What's the most generous thing you've seen someone do in Thailand

Costas2008

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking to the driver before a minibus trip from Mor Chit to Rayong, I mentioned that sometimes minibus trips scared me. We arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

To this day, I think in his own mind he thought that the less time I spent in the minibus the less time I would be scared.

After changing the underpants and having a shower after the trip I nearly understood his logic.

• Like 2

I know of 3 very kind members on this forum (op included) who donated 500k baht to tourist authority of Thailand. In these days of uncertainty I am sure they appreciate the kind gesture.

I would recommend to you to go and get it also.

It shows my generosity to TAT.

By the way, did the long user name bring you any luck?

The mods allowing this thread to run.

And God allowes you to be alive and healthy so you can post nonsense on my thread.

Of course I am alive and healthy.  No one can change that.  The last person who tried got his nose broken.

Well the kindest thing i have seen is my cat being rescued by my condo security,after he escaped from the balcony onto the walkway which is the run off for surplus rainwater he got a large tip as my cat is deaf and the previous cat i had was also deaf he did the same thing but alas once outside he had climbed down a tree and yes you guessed it into the road chasing bugs and splat hit by car R.I.P.

A married friend of mine had a gek for about 5 years. She was a really sweet girl. She decided that she wanted to start a family before it was too late. She met a nice professional Thai guy her age 25 and then asked my friend if she could start to date this guy as he was very interested in her and a good man. My friend was not angry and wished her good luck and stepped back. A few weeks later on her birthday my friend gave her a name brand pocket book as a gift. When she opened it she also found 1 million baht and a nice letter wishing her good luck with her new relationship and thanking her for being so honest for so many years. She has went on to marry the Thai guy and now has a lovely family... Great girl and a good guy my friend was in taking care of the people he deeply cared about and not the me me me thinking that so many people engage in. Not saying it is right but My friend's wife knew about his gek and did not really care as long as he did not talk about it.
  • Like 1

A married friend of mine had a gek for about 5 years. She was a really sweet girl. She decided that she wanted to start a family before it was too late. She met a nice professional Thai guy her age 25 and then asked my friend if she could start to date this guy as he was very interested in her and a good man. My friend was not angry and wished her good luck and stepped back. A few weeks later on her birthday my friend gave her a name brand pocket book as a gift. When she opened it she also found 1 million baht and a nice letter wishing her good luck with her new relationship and thanking her for being so honest for so many years. She has went on to marry the Thai guy and now has a lovely family... Great girl and a good guy my friend was in taking care of the people he deeply cared about and not the me me me thinking that so many people engage in. Not saying it is right but My friend's wife knew about his gek and did not really care as long as he did not talk about it.

I know an English teacher who gave one hour private English lessons to poor kids after school. He charged ten baht (because "nothing free is worth having"), and did this for the better part of four years.

But another foreigner reported him for no work permit. So he had to quit.

• Like 1

The farang husband of my Thai landlord paid for and put 5 houses in her name, before he died. I think that was very generous of him.

He died nearly 2 months ago and she is now in Norway to visit her new farang boyfriend. She is a true example of education not being important to succeed in life.

Edited by khunpa

The farang husband of my Thai landlord paid for and put 5 houses in her name, before he died. I think that was very generous of him.

He died nearly 2 months ago and she is now in Norway to visit her new farang boyfriend. She is a true example of education not being important to succeed in life.

Success in life, IMHO,  is not conning old farang out of houses in return for rubbing their 'poom pui'.

Success in life, IMHO,  is not conning old farang out of houses in return for rubbing their 'poom pui'.

I doubt she will agree with you :)

I doubt she will agree with you smile.png

She might in her next life.

I doubt she will agree with you smile.png

She might in her next life.

I am sure she does not think that far :-)

Right now her focus seems to be the next farang husband, after "grieving" for nearly 2 months. :)

• Like 1

This relates to all the drunks on soi 2 in Pattaya, they have paid out their life savings to most of the bar girls, now they have just enough money left to buy 3 or 4 beers all day, so they sit and tell their stories, destitute.

Now with the new laws for overstay, they'll have to return home.

This is one of the most generous things I have witnessed in Thailand.cheesy.gif 

Once, I accidentally hit a professor's car at the university's parking lot. I then notified a security guard. The security guard went and got the professor to come and look at his car. The accident was minor. I offered to pay for damage, but the professor thanked me for letting him know about the accident and wont let me pay for the damage of the car.

Then a few years later, the man was backing up his truck and hit my car. He gave me his information, and I wrote down his license plate and stuff. However, I returned the professor favor by did not go after the man to pay for the damage of my car, which was about $250.
  • Like 1

Once, I accidentally hit a professor's car at the university's parking lot. I then notified a security guard. The security guard went and got the professor to come and look at his car. The accident was minor. I offered to pay for damage, but the professor thanked me for letting him know about the accident and wont let me pay for the damage of the car.

Then a few years later, the man was backing up his truck and hit my car. He gave me his information, and I wrote down his license plate and stuff. However, I returned the professor favor by did not go after the man to pay for the damage of my car, which was about $250.

Meh, women drivers!!!

Saw a policeman beating up 2 teenagers who had a scuffle in front of an internet shop. During the physical punishment, he was also lecturing them about the right social behavior outside the ring, when in puplic, while wearing (school)uniform, how to resolve problems between humans/fellow-countrymen/school mates and suchlike...
He was quite generous with his teachings and the 2 guy's were thanking him with the highest Wais they could give. Passersby were shaking their heads in confirmation, made my day.
  • Like 1