BKK to LAX via Manila

rezbin

I have a question..  I am traveling in September from BKK -> MNL (Manila) -> YVR (Vancouver) -> LAX (LA). The connecting flight from Manila has me worried as I have never been to that airport before.  I have a family of 3 and only have a 1 hour layover.

From your past experiences with connecting (international) flights via Manila (to USA or Canada), what terminals did you arrive, and depart from?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by rezbin

again a pretty useless question-tipical for TV. Tell WHICH airline(s) you take-MNL has 4 terminals and quite far apart. Plus that you'd better ask this before booking such a trip.

As its a big chance its PAL; never heard of Plane Always Late?

Contrary to popular belief, Filipino's outside the "bar" industry have a lot of sense and know how. Many on here have only dealt with Filipino prostitutes and their pimps. You and your family will be fine, they do this every day. The only issue would be if you are not on the same ticket. If it is a connecting ticket on perhaps PAL, no worries. I can't think of another airline which would book and confirm you from Bangkok via Manila, so as the saying goes, "enjoy your flight". 

• Like 1

I agree with both of the posters. If you are booked on PAL, you will be arriving and departing at Terminal 2.  You will have to go downstairs and back upstairs and through security screening again. It is easily done in an hour. If it is something that you have booked yourself, say arriving on Thai Air and departing on PAL, its not going to happen in an hour. Most, non-PAL flights arrive/depart from Terminal 1. You will have to clear customs and immigration and change terminals.

• Like 1

With the exception of the asinine response from asanee, I do appreciate the information provided and thank you. 

We are booked on PAL for the entire trip so it looks like Terminal 2 for both legs.  As for booking the flight, this was done by my employer and had little choice in the matter.

• Like 2

With the exception of the asinine response from asanee, I do appreciate the information provided and thank you. 

We are booked on PAL for the entire trip so it looks like Terminal 2 for both legs.  As for booking the flight, this was done by my employer and had little choice in the matter.

PAL is often the cheapest despite going via Manila. It can however be a much longer day. The one hour connection is actually good(if it works) but going to Vancouver and back down to LAX, I don't know....that most likely a partner airline but perhaps you can clear into the USA in Vancouver saving that LAX hassle. Let us know if you remember. Cheers.

With the exception of the asinine response from asanee, 

You have to remember, ThaiVisa is for the most part the "general public" so you will have these outcasts looking for attention or to simply make people worry about this or that. Use it to your advantage, let it encourage you knowing you are above such antics and can still enjoy life and a family without such self stroking. 

• Like 1