Why do they not comment on the OP's topic?

willyumiii

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to agree with the OP...

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, WRONG, "sometimes" I post something really sensible to untangle the readers gray cells, I know it might take a while to appear but great stuff is worth waiting for............giggle.gif

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, WRONG, "sometimes" I post something really sensible to untangle the readers gray cells, I know it might take a while to appear but great stuff is worth waiting for............giggle.gif

I don't know why I waste my time with you.

I don't know why I waste my time with you.

w00t.gif .....and...........w00t.gif .............thumbsup.gif

Opening posts like this have potential for substantial and thoughtful feedback.

080851-david-slater-camera-monkeys.jpg

Sorry ... OP, can we digress a sec?

Thanks ...  thumbsup.gif

For anyone who hasn't seen this apparently it's the first 'selfie' taken by an animal.

The wildlife photographer who's camera took it up in arms because he is claiming 'copyright' ... but, according to the rules, the image belongs to the Monkey/ape/chimp.

Wikimedia sides with monkey in photo copyright battle over macaque's selfie

A wildlife photographer is taking legal action to reclaim the copyright on a selfie that a cheeky monkey took using his camera. 

British photographer David Slater was on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi in 2011 to snap the crested black macaque when one of the animals made off with his camera. 

Mr Slater recovered the camera to discover hundreds of "selfies", including one of a grinning female macaque.

Here

So ... back to the OP.

"Is there some sort of online sobriety test that they could be required to pass before posting on TV?" ... a noble suggestion, though I think it may has a significant effect on the number of posts.

But it would have saved me from a holiday once ,,, sorry cdinvic ... after all these years, I will admit, I was wrong.

• Like 2

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THEIR'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

I am waiting for you to tell me how I am wrong ... it is the nitpicky thing that i wrote 'profile'?  Instead of writing go to your profile/user name (upper right corner) and then to My Settings.- then to Ignore settings.  There I am allowed to look up a username - pick the correct one - then place them on ignore -- I can choose to Ignore / hide posts... ignore/hide signature and block messages (I assume PMs).   I just had to put a fellow on IGNORE the other day ... and I have tested it.  I was told that a person put on Ignore can still see my posts... but I know for certain I cannot see his.  And if he couldn't see my posts that would be great ... But as the feature has tested to be working  - works great.  Just yesterday the fellow appeared in the same thread and the only way I knew he was there was that a post of his was quoted by someone else... Otherwise there was no trace of him... 

Edited by JDGRUEN

Opening posts like this have potential for substantial and thoughtful feedback.

080851-david-slater-camera-monkeys.jpg

Sorry ... OP, can we digress a sec?

Thanks ...  thumbsup.gif

For anyone who hasn't seen this apparently it's the first 'selfie' taken by an animal.

The wildlife photographer who's camera took it up in arms because he is claiming 'copyright' ... but, according to the rules, the image belongs to the Monkey/ape/chimp.

Wikimedia sides with monkey in photo copyright battle over macaque's selfie

A wildlife photographer is taking legal action to reclaim the copyright on a selfie that a cheeky monkey took using his camera. 

British photographer David Slater was on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi in 2011 to snap the crested black macaque when one of the animals made off with his camera. 

Mr Slater recovered the camera to discover hundreds of "selfies", including one of a grinning female macaque.

Here

So ... back to the OP.

"Is there some sort of online sobriety test that they could be required to pass before posting on TV?" ... a noble suggestion, though I think it may has a significant effect on the number of posts.

But it would have saved me from a holiday once ,,, sorry cdinvic ... after all these years, I will admit, I was wrong.

Thank you David!

It is all coming into focus now....I think.

That selfie?....I may have you beat!

I took this one in 2011.

Does that make me the first???

P.S. I stole the camera from some old farang who was pestering me at the Korat Zoo, where I reside.

[attachment=278436:DSCF5774.JPG]

I don't expect any comment on my own OP's because they are devoid of point - meaningful content - wandering - pandering - genuine feelings or  - without humor or poignant rejoinder towards others and their useless viewpoints - wordy - passionate about nothing - filled with poor punctuation and grandma - generally destined to put most thinking people to sleep......

That's how I know that they'll be accepted by the mods and read by the TVF hoards without recrimination and rancor - let alone a valid opinion.....

OK - now back to your regularly schedule reprogramming.........

But if you put them on ignore, you won't learn from your spelling mistakes.

"Their", belonging to them, not "there".

Actually, it's quite simple. The true "attention-span" of a human born by a woman does not exceed 10 minutes. So, after the 10th post (or less) this "attention-span" is exhausted. What follows is making heavy use of the keyboard, based on the last post. Twitter style.

If occasionally a thread get's started and gathers 150 reply's within 2 to 3 hours, I don't bother to even start reading it.

Exactly for this reason, I am confident, that at some time in the near future, the moderators will be allowed to delete posts by stating: "Too far off from OP-Statement, select individual comment and open new thread based on issue last debated."

Would the "general-forum' be flooded by split-off new threads because of it? Not likely. The keyboard wizards, that respond to post # 325 are not the kind of people that are willing (capable) of enriching this forum by starting a new meaningful thread of their own.

People with a sarcastic frame of mind would consider this as a blessing.  

Cheers.     

Off topic posts not removed.

And while on the OP`s theme of this thread, I miss your goat avatar.

Over the years I have come to recognise certain Thai visa members by their avatars, it`s like a character thing and when members change them it sort of throws me a bit and it`s just not the same somehow. To me PoorSucker was the goat with the funny face and beetlejuice is the dancing bug and so on.

• Like 1