Huge haul of illegal timber found in the resort of Charupong Ruangsuwan’s son

Lite Beer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the weapons that were supposedly underground were actually old? Why would anyone store old weapons. Someone must have suspected or rated him out for arms trading.

Not sure where you are from, but most of the world has evolved from using clubs made of wood as weapons.

they should conficaste and close down his "resort" or come back to Thailand and face charges...

how typical cowards they all are, just run away and get all the money while abroad.

Edited by brfsa2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm sure the wood was there before the good doctor built or bought the resort so like Sgt Schultz he would know nothing.

He would have fled because he knew he wouldn't get a fair trial  alt=giggle.gif>

Amazingly there are actually some people on this forum who would argue that till they were blue in the face.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm sure the wood was there before the good doctor built or bought the resort so like Sgt Schultz he would know nothing.

He would have fled because he knew he wouldn't get a fair trial giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

One wonders whether these illegal timber cases plus all the other various crap that Thailand seems to encompass, like people trafficking ,illegal ivory trade etc,  would be getting addressed if there hadn't been a coup.  

Ali-wah! Are you mad? Same same "frozen assets", jail time, restitution of expenses to remove illegal buildings etc etc. The Elite are above these silly ideas! Do you think they're the same as "ordinary " folk?????  facepalm.gifwai.gif

He would have fled because he knew he wouldn't get a fair trial giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

One wonders whether these illegal timber cases plus all the other various crap that Thailand seems to encompass, like people trafficking ,illegal ivory trade etc,  would be getting addressed if there hadn't been a coup.  

Agree. My further question is if any of the reforms have lasting power and I do note that the junta backed away from demanding the absolute listing of wealth/ property ownership of all politicians. Certainly, knowing a little of the history of Thailand, not only the politicians but the military officers should be included in listing wealth/property. Of course, there has to be care not to upset too many people at the same time otherwise there is no progress.
  • Like 1

The typical behaviour of some of the rich as evident in frequent illegal parking of their expensive cars to avoid paying the Bt20 parking fee.

Could you give just one example of this "typical behaviour of the rich"?

He did. Illegal parking of expensive cars. I personally would have picked on illegal shooting of off duty policemen in night clubs, or illegally dragging a police office under a Ferreri. The examples are pretty much endless really and cover both ends of the Thai political spectrum, so it's not a political debate, it's a money talks debate.
  • Like 1

Great job uncovering the wood scheme.  What a horrible crime.  I'm sure there is more illegal wood out there and they need to find out the evil tree killers and bring them to justice.  Only this way can corruption finally be stopped in Thailand.

Awesome use of resources.

Great job uncovering the wood scheme.  What a horrible crime.  I'm sure there is more illegal wood out there and they need to find out the evil tree killers and bring them to justice.  Only this way can corruption finally be stopped in Thailand.

If you have a better scheme, or plan on how to fight corruption, please let us know.

In the mean time, the army with the police are just working their way through all cases which seem to have accumulated over the years. Allegedly that is.

• Like 2

They were searching for weapons. All things considered don't you think this a good thing?

Also environmental destruction and the illegal felling of trees from protected areas is something that should concern everyone.
  • Like 1

I don't think so, those look like ponderosas, and old-growth ones at that. Sugar pines have darker red bark and the scales look different, more angular and with deeper and sharper furrows. 

I'd wager that pic is from Idaho and was taken in the 70s/80s/90s. Speaking of corruption and plundering of public forests: at that time, I know from a former National Forest Ranger, the timber companies paid "a penny on the stump" for huge trees like that. Of course getting to them and getting them out wasn't free, but even then they were worth a thousand times what they paid for them. Never mind that as in SE Asia clear-cutting old growth forests is robbing the future for the benefit of a few people.

I know we are a little off topic here, but you're close with your guess. Could be Washington or Idaho?

Sugar pine is further south on west coast.

See here;      http://www.washington.edu/uwired/outreach/cspn/Website/Classroom%20Materials/Pacific%20Northwest%20History/Lessons/Lesson%2027/27.html

And.........this has what to do with the price of bananas in Thailand?

Indeed, nothing, even though Thailand is sometimes referred to as a "banana republic" However, the subject is the possession and cutting of rare timber and thus the posts are more pertinent than posts about bananas.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

They were searching for weapons. All things considered don't you think this a good thing?

Also environmental destruction and the illegal felling of trees from protected areas is something that should concern everyone.

Another intelligence failure to search for weapons of mass destruction...

More like searching for something to pin on him.

Edited by dukebowling

With good reason it would seem.
  • Like 1

If you have a better scheme, or plan on how to fight corruption, please let us know.

In the mean time, the army with the police are just working their way through all cases which seem to have accumulated over the years. Allegedly that is.

I have laid out the solution many times.

The flaw to the solution is that it is based on this new thing really catching on in the world.  A really novel, interesting philosophy never experienced in Thailand. It's called Democracy.

Edited by dukebowling

Government officials, police and army all have their fingers in the pie of illegal logging. Catching a few Phuea Thai crooks isn't going to change anything.

If you'd kept up with the local news you would have noticed that there have been a number of cases of illegal timber smuggling in recent weeks. Any law enforcement effort to uncover and, preferably, arrest these criminals is progress.

Yes it will make a change (even a small one is worthwhile) to see authorities doing their job despite all the 'Nabobs of Negativity'.

• Like 1

The flaw to the solution is that it is based on this new thing really catching on in the world.  A really novel, interesting philosophy never experienced in Thailand. It's called Democracy.

While I agree with you that Thailand has never experienced real democracy, it's law enforcement that will allow to maintain its forests, especially those containing expensive wood.

BTW law enforcement is a prerequisite for any democracy.

So much negativity on this thread. Did it not flood up north a few years ago. This wood could have easily settled and sunk a bit below ground level. Golden teak is a very dense wood after all. People here seem to think that Mr. Ruangsuwan had buried the planks on purpose using an excavator or similar machinery. That would be a very sneaky act and wholly opposite of Mr. Ruangsuwan's position as a red leader. A man that stands for true justice, equal law enforcement, and an end to double standards would not be burying a huge haul of illegal timber now would he? Poor Mr.Ruangsuawn must find the naughty chap that left these planks lying around on his manor grounds to put an end to all this innuendo. Might I suggest that his running away and hiding is not the best pan to prove his innocence.

I always wondered why all the houses in the north were underground. Now we all know it is because they 'settled and sunk a bit' (3 metres)

I can see several similarities between the poster and Golden Teak.

About 300 golden teak planks were found buried about three metres under ground.

A clear indication that Pheu Thai fugitive from justice Chaurpong's son absolutely knew the illegality of his disgusting and selfish criminal actions.

Clearly unlike the criminal and selfish criminal actions of the Pheu Thai party political rivals for those naive enough to think that there are political distinctions between what are described as the political parties in the Kingdom.

While I agree with you that Thailand has never experienced real democracy, it's law enforcement that will allow to maintain its forests, especially those containing expensive wood.

BTW law enforcement is a prerequisite for any democracy.

The prerequisite for democracy is an election.  After the people are governed by a representative party, only then can proper lawful enforcement occur.

I wonder who get's the wood that they removed?  Follow the wood…

Edited by dukebowling

With good reason it would seem.

I never heard about any reasons.  Was a warrant issued or even discussed?

Do not assume…it will make an A** out of you…you know the rest.

Edited by dukebowling