Marriage Extension For Farang Woman/thai Man

my female farang friend gets a marriage extension without showing any money in the bank. i guess immigration figures the thai husband is the bread winner so not necessary. thing is, i can find and official immigration docs about this. does anyonw know the exact rules for farang women married to thai men?

thx steve

rules are the same as any other marriage visa minus any income and savings requirements.

I did have to put down my employer I beleive and my job position, but I didn't have to show any salary slips or bank accounts.

We also had to answer some questions on how we met, our relationship...and the colour of our bedroom curtains. But that was about it.

my female farang friend gets a marriage extension without showing any money in the bank. i guess immigration figures the thai husband is the bread winner so not necessary. thing is, i can find and official immigration docs about this.
If you want something official on this subject, you can find it on the website of the Immigration Bureau, under “Visa Extension”, second item from the top “to receive the support from a husband who is a Thai citizen or a Thai permanent resident (an non-Thai wife)”

---------------

Maestro

It opens in IE or Opera beta fine for me.

Application for further stay for non-Thai wife to receive the support from a husband who is a Thai citizen or a Thai permanent resident of the Kingdom of Thailand.

Required Documents

The husband who has Thai nationality

Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

A copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

A Marriage Certificate

A copy of Census Registration, a copy of Identification Card

Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any)

A record of interviewing the applicant and her husband

Applicant must accompany her husband to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

The husband who is a permanent resident in the Kingdom of Thailand

Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

A copy of passport

Marriage Certificate

A certified copy of the husband's passport, a non-Thai Identification Card of the husband, permanent Residence Certificate of the husband

Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any)

A record of the interview of the applicant and her husband

Applicant must accompany her husband to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

Evidence of husband's income together with related documents such as: -

Bank pass-book

Bank Statement from the Bank where the applicant has an account

Evidence of employment and income

Evidence of income tax payment (if any)

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

Note

For more information, please call 0-2213-2556

Please note, since I do not apply in Bangkok we must submit two copies of everything:

A copy of passport

Marriage Certificate

A copy of Census Registration, a copy of Identification Card

Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any) No kids

A record of the interview of the applicant and her husband

Now, the website says these aren't required for the wife of a Thai citizen but we are still expected to provide them:

Evidence of husband's income together with related documents such as:

Bank pass-book photocopy ok

Evidence of employment and income business license

Evidence of income tax payment (if any) income tax receipt a requirement