes" (though really it's more like "I understand what you are saying, but I may not agree with what you're saying and I'm going to be polite").

Without proper context it's difficult to give a more definitive answer.

• Like 1

The meaning is subtle and varies according to situation.

Some people do stop using khrap/kha after a time. See http://learnthaiwithmod.com/2011/02/speak-like-a-thai-polite-particle-ja/ for one Thai woman's description of how she uses it.

Used by itself it normally means "yes" (though really it's more like "I understand what you are saying, but I may not agree with what you're saying and I'm going to be polite").

Without proper context it's difficult to give a more definitive answer.

Thanks for the link, which I bookmarked so I can refer to it when I see it again.

In my case, the utterance I noted meant   "used in isolation as a ‘yes‘ response;", 

I would say, now.

1. It's like yah, as in "uh huh, yah" It is often replaced with a grunt. It is just one of those sounds we make when we get lazy or really informal with our speech. Often used in phone conversations.

2. It is a replacement for ka, especially in the north. and it is used in the same way, can be polite or informal.

It is mainly a word ladies use.

• Like 1

1. It's like yah, as in "uh huh, yah" It is often replaced with a grunt. It is just one of those sounds we make when we get lazy or really informal with our speech. Often used in phone conversations.

2. It is a replacement for ka, especially in the north. and it is used in the same way, can be polite or informal.

It is mainly a word ladies use.

จ้า.... ( I am grunting here)

Yes, sure enough, you really nailed it this time, and now I do understand the whole,  text on the phone.  And, I am sure you are correct.

จ้า, จ้ะ are informal of ค่ะ, ค่า

Thai people will not use จ้า for business talk, but only use among friends or family

for example

ไม่เป็นไรค่ะ   mai pen rai ka  = for anyone

ไม่เป็นไรจ้ะ   mai pen rai ja  = friends, family

it's also use by only "Ja" for meaning "OK" or "Yes" or "noted"

like the word "Hi" in Japanese  

จ้า, จ้ะ are informal of ค่ะ, ค่า

Thai people will not use จ้า for business talk, but only use among friends or family

for example

ไม่เป็นไรค่ะ   mai pen rai ka  = for anyone

ไม่เป็นไรจ้ะ   mai pen rai ja  = friends, family

like the word "Hi" in Japanese  

In my case:  noted is closes, I think.

The trend amongst the youngsters is to write จร้า

So then you of course have an r sound in the middle.

BUT, does it still retain the meaning discussed above?

No, it is a silent letter.

Same as จรง  ( jing ) true

จ้า, จร้า = express she agreed or acknowledged with you in the informal(cute) way, esp, between the gf/bf.

But it also means from Good to Bad depend on the contexts. i.e. if young woman says "จ้า" as a respose to the elder lady then she will look down her as a impolite person. 

So, "จ้า" uses only between gf/bf/family