Tourist visas back to back

It will probably be a stop for people doing border runs with many back to back visa exemptions. Obviously many of those people will now apply for a Tourist visa instead. Do you belive they can countinue to stay in Thailand on multiple back to back visa runs with Tourist visas ? Or will the Immigration stop it? Can you stay here 2-3 years and just go out for a new TV every 60 or 90 Days?

So you are asking for a thread of suppositions, second-guessing, interpretation and future predictions, that doesn't look promising.

Basically you look for advance re-assurance on an iffy plan of staying permanently with bridged tourist visa. Sorry, I don't think that will fly, and not just on a forum level.

Edited by paz

I doubt they will allow it and they will at least question you. if you can show you are really  tourist for  years and travelling around doing things al over the country it might be no problem. If you stay in one place you might have a hard time convincing them you are a genuine tourist.

The key to being able to do it may be going home for the tourist visas instead of getting them at nearby embassies and consulates.

The important thing also will be being able to show proof you are not working here. Proof of income from outside Thailand would do that. Going out of Thailand for few days between entries would also help.

I don't really think immigration is all that concerned about you living here on tourist visas (not exempt entries) they don't want you working here illegally.

IMHO rather than a crackdown and try to fix the problem by limiting the effect, back to back entries because of working illegally, they should crackdown on the cause and start an active campaign to correct the cause. Crackdown on the people working illegally, deport them and blacklist them in accordance with existing laws no matter what type of visa or extension of stay they are here on if it doesn't permit employment!  In addition they should fine or close down  the companies that employ them in accordance with the existing laws.  As long as people encouraged to and allowed to work illegally they will find a way around the system!

• Like 1

my guess is eventually, we don't know when yet, they will stop issuing x2 entry TV in the future, leaving us option to stay for 90 days max, then we have to stay out of thailand for 90 days. Some Immigration officers mentioned this plan many times in interviews, and my local friend from immigration police family says the same. 

I just hope they won't make it worse for the tourists who just come to thailand to simply be tourists doing tourist things and wanna do it for more than half a year.

all will be settled into places after elected gov, whenever they can get their shit together. 

no matter what the news rules will be, I will beg the rules to stay consistant and be followed not only by us tourists but also by immigration officers checking us in and out. 

Hi,

anyone know how long after we can go thailand with a without visa 30 days. because I back in Thailand every 30 days. i work one month and one month leave. Is it possible to return without problems? or I have to go through a tourist visa.

Thank you to all

It should be no problem.

The focus is on people who leave Thailand and immediately return to Thailand for a new stay. You do not fit in that category and especially if you have some evidence to show that you work abroad it should be fine.