Baht multiplier for pension income?

What does Immigration use as the multiplier for foreign pension income towards their retirement visa (in this case, US dollars)?  That day's exchange rate?  An average over the past year?

I ask because I keep 300K baht in a Thai bank, and therefore need to show 500K baht equivalent in US pension.  Right now, the difference between 30 baht to the dollar and 30.2 makes a big difference in meeting threshold.  I know that recently it has been near 32, which is no problem, but I am also concerned that they may 'discount' that figure or round down.

Any factual info appreciated.

I would think they take the day rate from a Thai bank , but wich bank? and wich rate?  Notes rate or TT rate , logic would be your own Thai bank rate and TT rate as you must the money bring from abroad....and mostly it would be by banktransfer or atm ... so they should use TT rate .

Link to almost all Thai bank exchange:http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Best to calculate with some extra reserve to avoid coming under your needed amount ...,

also i noticed that "mos"t favourable rate is midweek to thurstday , as by Friday they start goiing to a safer rate because of the weekend risks ......

Edited by david555

Depends on the immigration office.

In Nakorn Pathom I take the latest Bangkok Post with me and they take the exchange rate from the front page of the Business section. But, as you can see from the other replies, there is no hard and fast method that is used.

You are going to have to take it up with your local office if the exact rate is mission-critical.

I know I am not adding any value here, but I do wonder how people come up with these kind of questions, I mean how difficult can you make things...

You are correct - you do not add any value whatsoever.  You obviously did not understand the question or the reason for it.  I wonder how dolts like you come up with the time to survey discussions here and post meaningless responses.

If one is trying to manage their money in a way that minimizes the "dead zone", why is it so difficult for some brilliant people such as yourself to understand?

Thanks to those who were able to quickly add a relevant response that answered the question.

Edited by Lobo4819

I know I am not adding any value here, but I do wonder how people come up with these kind of questions, I mean how difficult can you make things...

You are correct - you do not add any value whatsoever.  You obviously did not understand the question or the reason for it.  I wonder how dolts like you come up with the time to survey discussions here and post meaningless responses.

If one is trying to manage their money in a way that minimizes the "dead zone", why is it so difficult for some brilliant people such as yourself to understand?

Thanks to those who were able to quickly add a relevant response that answered the question.

If you don't like a reply to your public post , then don't post, or ignore the reply, instead of turning to insults.