Do Thai teens act stupid like American teens?

benj005

The fire challenge has gripped America. A lot of teens are doing it hoping that they become internet famous. The fire challenge goes like this. You pour nail polish remover on your bare chest and light yourself on fire. It's normally done near a bathtub or pool so if the fire gets out of hand they can extinguish it quickly. A lot of times the fire burns quickly, and the teens who do this stunt get 2nd and 3rd degree burns.  

Are Thai teens engaging in this stunt?  If not, do they do reckless things like American teens?  

Edited by benj005

I have not heard of this one, either in the US or in Thailand.  But I don't doubt that some bonehead teenagers are trying crazy stunts to get attention.  Remember the "hitting random strangers on the head with a shoe" thing?  Some Thais did copycat that, but were not nearly as vicious as the ones I saw in the US.  So I would imagine if some bored kid somewhere saw this, they might try it.

I thought that after the guy who started the show 'Jackass' in the States went into a psychiatric hospital that the kids would reduce the idiotic self-harming stunts, but nooooo.... seems he simply tapped into what was at the shallow end of the gene pool.

Do Thai teens act stupid like American teens?

For the Americans cited, it's not an act. They are stupid.

Many will probably consider the burn scars as badges of honor and, given their intelligence, in a few years quite a few will probably end up in unemployment office queues and/or elected representatives in Congress .

I was wondering the kids in the UK, or the rest of Europe are as hopeless as in the US. It is such a rarity for me to meet a kid in the US, that leaves a positive impression. I have one friend who has a 4 year old girl, and a 10 year old boy, and they are both pretty impressive. But, the parents are more conscious that most, deny the kids access to TV for all but two hours per night, and allow the son to play on the computer for only one hour per day. It seems to have worked. It seems that screens, and devices could be the enemy of a healthy childhood, these days. Certainly, good quality parenting is necessary, and we just do not see a lot of that. I am very worried about the youth of Thailand too. They do seem a bit lost.