Best way to transfer money from Overseas

" .. . Hi I have been doing bank to bank TT but the fees are really high. Any ideas on ways to save money transfer fees, perhaps forex or is there any services that do this for less money than banks, and western union?

Thank you in advance.. . ."

Depends from which country that you are transfering funds from, and the may ways of doing it.
I transfer funds from my UK bank ( HSBC ) in Sterling, to my Thai bank account online, & the new rates are:-up to a maximum of 30,000 pounds per 24 hour period & the fee is 4 pounds, + you get approx 1 Baht ( = 2p approx ) extra after the money is converted to Baht for a small fee by your Thai bank.
The time from bank to bank takes around 4 hours ( but once,& only once ) it took 18 hours.

I want to transfer money from my online UK HSBC Bank account , when I try to set up the transfer and click the drop down menu asking which currency I want to transfer in ( I want Sterling Pounds ), there is no Sterling shown in the drop down menu selection , but it does show Thai Baht .

Any one know how to transfer money from a UK HSBC to my Thai bank in Sterling ?

TL wai.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" .. . Hi I have been doing bank to bank TT but the fees are really high. Any ideas on ways to save money transfer fees, perhaps forex or is there any services that do this for less money than banks, and western union?

Depends from which country that you are transfering funds from, and the may ways of doing it.
I transfer funds from my UK bank ( HSBC ) in Sterling, to my Thai bank account online, & the new rates are:-up to a maximum of 30,000 pounds per 24 hour period & the fee is 4 pounds, + you get approx 1 Baht ( = 2p approx ) extra after the money is converted to Baht for a small fee by your Thai bank.
The time from bank to bank takes around 4 hours ( but once,& only once ) it took 18 hours.

I want to transfer money from my online UK HSBC Bank account , when I try to set up the transfer and click the drop down menu asking which currency I want to transfer in ( I want Sterling Pounds ), there is no Sterling shown in the drop down menu selection , but it does show Thai Baht .

TL wai.gif

Just gussing, but do you have a pay a bill item and will that let you send GBP to Thailand?

• Like 1

TL wai.gif

Just gussing, but do you have a pay a bill item and will that let you send GBP to Thailand?

When first trying to send Sterling , I missed the '' GBP Equivalent '' in the drop down list , a kind TV member pointed it out to me thumbsup.gif

HSBC1_zps8fb563f5.jpg

HSBC2_zpsba03479e.jpg

• Like 1

Of course they could have just said Great British Pound vs saying Equivalent. But I expect that bit of camafloge fools some people into thinking they must send in a foreign currency which ends up giving the customer a lower exchange rate and makes a nice little profit for the bank.

• Like 1