Newbie with (yet another!) Visa Query...

Hello there,

I've been lurking on here for a while as it is a very useful, concise way of finding out information about the Country.

So I'll begin with thanking all the regular posters for thier help thus far.. Kworpun Krap Mac mac!!

My girlfriend and I have been coming to Thailand for the last 14 years so we know the country fairly well and love it!!
However, on this trip we're having a little difficulty. We are both leaving Thailand for a week or so on the 26/08/14.

Our 30 days entry stamp expires on the 21/08/14. I've been legally advised that we can "extend for 7 days for with a Passport sized photo and a fee of 1900 Baht". This does seem rather a large fee though!

We are currently fairly close to the Mae Sot border. Given that we are still within the final cut off date for the new regulations 12/08/14. Would it be advisable for us to simply go to the border and get a 30 day stamp?

We had 2 x 30 day stamps seperated by 14 days in Myanmar.

We are both UK citizens and are aged over 40 (just!)

My concern is to do this and only recieve a 15 day stamp which would be no help at all.

Advice about re-entry by air on the 02/09/14 and what this should entail would be also be useful.

I can fully apreciate that people on here have enough on thier plates at the moment but any advice would be really useful.

I've done a lot of research into this but have found it mainly confusing/conflicting.

So, may I ask for your kind guidance and help.

Yours Anxiously

Rob

Apologies for putting this in the wrong place.. Newbie mistake.

Brit Doggie (thanks for the swift reply) When you say "4K", is that for border fees??

I'd read $10 to the Myanmar side? But maybe I'm getting confused with borders.

3800 vs 4000.. Not much choice for a budget tourist there.

Please advise.

I think he was including the cost of travel to the border in his post.

It does not matter if you do your border crossing now or later their will be no difference on the 12th. The new rules are already being used.

You should not have a problem with your history getting another 30 day entry at Mae Sai.